Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

CleanTRDmachine Build Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
CleanTRDmachine Build Thread

Not the most elaborate build this far, but here it is...
Enjoy!

First my 99 TRD...

Pick up day July '08

Debadged:

Removed stock grille and bug guard.
Replaced with Grillecraft, Hella 500s, 06 TRD sport grille surround from ilovetacos

TSB for rear add a leafs

Demudflapped:

Foglight Mod:

BFG All Terrain TA KO 265 75 16's

Truck came with the cheap blue tint on the front windows so I got them tinted to match the backs and a strip across the windshield

Flowmaster Super 40:

UPDATE:
Maglite Mod

I mounted the first mount back too far that I couldn't get the right screw in the rear mount so had to run to Lowe's for a 6" screwdriver extention for the drill

UPDATE:
Installed the AntennaX 13in antenna

UPDATE:
Painted lower valance

Before:

After: (still drying)

UPDATE:
Fixed temp/direction gauge...

UPDATE:
Vision X 55/65w H4 headlights / Halo Solaris H10 foglights

UPDATE:
Installed 2.5" Velocity Offroad leveling kit along with 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

UPDATE:
Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount

UPDATE:
Locked up $7.00 at Lowe's. 4 ft combo lock cable

UPDATE:
Last night I installed my Stage I interior LED kit...

UPDATE:
Today we painted the rims and plasti-dipped the toyota symbol on the center cap...

From Pep Boys:
Krylon Satin Black... 4 cans
Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter 2 cans

From Lowes:
600 and 400 grit sand paper

+
several packs of index cards, soap, towels, bucket, 1 can of red Plasti-dip, jack, jack stands...

After sanding, cleaning, index carding, and adding adhesion promoter...

grinded plastic weld on toyota emblem and plasti dipped

Done!

UPDATE:
Installed Toytec rear AALs

UPDATE:
Just threw on my Xmas gift from Wifey... Extang Trifecta Signature Series...

UPDATE:
Before Reese Tow Hook

After:

Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good so far!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Both look really nice..
Old 04-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking good man. Keep updating the build. I like the painted lower valance
Old 04-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
I Give No F#$%!
JediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to beholdJediNinja is a splendid one to behold

Navy:
JediNinja's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean, how did you mount your hellas behind the grille?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNinja View Post
Very clean, how did you mount your hellas behind the grille?

^^^^^+1^^^^^

BTW.....how does the flow master sound? I have been thinking about upgrading the stock exhaust on mine but I dont want to hear it in the cab with the windows up.

Truck is looking good.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhhh, the rims look SICK!!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
jimmy12 is on a distinguished road

jimmy12's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good & clean. If you decide to mount a winch, keep it clean looking by going with the undercover hidden winch mount. Its as clean looking as they get.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #15
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
you weren't joking, this is a VERY clean looking truck, good job
how's the reception with the 13" antenna?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #17
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
Thanks,
reception is pretty good AM channels are not the best though
pshh, who needs AM channels
Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
Clifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: bang bang
Name: Cliff
Clifford's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean truck. Love the 4 doors.