Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

07 DC Surf Seeker

Old 04-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #61
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
great looking truck! really like the bumpers.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #62
SeaPig173 is on a distinguished road

Army: De Oppresso Liber
SeaPig173's Tacoma Gallery
Camping at San Onofre / Church's

Just a quick update on the End Cap. It worked great, really helped me and the wife stretch out and we stayed very warm. The camp site set up and break down is definitely in the 'to-be-improved' category. Otherwise, a great overall trip. Bonus, the wife and baby had a great time, she want's me to spend more money on the rig to improve our comfort and ease!!

Some pics:

Old 06-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #64

So I've finally pulled the trigger on the leaf spring upgrade, Deaver springs with limiting straps are getting custom fabricated now to meet my "expedition load weight." This ought to prevent the current sag and squeak, as well as remove the fabtech blocks. Not sure if we'll be upgrading the rear shocks or not, we'll see. Install is being done by Lavender Brothers in Monterey, Ca. I'm excited!

Also, I'll be installing some Dyna Mat into the cab to reduce some of the road noise and increasing overall comfort on those long road trips. I'm sure a new stereo and speakers will find their way in to my rig soon enough!

Lastly, I ordered the ARB CKMA12 compressor to meet my OBA needs.

Made a trip to Big Sur for Mother's Day and stayed at Kirk's Creek, simply awesome! Also booked my trip to Yosemite for September, hopefully we'll so some fire road exploration north of the valley on the way out.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #66
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaPig173 View Post
It arrived today. I'm stoked! It took about one minute to set it up, and thirty seconds to break it down. It connects to my racks and a bungee to rear fender/rock slider/rim. Two dowels or tent poles can be installed on the vertical-outer corners for additional support, if required.

Priced at $225. Let me know if anyone's interested, I can work out ordering
details. This is designed specifically for a snug top shell with some kind of racks. Other colors available too.
I am REALLY digging this setup....I would love something like it....
Old 07-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #67

I haven't been on for a while, but wanted to make some updates.

Installed a Pioneer Deck, a new amp and speakers. I got hooked up from Marv the stereo guy who posts on here. He was awesome, the truck sounds great too. I used some Dynamat and other stuff to dampen the sound from the road. It helped a lot.

Installed the new custom deaver leafs so I could remove the crappy lift blocks. The rear is so much more smooth with the longer travel. It's like a whole new ride!

Had another incident with the Fabtech shocks; the rubber bushing on the rear shock mount disintegrated and caused the shock to shear. I ordered a new pair and installed them, although due to my initial anger and throwing out the broken shock, I probably cost myself some cash. I think Fabtech should change their bushing kits so they don't fail, however, I should have checked them since this has already happened once before.

Made a trip to Yosemite, the truck set up was awesome. We had a lot packed in and no issues with getting the family and gear all there in one piece.

Moved back to Washington, so I look forward to hitting the trails up here again. Enjoying the summer, it is nice up here when the sun is out!

SP
Old 07-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #68

Putting a feeler out, I'm asking $26,000 for the truck, AS IS. I have 75,000 miles on her even though she's a 2007 (all the deployments I suppose). I have done all the maintenance, she runs great. I don't want to part with her, but I need to get a different ride with the latest expansion to the family.

PM me for serious inquiries. West Coast delivery is possible, but if you want to see the truck you've got to come to me.