Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

achirdo golden truck build

Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
achirdo golden truck build

*UPDATED 6-25-12*

Being a high schooler i cant afford any major mods, this build is ongoing, adding stuff here and there, this is pretty much a bang for your buck build. feel free to chime in with suggestions tell me what ya think

Current mods:
-camo arm rest mod
-4.10 gears
-ARB Air Locker
-On Board Air
-OME 886s
-OME Nitrocharger struts
-Light racing Upper control arms
-Procomp wheels
-Trailmaster SSV shocks rear
-2" block and rear aal
-285-75-16 treadwright Warden AT
-ARB front bumper with 2 procomp 130 driving lights
-custom colormatched painted grille
-cb and pa system
-Kennesaw Mtn Acc rear plate steel bumper
-Sony Xplode HU w/Sony xplode speakers
-uws bedlined tool box
-benlined weather techs
-golden tie rods
-2 marine mod
-dented skid plate mod
-Camo seat covers
-painted AC faceplate
-painted center console
-4x innovation DOM sliders w/kickout

as it sits today

i cant find any pics of the day the truck was bought but here is the first major mod

3" spacer lift w/ 2in blocks and aal and trailmaster ssv rear shocks (spacer will soon be replaced)

Next came a set of 285 75 16 duratracs

Next a N-fab light bar w/ 2 procomp 130 drivinglights

First real mudding trip w/ 2wd

next big mod was a kennesaw mtn acc rear plate bumper

got to be carful with the plate steal its fragile

next i added a CB radio

[URL="http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/159678/cat/500"]

more pics comming soon of led lights installed in cabin,

still deceiding what to change that spacer out with
Old 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
jeeezy
jeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud of

Name: Jesse
jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jeeezy
nice start man like the rims
Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
jeeezy
jeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud of

jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i would some models do ive seen a few i wish mine did
Old 01-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's looking good Adam, you'll have to meet up with us on our next trip to Red Neck Heaven.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
jeeezy

jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
any plans for exhaust or sound system?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post

Is it me or an optical illusion, but it looks like youve got the taco lean going on here.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
+2 on leaning how much was your bumper?

Can you still pull quite a bit with that bumper and the hitch?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
It's not taco lean, it was my crappy picture taking skills I was holding it at a slight angle. I thought it was taco lean then j saw how the roof was uneven too. The bumper was about $525 I think it was $450+$75 for receiver hitch.

And yeah that hitch is super strong. It's welded to the bumper then the bumper has 8 bolts holding it to the frame, it not going anywhere I've even used that ball hitch as a high lift point with both rear tires off the ground with zero isssues
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #12
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I realized that I havnt missed my truck recently and it was making me feel bad so i decided to paint my chrome grille black.

I used the duplicolor BSP color match spray paint 7.99 at autobarn, valspor clear coat, and rustelom automobile light gray primer. Also I used 150 and 220 grit sandpaper to get the chrome off. also a hair dryer was also needed.

I sanded it all down first with 150 grit then 220

Next I put 3 coats or primer waiting for each one to dry

Next came the BSP spray paint. I think I did 3-4 coats. On the very top of the grille all the pearls in the paint would End up at the edges of the grille because of the slope (sorry no pics) and figured our that if I spray the paint of then immediately put the hair dryer on it it drys before the pearls have a chance to float down.

I did 4 coats of the clear just because I'm anal about it then here is the final product

Next week I should be putting some 35w ddm tuning 3000k HIDs in my fog lights so stay tuned for reports on that.
Attached Thumbnails
achirdo golden truck build-photo-1.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-photo-2.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-photo-3.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-photo-4.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-photo-7.jpg  

achirdo golden truck build-photo-6.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-photo-5.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man, Grill looks great painted black you did an awesome job at making it look original. Nice Tacoma World sticker, probably the only sticker that i would ever put on my truck.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I will one day, I know a lot of people are waiting for them so I wanna have more posts so it shows I'm a good member before I just start requesting things.

Thanks for letting me know tho.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
installed my ddm tuning 3000k hid fogs that i got from a member here today thanks Dwreck

headlights only no fogs

headlights+fogs

very green when you first turn them on...
Attached Thumbnails
achirdo golden truck build-hid1.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-hid2.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-hid3.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-hid4.jpg   achirdo golden truck build-hid5.jpg  

Old 02-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #18
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah those are damn green. They should turn yellow when warm. They did for me.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #19
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #20
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
muddin photos look rad. nice job.