Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

H2Otx's Build

Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
The Tinkerer
H2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austin
H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb H2Otx's Build

Today, while I am at work and everyone else in the world is off, I figured I would use my time wisely and begin to compile my build for a history of my truck, and what I plan to do with it. Also, to inspire other's creativity.

This will be an all encompassing thread, as I will have my current additions to the truck along with future pieces I plan on purchasing.

I also will attribute credit to those parties who produced some of the parts and helped give me inspiration.

I will update when I can. Pictures will be posted as I update

--------------------

Vehicle = 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Body = Double Cab
Package = TRD Off Road
Add-ons from Dealer = remove TRD Stickers, tinted windows, iPod adapter...and that was pretty much it.

I will do this in sections:
1.) Current Appearance
2.) Exterior Aesthetics
3.) Interior Aesthetics
4.) Electrical
5.) Under the Hood
6.) Suspension
7.) Wheels & Tires

Thanks to the following for ideas, custom parts and fabrication:
- Andres
- Coupe a.k.a. James
- Tim @ txpowdercoating.com
- Jeremy @ 4wheelparts.com
- MJP2 a.k.a. Mike @ liberatedracing.com
- PreRunnerSeath
- Outlaw7
- Lurkin
- ForceFedJunkie a.k.a. Todd @ aeroforcetech.com
Old 12-31-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
The Tinkerer
H2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb 2.) Exterior Aesthetics

Currently:

- Sylvania Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs

- Sylvania Silverstar front and rear blinker bulbs

- Nokya Ion Yellow fog light bulbs

- 2011 Tacoma (Honeycomb) Grille with 2011 Devil Horns

- Devil Horn Toyota Emblem from Andres

- Lower valence Line-X Premium
- Aluminum TRD Skid Plate from Toyota

- Gate Keeper from Jimmy Jammer

- Step Rails from n-Fab Line-X Premium

- Bed Divider from Toyota

- TRD Cubbie Cover by Coupe

- Recovery Hook

- Cool White LED reverse light bulbs from SuperBrightLEDs.com

- Forged Aluminum Trailer Hitch with Stainless Steel Ball

Future:

- Front Light Bar from Avid Offroad

- Roof Rack from Toyota

- Bed Mat from Toyota

- Rear Runner from n-Fab

- PreRunner Tire Gate w/ Skid Plate from TireGate
Old 12-31-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb 3.) Interior Aesthetics

Currently:

- All Weather Floor Mats from WeatherTech

- TRD Japan AT Shift Knob

- Center Console Net = A $12 part that should have come with my $32M truck.

- Cool White LED map and dome light bulbs from SuperBrightLEDs.com

Future:

- FlexPod from Craven Speed

- Interceptor Gauge from Aeroforce
Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb 4.) Electrical

Currently:

- Custom Secondary Fuse Block and Mount (see my signature for How To)
+ 187 Series Circuit Breaker (100A) from Blue Sea Systems
+ ST Fuse Block from Blue Sea Systems

Future:

- 170 or 140 Driving Lights for front Avid Light Bar from LightForce

- 170 or 140 Driving Lights for rear n-Fab Rear Runner from LightForce

- 2820H HAM Radio from Icom

- 2m/70cm UHF Antenna from Diamond
Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb 5.) Under the Hood

Currently:

- Hood Dampers from Redline Tuning

- TRD Japan Oil Cap from Toyota

- TRD Cold Air Intake System from Toyota (the discontinued model)

- aFe Pro Dry Synthetic Air Filter and Pre Filter

- Custom CAI Cover and Fuse Cover from Coupe

- Magnaflow Pro Series Off-Road CBE
+ custom welded into one complete system by All-American Enterprises
+ NOTE: flange required customgrinding to seal completely

Future:

- Electric Radiator Fan from Flex-a-lite

- Intake Scoop from Volant
Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb 6.) Suspension

Currently:

- TRD Off Road STOCK set up

- Rear Leaf TSB 0305-08 was performed 2/2/11
+ The a$$ is in the air a little more but I think it gives it a little more aggressive stance.
+ They claim that it is a harsher ride, but... I actually like it. It complements the OR Bilsteins very well.

- Steering TSB 0119-10 was performed 2/2/11
+ So far with the alignment performed the steering feels tighter and like it should have come from the factory

Future:

- Performance 1.25" Uniball UCAs from Camburg

- 2.5" Coilover w/ Remote Resivoir from Fox

- Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines from Crown Performance

- 3" Expedition HD Leaf Springs from All-Pro

- 2.0" Rear Adjustable Resivoir from Fox

- Carrier Bearing Drop from StreetTacos.com

- JounceShock System from Light Racing
Old 12-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb 7.) Wheels & Tires

Currently:

- BBS RD Truck Wheels

- Dynapro ATM (Size 245/75 R17) from Hankook

- Spidertrax Wheel Spacers

- Rear Wheel Balancers from Centramatic
Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
all the words sound good but we want pictures
Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
looking good nice mods so far your plans sound really good cant wait to see it all come together
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pickup looks good.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #15
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfish68 View Post
did you ever get the n fab rear runner?
Not yet. Still piecing together what to get next. Just received the blendmount for my Valentine 1 and new shoes. Pics to come.

Still planning on it. Why, sup? I have already researched it a bit. What's your question?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP...for progress...

So, I ended up removing the Vent Visors because they are just a pain. I removed the Shorty antenna because it started to rust. I will upgrade to a craven speed antenna in the near future.

SO far:
- Installed a set of Elite Redline Tuning Hood Struts (pics to come).
- Purchased a 2nd set of wheels, BBS RD Truck wheels 17x8.
- Picked up a bed divider.
- Forged Aluminum Trailer Hitch for rust resistance.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #17
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics of the BBS wheels and tires NOW!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #18
The Tinkerer

H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
The BBS wheels are posted, but I dont have the $$$ for tires since I still have the TRD and Tires.