Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MadeInMaine's build toy rig

Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine's toy rig build

I bought the truck, used, in Nov 2009. Within a week I went to visit Josh (Yosh2000) and had him do a LED dash cluster mod.

I love this truck and will probably keep it until it can't drive another rotation.

Exterior Mods:

- Custom made recessed mesh grill, made by me.
- Mounted HID Hella 500 behind the grill
- PA speaker behind grill
- Lowered horns to lower valence
- Trailer hitch, sporting my team
- Rear view camera mounted flush into bumper
- Aftermarket taillights
- Retro HID Projector headlights
- Mounted CB antenna
- Blacked TRD rims
- Hercules 285/75/16 rubbers
- Billsteins 5100 in front @ 2.5
- Billsteins 5100 in rear
- Toytec 2" AAL
- Black emblems on exterior
- MadeInMaine custom bed side sticker
- 13" Shorty antenna
- OEM roof rack
- RedTuning Hood Struts
- TRD CAI
- Custom bike racks

Interior Mods:

- Pioneer Avic x910bt CD/DVD/iPod/Navi/Bluetooth
- Boss Bass1500 subwoofer
- LED dash gauge cluster
- iPod in center console
- UltraGauge
- CB w/ PA system
- TRD seat covers
- floor mats
- Maglite holder mod
- 20% tint all around

Not a lot of stuff done, not tons of money. But other than the dash cluster, I did all the work myself.

Here are some pictures:

Cheers

Current....

1 of the first pictures I took of her

pre lift, pre new shoes

RedTuning Hood strust and TRD CAI

new shoes!!

Navy SEAL sticker, TW sticker, and Emergency Medicine
with the CB Antenna

new grill and old bull guard

New emblems

Plasti dipped rims

best bed side decal EVER, custom made

HID retro projectors are done finally!!!

Pioneer x910bt and CB

Rear view camera

LED Dash gauge cluster

TRD seat covers

a few randoms....

By all means, please let me know what you think.

I do the work myself, and would much rather take the hours and pleasure of doing the work myself than to just buy and pay someone else.

Enjoy

Cheers

checking for damage.... all clear!

nice rubbers

FUN W/ PS

My newly TRIAD powder coated, light/bumper bar by KR Fab!

LOVE IT

Cheers

Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
more post lift photos please
Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
plasti dip rims, i never wouldve thought of that. how are they holding up?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome. Love the badges!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
nice build man!!!! i feel the same way on doing things yourself. makes it worthy.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
plasti dip rims, i never wouldve thought of that. how are they holding up?
They are holding up great. Even took them through the snow and mud the other day. They are dirty, but still all black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
looks awesome. Love the badges!
Thanks, I was going to black out the stock ones, but the flatter, raised black vinyl is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
nice build man!!!! i feel the same way on doing things yourself. makes it worthy.
I would rather take a month and do it myself, then pay someone to do it in a day.
So much better when its done by yourself.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Man i'm lovin your build can you give me some more details on your HID retro such as what type of projectors and what not.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Man i'm lovin your build can you give me some more details on your HID retro such as what type of projectors and what not.
www.theretrosource.com

email/ call Matt.

If you want details on exactly what I got, I can get the list for you.
Basically you have a few choices:

-light color
-style of shrouds (the things around the projector lens)
-wattage

other than that, matt helped me put together exactly what I needed. And you need to know which is your stock headlight bulb.

----
Also, you are in San Diego, so if you ever want to just meet up and check out the lights close up, just let me know.

Cheers
Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInMaine View Post
They are holding up great. Even took them through the snow and mud the other day. They are dirty, but still all black!
i've seen plasti dip in aerosol before, is that what you used?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
i've seen plasti dip in aerosol before, is that what you used?

yes sir
Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 AM   #11
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotichoax View Post
I'll get some up tomorrow once I'm off work
Old 01-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Owen, did you get the speaker all set up?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Thanks boss,

yeh, finally got it made up.

No, I didn't switch the cables around yet. In the middle of a stretch of work, but Ill get to it.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
nice, hows the camera?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Good,
I haven't gotten a handle on all the features and making the best out of it. but I have only taken around 500 photos, so I just have to keep using it
Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #16
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotichoax View Post

Here they are.....

enjoy
Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man...I like your set up
Old 01-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #18
MadeInMaine

EMS:
thanks man
Old 01-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #19
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
looks good dude, howd u paint the grill surround tho? mines silver right now and i want it flat black, what did you do?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #20
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInMaine View Post
I would rather take a month and do it myself, then pay someone to do it in a day.
So much better when its done by yourself.
Exactly! That and a few brewskies!