Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

AzogSS' Build.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
AzogSS' Build.

Most recent, taken in the field where we will be building our new house. Photo Credit: Brett Flashnick of Flashnick Visuals Columbia, SC

Finally getting around to starting a build thread.

In 2009 I bought a Double cab Sport (2008) with 26,xxx on the odometer. It was a great truck until I was searching for aftermarket parts and stumbled upon Tacoma World. The Mod bug hit and I found myself doing the BHLM within having the truck for 2 weeks... my wife though I was nuts for putting headlights in the oven. The rest is history.

WHY/Inspiration: I got back from my second deployment to Iraq mid 2012 and was in awe over the amount of light we had on the MRAPs over there. The LEDs mounted on them really made night into day. I never forgot that and have been throwing LED lights on my truck since being back. Guess that was my inspiration. Front and rear are finished with lighting, now for the sides

This is the day I bought her, that's my wife in the background giving her approval on the new ride.

Also day one with factory pontoons attached.

With my old civic, now sold :-/

Rear Glass

Started with Grill Craft, Tint, LamineX foglight covers, and BHLM.

Debadged entire truck, affixed TRD emblems on the grillcraft and one on the lower right side of the naked tailgate.

Wet Okole covers front, rear and arm rest.

And so began my FX-R Retrofit with 4300k with Morimoto ballasts.

Oh yeah... factory roof racks were added around this time.

Flicker.

On the truck... painted hoodscoop black.

Did my Satoshi grill and added the x-runner valance and my buddy SGrappone (on TW) rolled some vinyl below it.

Powder coated some FJ TRD wheels (wrapped in BFG AT's 265 75 R16) as Trail Teams clones. Also added an All Pro skid and DeMello offroad sliders.

Thule Roof rack attached to factory... this was a trip to the Nanahala River in NC.

Lifted with OME 885's, OME Struts, Rear TSB + AAL and Light Racing Upper Control Arms. Also added a black toolbox with rails on top (bolts into the Rail system in the bed with "J" hooks.

Torn apart for ARB Bumper and fog lights. Big thanks to Jeff (tigerfan00) for the help.

My wife and Weezie hanging out in the hammock.

Relentless Rear bumper installed with PIAA lights!

Removed the PIAA lights and replaced them with these LED lights I purchased from Northern Tool and Supply. They work much better and are rated at 1350 lumens each.

Just got my 4" LED lights mounted behind the grill (GrillCraft) on the Elusive Elements Bar. Both the LED lights purchased from SlimCubby and the Elusive Elements bar were of great quality.

LED Lights only.

FXR Retro only.

FXR Retro and SlimCubby LED lights behind grill.

Great Output and wide pattern (even though description says spot light pattern, I am very pleased with the spot/flood capability).

Rigid Industries LED lightbar (20" on BDF Light bar... now BAMF design)

Cut out support to accommodate RI light bar.

Output of Duallys only.

Output of V3 LEDs that replaced stock DTRL and turn signals.

Mods
Window Tint
BHLM
FX-R Projector Retrofit (with 4300k D2S bulbs)
Alpine Head unit (MP3/USB/iPhone/iPod only)
LED Parking lights/map lights/dome lights
2009 Tail lights
DTRL Mod
Hood scoop painted black
Wet Okole Seat covers with TRD stitching
Factory Roof rack - SOLD
All Pro IFS Skid Plate
Satoshi Grill with Grill Craft insert
Metal Miller "Toyota" grill letters - REMOVED
Fog Light Mod
BFG All Terrains 265 75 R16
Demello Offroad sliders
Viper remote start/alarm
AFE S Pro Dry drop in
FJ TRD Trail Teams replicas (Powdercoated locally)
ARB Front Bumper
OME Nitrocharger Shocks
OME 885 Springs
Light Racing UCAs
Toyota TSB rear leaf pack
Wheeler offroad AAL rear
In Pro Car wear LED third Brakelight
Thule Xsporter Bed rack (bolted into factory accessory rails)
Tule M.O.A.B. Basket - SOLD
BajaRack (bolt on)
Hose clamps on Tailgate
6 "D" rings in bed
Rocky Mount Track mounted bike racks - SOLD
Debadged entire truck (TRD emblem only on tailgate)
Elusive Elements Light Bar
Relocated Horns for grill lights
2x 1900 lumen Slimcubby LED lights in Grill
2x 1350 lumen LED lights in bumper
2x 1350 lumen LED lights on BajaRack
Relentless rear bumper
V3 LED DTRL (replace stock) amber/amber color
Morimoto X DRL LEDs in place of ARB turn signals
Rigid Industries Duallys custom mounted in ARB Fog light openings (Big thanks to Slimwood Shady for the brainstorm/production)

Big thanks to Scott (Sgrappone) and Jeff (tigerfan00) for lending a hand.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
~AK49~
AlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
AlaskaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well damn that's a really nice Tacoma
Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit dude that is really badass and just wondering if you thought about painting the chrome bowls inside your lights black or if you just liked the chrome better, personally i think they would be badass all black
Old 01-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
jesus thats a nice build.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
holy shit dude that is really badass and just wondering if you thought about painting the chrome bowls inside your lights black or if you just liked the chrome better, personally i think they would be badass all black
Thanks dude! No not a chrome fan, just too lazy to unwire them, open them up and paint them.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
The Wombat is on a distinguished road
The Wombat's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox?

Where'd you get the toolbox that fits into the stock rails? Link/Pics?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #8

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wombat View Post
Where'd you get the toolbox that fits into the stock rails? Link/Pics?
I'll post some pics/info later today.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #9

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Black tool box pics. Was bought at Hudson brother's truck accessories in Lexington, SC. The manufacture name and number can been seen in one of the pics. If you notice in the pic where the box is open, there is a slot on each side that you fish a "J" bolt down into the rail system on the Tacoma. Once it is seated in the track you put a washer on and bolt it down tight and it won't move. Hope this helps.

New Bed rack.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Tckwarrior is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Tckwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Black tool box pics. Was bought at Hudson brother's truck accessories in Lexington, SC. The manufacture name and number can been seen in one of the pics. If you notice in the pic where the box is open, there is a slot on each side that you fish a "J" bolt down into the rail system on the Tacoma. Once it is seated in the track you put a washer on and bolt it down tight and it won't move. Hope this helps.

Nicely done, I attached a powdercoated black toolbox from lowes using a similar method. Good looking rig.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff! Very nice truck indeed!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck man!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #13

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Very nice truck man!
Thanks dude, I'll see you around town!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Thanks dude! No not a chrome fan, just too lazy to unwire them, open them up and paint them.
totally understand when i painted mine they were janked up so i just got some new lights for christmas so i didnt have to deal with it
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #15
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
disassemble's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

this truck is amazing... GREAT JOB!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice build!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #17
bostwick0611 is on a distinguished road
Name: kyle
bostwick0611's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post more pics of your scoop painted
Old 01-31-2011, 03:20 AM   #18

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostwick0611 View Post
Can you post more pics of your scoop painted

Some old ones.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:53 AM   #19
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck! That ARB gives it a real mean looking stance
Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
saltidadyo will become famous soon enoughsaltidadyo will become famous soon enough

Name: sal
saltidadyo's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a really good looking truck man. Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!