Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Roadrunner '05 TRD Tacoma 4x4

Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Roadrunner '05 TRD Tacoma 4x4

2005 Tacoma, purchased new. 70k miles currently. Need to add some new pictures, been a long time.

MODS:
Armor
All-Pro Expedition front bumper with full hoops
All-Pro IFS Skid
All-Pro Transmission Skid
Stubbs HD-SKO sliders

Suspension
Currently: OME 885s and nitrocharger shocks with OME 1.5" AAL rear. All-Pro U Bolt Flip Kit
Ordered: Icon 700lb extended travel coilovers front, DSM uniball UCAs, All-Pro expedition leaf pack rear with Icon remote res ext travel rear shocks.

Tires
BFG MT KM2's 255/85/16 on stock TRD OR 16" rims.

Misc.
Exploration outfitters 20" dual row spot/flood combo lightbar
Truxedo Tonneau cover
Pop&Lock locking tailgate
Rear diff breather mod
Cobra CB with wilson lil wil magnet mount antenna.
Bed mounted Hi-lift, shovel, axe.
Viair portable air compressor
Relocated trailer connections into the bumper vice below.

Stereo
Pioneer Avic Z120BT
Alpine MRP F300 4 channel amp (bridged to 2x150w)
Infinity Reference 6x9 3 way coax speakers
XO Vision universal backup camera with night vision
Metra dash kit/Boss amp install kit

1. Out near the Malpais national monument in New Mexico

4. Cibola National forest, Manzano mountains of New Mexico

5. Camping out in the Mojave national preserve
Attached Thumbnails
Roadrunner '05 TRD Tacoma 4x4-roadrunner.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
clean looking truck but i hope you get the mod bug
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Update: Just upgraded my sound system with the following items:

Pioneer Avic Z120BT Head unit
Alpine MRP F300 4 channel amp (bridged to 2x150w)
Infinity Reference 6x9 3 way coax speakers
XO Vision universal backup camera with night vision
Metra dash kit
Boss amp install kit

Installed myself with a friend over two days. I used a dremel and reused the stock speaker mounts. I think it worked much better than anticipated, I didn't even measure anything which I thought would lead to depth issues (contact with the window at full down). Instead, it worked perfectly.

Overall the sound is great and much better than stock. I didn't want to go full bore and get a sub and components because I don't need it and I want to save the added weight for offroad gear. I'm very happy with how it turned out and how much capability I got for the $.

Total budget was right at $1100. Bought the HU lightly used, everything else off of Amazon.

Mounted the camera above my receiver hitch on the bumper drop area.

Sliders getting welded on tomorrow! Then its time for a lift...
Old 03-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Sliders are on. The Stubbs HD-SKOs took just over an hour labor to install at XXX traction in Seaside, CA. They did a great job, even hit the scabs with paint for me!

Just ordered my OME lift from Toytec. 885s with the tsb AAL.

So lets see, I was stock (mostly) when I posted this thread a month ago. I now have a whole new stereo system, rock sliders, and a lift enroute. Nice work TW, your powers are strong.

Pics to follow.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get a chance to take pics of your HU yet?

I know alot comes into play for the all around sound but I was wondering how you're liking your Infinity speakers?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Had a more current picture with the armor and lightbar. This is on top of the Bradshaw mountains in AZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Roadrunner '05 TRD Tacoma 4x4-bradshaws.jpg