Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

705 Taco's little build

Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile 705 Taco

Well here it is at the dealer 10 minutes after it came off the truck Jan 2011. It's a 2011 Access Cab 2.7L 4x4 SR5 Automatic. Some options include cruise, power windows and locks, air, keyless entry, steering wheel audio controls, alloys, and leather wheel and shift knob.

This pic shows newly installed Armor Lid, Hidden Hitch, window tint, and my first attempt at a tire upgrade. Goodyear Wrangler Silent armor P265/75/16's. I also installed a Ready Lift levelling kit at this point.

Next came PIAA Xtreme White driving lights. This kit is Tacoma specific and bolts right in.

Shot of the Warn Trans4mer grill guard or as my buddy calls it, the cow puncher. At this point I wasn't sure if I was going to get a winch. I also installed a hood protector but it was so ugly I couldn't stand looking looking at it so I removed it shortly after.

Got a good deal on a Warn M8000 and wireless remote from 4Wheel Parts. Closeup of the winch mount after I had it Line-x'd. Still waiting for the fairlead at this point.

Goodies from Toytec. Eibach coils and 5100 Bilstein shocks. Can't beat this stuff for the price and works better than the levelling kit.

As it sits currently after the six inch Procomp and new wheels and tires.

LED Brake, turn signals, and reverse light LED strip below tailgate: Reverse light LEDs shown below

This pic shows brake light LEDs:

Went to the Tampa meet today and Pyro did this for me. I like the blue much more than orange:

Not so much a build thread as it is a list of accesories I have had installed to make the truck a bit more to my liking. Here's the list as of March 16, 2012:

6 inch ProComp Stage 1 lift
Toytec Eibach coil springs
Toytec driver side Taco lean spacer
Deaver 1.5 inch add a leaf
Bilstein 5100 series front shocks set at 0 lift
ProComp rear blocks and shocks
18x9 black XD Monster wheels with OEM sensors installed
LT 275 70 18 BFG All Terrain TA tires
8000 lb Warn winch
Warn Trans4mer grill guard/winch mount
PIAA Xtreme white driving lights with anytime mod
PIAA Xtreme white headlight bulbs
Armor Lid hard tonneau cover
Hidden Hitch
Dee Zee bed mat
Window tint
XM satellite radio
Garmin GPS
Ultra Gauge
LED strip below tailgate
Pyro's blue LED gauge mod
OEM aluminum step bars
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Very clean.

Did those PIAA lights connect to the factory wiring or did you splice them in? Are they much brighter than the standard fogs?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Tacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacomada's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Those wranglers prograde or p-rated? They seem to work pretty well, bit slippery on ice, but can't complain for an a/t...

Just curious if they are pro-grade what pressure you running?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Especially cause your truck is white (mine is too)
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
Tacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacomada's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they are boat anchors for sure... 51lbs a piece i think. In that sense im regretting them a little... other than that they are great so far.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i saw you said those good years were 32"s, are they just 265/75/16's? good looking truck btw
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
I can only see the picture with the winch, even with the one picture though, it looks prettttty badass
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFun View Post
Looks good! Very clean.

Did those PIAA lights connect to the factory wiring or did you splice them in? Are they much brighter than the standard fogs?
I used the wiring that came with the lights since my truck didn't come with factory fogs. Yes they are super bright.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
Nice looking truck!! I like your lift, looks great! Very clean too.

Thank and yours is sweet too.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
My truck dreams of being your truck...
Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
My truck dreams of being your truck...
Thanks. That's a very nice compliment. All u need is the lift and you're there.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
Thanks. That's a very nice compliment. All u need is the lift and you're there.
I've got my coilovers cranked up a touch over 3 inches, that's all I'll ever go.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
Zombie Killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I've got my coilovers cranked up a touch over 3 inches, that's all I'll ever go.
That's plenty anyway. I just wanted to make my truck tall for some reason.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man how are you liking that Armor Lid? I'm looking at possibly getting the Undercover model or the Armor Lid. Any differences between them?

I recently had a NFAB spare tire carrier for my full-size spare but I want a cover so I figure I'll just lock it in the bed
Old 02-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #19
Zombie Killer!

I like it a lot. It's a year old now and I have no complaints. The Undercover is pretty similar. Mine has a smooth underside and the Undercover has an X pattern structure that you can see underneath and I didn't like that as much.
I'd buy one again if the need arises. How are you liking the spindle lift?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
I like it a lot. It's a year old now and I have no complaints. The Undercover is pretty similar. Mine has a smooth underside and the Undercover has an X pattern structure that you can see underneath and I didn't like that as much.
I'd buy one again if the need arises. How are you liking the spindle lift?
I love my Camburg spindles...it's the only way to go IMO with a Prerunner.

One more question for you - does your tonneau overlap over your factory bedrails? If so has it ever shifted and scratched the paint? Thanks