Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My brief Toyota pictorial history… (HomerTaco’s build)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #601
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Yup.
Those definitely look good on the Homermobile!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #603
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought so too...

Much better with the re gear too.

Anthony & I will be getting together to work out some stuff to make them work.
Can't wait to see it wheeling! Those bastards got me hooked now after a little trail run the other day at BC!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #605
Large "member"

NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
whats got ya hooked? trail grapplers? things are insane when they are aired down to about 12-13 pound
No, I was referring to wheeling! I had a blast the other day!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #607
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Yo Craig I finally got the headlights apart toady and between all 4 I couldn't get 2 good ones so I ended up just ordering new ones so if you want them back they are yours. To much work for me to get them right and I have zero patience for that stuff like you do.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #608
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Yo Craig I finally got the headlights apart toady and between all 4 I couldn't get 2 good ones so I ended up just ordering new ones so if you want them back they are yours. To much work for me to get them right and I have zero patience for that stuff like you do.
No prob - I'll add them to the collection here.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #609
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Went to VA this past weekend for the Steven Toyota Meet.
It was my first "official" outing representing my Grill company - TOYWERX

Camped out on the lot - all of 27*

The roof of my truck:

Test fit the 2012 again for YotaMatt:

Flexed out on the ramp (thanks for the pic Namyo)

Went out for a great dinner at a local Italian place:

Met some old friends an made some new ones.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #610
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Any notable difference in milage with the deflector up? Or is it mostly for protection? I've been thinking about mine and doing something similar wondering if its worthwhile. With all the metal and canvas I've got bolted on I'm not sure seeking gains is even worthwhile hahaha. And i havent even put on my 34's yet
Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #611
TOYWERX Grill Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Any notable difference in milage with the deflector up? Or is it mostly for protection? I've been thinking about mine and doing something similar wondering if its worthwhile. With all the metal and canvas I've got bolted on I'm not sure seeking gains is even worthwhile hahaha. And i havent even put on my 34's yet
When I drove back from Vegas after the Moab meet it was very obvious I had it up there. It just felt restrictive.
The fairing does a great job helping cut through the wind. I still know it's there but I don't feel it nearly as much as I did.
Mission accomplished.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #612
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm I guess Ill have to look at making myself one this week, my landtank is already bad enough on fuel and I felt that tent back there hahahaha
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #613
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
you still have your sway bar on?

Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #615
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
makes sense

always wanted to see how far my truck would make it up those things...figure our droop is about the same, but i can tuck my front into my fender
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #617
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery

don't think i'd ever run one again on the truck, but curious to see
Old 10-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #620
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He's got the skills for sure.
I've just got the idea - not the welding knowledge to create it.
I'll be partnering with a local member who does though.
your two best options are a sleeved joint in the center of the sway bar, where it crosses in front of the truck, or interlocking jaws on both sides, about half way between the balljoint and wher it makes the 90*

someone already made one that works off of the principal of the second option, but i forget who it was.

Products Discussed in this Thread