Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

OK...ITS BUILD TIME.....IDEAS 07 TACO

Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
ChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud of

ChopperCam's Tacoma Gallery
OK...ITS BUILD TIME.....IDEAS 07 TACO

Ok guys and gals. Ive come to the decision to build up my 07 Taco 4x4 sport long bed auto in Sand pearl Black

I need your opinions of lessons learned with your experience doing a build.

My list off mods that I want to do ASAP, with your help!

1. All pro front bumper, with warn winch (already have the winch)

2. New wheel/tires...need your help with this one, The rims must be black, the tires to look good with whatever lift I go with. I have no idea about back space, offset.?? Ive tried, but it doesnt make sense...im a slow learner!

3. Lift, currently a 3" revteck crappy lift. I would like a better lift like
a) Pro Comp 6" (lots of $$) Good/ bad?
b) 5100's with coilovers.....not sure what ones are good, and maybe
aal for the rear??

c) Your ideas???

4. Some nice sliders for the side from that guy on here who makes them.

5. Spare tire rack for the bed, get that spare out of the way

6. Need to put Hella 500's behind my grillcraft (still need to buy)

7. UCA's...TC??

8. That should burn through the funds in a hurry, thanks in advance! TW has me hooked now. Im looking to do this ASAP, so please let me know what your have learned from doing this!

Mods already done:
Debadged
Fog anytime
3" revtech lift
BF Goodies AT 275 75 17
Cold air intake
tinted windows
Avic D3 head unit with BT and Sirrus
2 10" subs
Alpine Pdx 1.600 amp
TRD exhaust
Tail gate anti theft mod (thanks TW!!)
Attached Thumbnails
OK...ITS BUILD TIME.....IDEAS  07 TACO-img_0676.jpg   OK...ITS BUILD TIME.....IDEAS  07 TACO-img_0680.jpg   OK...ITS BUILD TIME.....IDEAS  07 TACO-img_2864.jpg  
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
How about...?

Toytec coilovers? AAL in rear (course if you have the money look into leaf packs). (I believe you get what you pay for and the icons, saws, or fox c/o's are better but seems like most guys like their toytecs.) I'd skip the 6"

Wheels: American Racing Chambers or American Racing Mojaves ? 16x8" 4.5 BS I believe will allow you to run 285/75/R16s but you may have to chop and plate the cab mount.

Tires: Duratracs, Dynapro MTs, Toyo MT, Coooper STT or ST, KM2s, other MT or AT?

After looking at the built right and LR UCAs I chose LR but you might want to check out the thread here about the built rights. The rest were out of my price range, TCs are nice if you can afford them.

Skids? Recovery gear? Rear diff breather?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
ChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud of

ChopperCam's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks maxamillion2345,

Im am also unsure about that 6" lift, Im looking at toytec website right now and I think that might be the way to go.
Thanks for the ideas!