Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Your New Favorite 5 Lug

Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
southerncalix951 is on a distinguished road
southerncalix951's Tacoma Gallery
Your New Favorite 5 Lug

Well I bought my 06' Tacoma brand new in 2006. I purchased the base model because that was all that I could afford at the time. I'm bad with taking pics of things as I do them I just do them then take pics. Here we go!

Exterior Mods:
- Debadged
- Black Headlight Mod
- Eyelids
- Color Matched Grill, Bumper and Mirrors
- Black Housing LED Tail Lights
- Tinted 3rd Tail
- Tinted Windows
- DDM Tuning 55W 10,000K HIDs
- Broken Antenna Mod [IMG]file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Performance Mods:
- K&N Cold Air Intake
- Flowmaster 40 Series

Sound System:
- Pioneer Avic D-3 w/ Navi and Bluetooth
- 1400 watts of Kicker Amps
- Xtreme Kreations Door panels
- Kicker CVT 10 Shallow Mount Subs
- Kicker Components Front and Rear
- Viper 5901 2-Way Pager Remote Start Alarm

Suspension, Rims, and Tires
- Total Chaos UCAs
- Icon Extended Travel C/Os
- Icon 3 Leaf Add-A-Leaf
- Bilstein 5100s In Rear
- Black Outlaw II Rims
- 31x10.5x15 General Grabbers
- Matching Spare

And when I first got the truck I lowered it with rims. Glad I came to my senses and lifted the bitch. 2/3 Drop w/ 20s
Old 01-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. Looks much better lifted than it did when you had it in street mode.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoZack View Post
Nice truck man. Looks much better lifted than it did when you had it in street mode.
Thanks I more than agree with that one haha
Forgot to add future mods.

Future Mods:
- Fabbed Front Bumper
- Spare Tire Mount
Old 01-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
it looked ugly when you bought it.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
wow thank the lord you fixed that truck
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
i love your custom door panels dude. how much did that cost?

also are those icons the prerunner icons but you made then fit with the UCA?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Man that looks nice! And Clean!! I am looking forward to this week because it's going to be in the 40's and maybe even in the 50's so I can finally give my Tacoma a detailed cleaning, it's been way too long.

Keep us updated on your truck, even if it's just more pics....we love pics!

How do you like the K&N paired with the Flowmaster? Does it sound good? Is it ricey at all?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Love it. I wanna go with this setup just different tires
Old 02-14-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad, not bad at all!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome.I love the no flairs look
Old 02-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
i love your custom door panels dude. how much did that cost?

also are those icons the prerunner icons but you made then fit with the UCA?

The door panels were about $600 for the pair if I remember right. And that's just for the fiberglass, no speakers or anything, I had to install all of that by myself.. And Icon makes specific C/Os for the 5 lugs. They are special order though, they don't just stock them like others because not many 5 lugs are asking for the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post
Man that looks nice! And Clean!! I am looking forward to this week because it's going to be in the 40's and maybe even in the 50's so I can finally give my Tacoma a detailed cleaning, it's been way too long.

Keep us updated on your truck, even if it's just more pics....we love pics!

How do you like the K&N paired with the Flowmaster? Does it sound good? Is it ricey at all?
I like the K&N and Flowmaster together a lot, I've ran the setup on every truck I've owned. Only thing I would suggest is just doing a Flowmaster muffler. I made the mistake of running 3" piping from the cat back and I lost way too much compression. I went back to stock with the Flowmaster and it's perfect. When people hear it they don't believe me me when I say it's a banger.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Love it. I wanna go with this setup just different tires
You'll LOVE the setup. Feels like a totally different truck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Looks awesome.I love the no flairs look
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathom View Post
Not bad, not bad at all!
Thank you for the compliments gentlemen
Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #14
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! you should add some yellow fog lights.

It sure is one of my favorite 5 luggers for sure. So how high is it lifted?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncalix951 View Post
- DDM Tuning 55W 10,000K HIDs
10,000K? I take it those are left over from street truck mode?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Looks great! you should add some yellow fog lights.

It sure is one of my favorite 5 luggers for sure. So how high is it lifted?
Not really into the yellow fog look... It's about a 3.5" lift
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
10,000K? I take it those are left over from street truck mode?
Actually no, since they are 55watt ballasts the 10,000 kelvins are washed out to about as equivalent as a 35w 6,000k HID set.. They light shit up like you wouldn't believe. No need for Offroad lights, I aim my headlights a little higher then stock and I can see a good distance down the road
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncalix951 View Post
The door panels were about $600 for the pair if I remember right. And that's just for the fiberglass, no speakers or anything, I had to install all of that by myself.. And Icon makes specific C/Os for the 5 lugs. They are special order though, they don't just stock them like others because not many 5 lugs are asking for the setup.

I like the K&N and Flowmaster together a lot, I've ran the setup on every truck I've owned. Only thing I would suggest is just doing a Flowmaster muffler. I made the mistake of running 3" piping from the cat back and I lost way too much compression. I went back to stock with the Flowmaster and it's perfect. When people hear it they don't believe me me when I say it's a banger.
Can you give me the pn? How much were they
Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man love the subs in the door, maybe some action shots?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #19
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Your title says it all. Lol. Very nice 5 lug...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
Can you give me the pn? How much were they
They were custom made by a shop that used to linger around the forums, but they stopped production of them. They only ran a limited number of them