LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TenCrawler's Build

Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
TenCrawler's Build

UPDATED: 11 MAR 2013

I bought my 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed SR5 TRD 4X4 towards the end of summer 2009; I have been tinkering away with modifications and additions since. I continue to draw from the wealth of knowledge this community has to offer. This is a formal thank you to an outstanding community of a'holes, misfits, and above all else Tacoma enthusiasts.

How She Looks Currently

Albums:
- 2007 Tacoma DC SB SR5 TRD 4X4

Completed Mods:
- Removed OEM Steps (SOLD)
- Removed Undercover Classic Hard Tonneau Cover (SOLD)
- Debadged
- Painted black stock Sport rims (SOLD)
- Mud Flaps Removed
- Tinted Tail and 3rd Brake Lights
- Stock Running Boards Removed
- DeeZee Bed Mat
- Secondary Filter Removed (SOLD)
- K&N Drop-In Filter (SOLD)
- AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer
- GROM iPOD & AUX input
- Painted HU, AC Controls, and Center Console Black
- Removed Bug Deflector
- Painted Black Lower Valance
- 17" Pro Comp 7089's w/ 265/65R17 Toyo Open Country AT (Currently in the market for a set of 32/10.5R17 MT's, {Toyos, BFGs, or Coopers])
- Bilstein 5100s set at 1.75" w/ Stock TRD Coils
- Wheelers 1.5" 3-Leaf Progressive AAL on non-TSB springs w/o overload (Sits just about level)
- All-Pro U Bolt Flip Kit
- Swapped 2005 JBL HU for a 2010 JBL HU (Both painted black)
- UWS Low Pro Toolbox (SOLD)
- Coverking's Ballistic Cordura Waterproof Seat Covers (Front & Rear)
- 6000k Morimoto D2S Mini Murdered Retrofits w/ Euro LED running light strip
- PIAA 6000K Runing/signal bulbs
- Hyperwhite LED corner lights
- 6000k DDM Fog Light Bulbs (currently gathering parts for a retrofit)
- Fog light anytime MOD
- 6.5"
- Volant CAI
- AEM Dryflow Filter
- URD Y-pipe
- Magnaflow Exhaust (debating on a turn down straight from muffler)
- Additional D-rings

GROM Audio iPod Interface

GROM Audio AUX Input

Painted Stock Sport Alloys & Brake Calipers

Painted Center Console How to @ Post #23

Painted '07 JBL Stereo (switched to '10 JBL Painted)

Paint & Swap '10 JBL Stereo

Painted Lower Valance & Grill Emblem

Pro Comp 7089's w/ Toyo Open Country A/T

Tail Light & Third Brake Light Tint w/ UWS Low Profile Toolbox

DDM Tuning 35W 5000K Head & Fog Lights

UWS Toolbox Tiedowns

Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75"

Bilstein 5100's w/ Wheeler's 1.5" 3 Leaf Progressive AAL (Non-TSB)

All-Pro U Bolt Flip Kit

Suspension Post Lift

Fog Light Anytime Mod (more pictures in my album)

Removed Bug Guard

6.5" Front Component System w/ home made adapter

Volant CAI w/ AEM Dryflow Filter

Retros

URD Y-Pipe

Magnaflow Exhaust

Summer 2012
Old 02-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck! i love those rims! when you painted your center console piece with the shifter and the cup holder, what are those 3 black dots?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pickup looks good.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
those arent shadows man they are dark, looks like paint but i dont know
Old 02-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
nice truck! i love those rims! when you painted your center console piece with the shifter and the cup holder, what are those 3 black dots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Holes based on the shadow below. I'm wondering what it's for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
those arent shadows man they are dark, looks like paint but i dont know
There are three rocker switches there that were used for aux lighting and power. After I do my Satoshi they will control two lights behind the grill and one set of cable lights down each side of the bed.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Nice pickup looks good.
Thanks! It looks a lot better with the 5100's all around. I'm taking the bug guard off as well. Satoshi to follow. Then lights. It seems the list never ends...
Old 02-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Where did you buy the '10 JBL Stereo?
$100 from another member on here. I would still like to find the original AUX input for the back of the head unit, so I can free up the other port on the GROM for bluetooth (much cheaper than the Toyota bluetooth).
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
lil wayne in a tacoma?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
clean build looks good brotha...
Thanks! Like every other Taco owner, it's a constant work in progress.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good so far! You need BHLM!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #15
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Looking good so far! You need BHLM!!!
I actually like the look of the chrome lights with the silver paint. I was considering about getting some of the chrome paint and going for a gunmetal look and replacing the reflector and lens with clear. I then plan to get straight eye lids (not the angry ones). I will do the satoshi first, and then see how I feel about the lights then. If I ever do a projector retro fit, I will get rid of all chrome and do silver to match body.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb0913 View Post
lil wayne in a tacoma?
I have a very extensive collection of music, and I truly do listen to everything. Currently I am on a pretty big Circa Survive kick with a little Old School Hip-Hop when I work out in the mornings.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #19
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. What size wheels and tires are those?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #20
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy68 View Post
Looks great. What size wheels and tires are those?
Thanks! 17x8 Pro Comp 7089 Wrapped in 265/65/17 Toyo Open Country A/T's. I would like to put a set of Cooper Discoverer ST's on next, but the Toyos just last so long and are such a good road tire. I don't do enough wheeling to justify a set of MT or anything more aggressive than an all terrain tire.

Products Discussed in this Thread