1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HomerTaco's big old bucket o’ bolts build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by HomerTaco, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Jan 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    Rextinkleton93

Rextinkleton93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Superwhite Tundra Crewmax 4x4
    hey!

do you happen to have any pictures of how your tent is mounted on your roof? i really want to do the same but need some sort of direction to start in.

thanks!

2. Jan 19, 2015 at 12:32 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    My RTT is mounted on the PrInSu Caprac that is fastened to the stock Thule Rails that came with my Leer Cap. It is not currently on the truck so I can't take a pic for you.

3. Jan 19, 2015 at 12:51 PM
    Gear Head

Gear Head Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    fj60 front, fj80 rear, full hydro, 5.29's, welded, twin sticked 2.28/4.70 duals, 39.5's, inboarded 63's
    Craig, I need to come to Rauch. I've got a new rig to put through it's paces :D

4. Jan 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    PJ run!

5. Jan 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM
    Gear Head

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    fj60 front, fj80 rear, full hydro, 5.29's, welded, twin sticked 2.28/4.70 duals, 39.5's, inboarded 63's
    Somebody needs to buy the 82 so I can buy a trailer first!!

6. Jan 19, 2015 at 5:52 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Whenever you are ready. :cool:
    [​IMG]
    You mean it's not roadworthy?!?!

7. Jan 19, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Keep telling myself to hurry up on Sliders and skids so I can join in the fun

8. Jan 20, 2015 at 7:45 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    OK so we just need to plan a run to meet up at. You game for Harlan in the first half of this year?

9. Jan 20, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
  10. Jan 20, 2015 at 8:25 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    How about you meet us in Moab in the first half of this year :D

11. Jan 20, 2015 at 4:53 PM
    Gear Head

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    Not yet. Plus it's got full hydro steering so I'm not sure how that will do on the street yet.

12. Jan 25, 2015 at 2:50 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    That's a good plan. :cool:
    Can't wait to see it in person! :D

13. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:04 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    So I really haven't done much of anything to the truck since I last went out wheeling which was in October. Anthony and I completed the body lift and when we did that we cranked the coil overs down and also switched out the rear shackles back to a stock length.
    Essentially added 1 inch of body lift and then removed an inch worth of suspension lift at the same time.
    I have the same ride height but the suspension feels so much better now.

Getting to my point: when we did this I did take the truck to get the alignment done however, I found out that one of the new greaseable lower control arm cam bolts on the front passenger side had rounded out. It wasn't too big of a deal because it drove straight but they were unable to get the alignment where I really want it to be. I'm rubbing a little bit and a proper alignment would fix it.

Since we're due for some shitty weather I got underneath the truck remove the lower control arm skids removed the front IFS skid and swapped out the bolt.
    I also took the opportunity to get the grease gun out and hit all of the zerks.

[​IMG]

This is the rounded out cam:
    [​IMG]
    The greaseable option is nice but I don't think they are as strong as the OEM ones.
    I'll see if I can squeeze in an alignment some point this week. :)

I also spent some time thinking on whether or not I really want to size up to 37's. More on that at another time though...

14. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    wow count me out on those cams!

15. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:20 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Cool Craig! Yeah I'm thinking along the same lines with 37s too...

16. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:23 PM
    PPansini10

PPansini10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09' DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Good call switching them out before the snow :thumbsup:

17. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Yeah... I think going OEM & just keeping up with them is a better way to go.
    Not sure where I stand with that now... :eek:
    Today was the only shot I'd get for a while unless I hit up Jerry to do it in his shop. :eek:

18. Jan 25, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
  19. Feb 9, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    kicking around ditching the Elite for a Hybrid...

thoughts?

20. Feb 9, 2015 at 7:45 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    Would probably match up better with your CBI, but your Elite looks good. The only hybrid I would ever get is a BF. Still something that looks "unfinished" with hybrids though.

I will say that TheBusDriver's BF looks good.

[​IMG]

Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top