1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No more rubbing...for now!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by udy2554, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 2, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    udy2554

udy2554 [OP] NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    Did some trimming of the wheel wells today. I just used tin snips. Removed the mud flaps up front then cut back the inside-most bottom edge of the flare. Kinda blended it into the outside edge. So far, no more rubbing. I haven't "flexed" it anymore than driveway edges and parking lot entryways, but so far, so good.

I also trimmed back the front of the wheel well liners. The front-most part of the liner was ziptied up when the ARB was installed. Used the tin shears there as well. Hope I didn't go too far. Doing so kinda left the back of the headlights exposed. Not to bad, but I guess there is a possibility of a stone getting thrown up there. I may have to rig up some kind of a shield for them.

Being the pic whore that I am, here you go!

Flare trimming:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Liner trimming:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To much, not enough? I will have to wheel it to see if any more rubbing occures. I also still need to adjust the coilovers about an inch or so to account for the weight of the bumper and winch.

2. Feb 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Looks good! I had to do similar trimming. You may want to cable-tie the remaining part of the inner fender to the structure behind it or else it'll flap in the wind at highway speeds. How big are those Duratracs (are those Duratracs??) and how much lift?

3. Feb 3, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    udy2554

udy2554 [OP] NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    Yup, Duratracs. 285/70/17's, D-rated. Just had them rebalanced after snow wheeling the other day. I'm running them at 34psi. for the smoothest ride. Lift is the 3" Toytec ULK with the OME Dakar rears. I also put in the Light Racing UCA's. The combination works awesome on the road. It handles like a race car in the curves. Also works INCREDIBLE on snowy roads. I have total comfortable confidence in the handling of this thing in all conditions.

I still need to raise the front of the truck another inch or so to compensate for the winch and bumper.

Your truck looks pretty sweet, very similar in stance. I like it!

Products Discussed in

To Top