The building of FourWheelsofFURY

Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
You want a toe? I can get you a toe...
FourWheelsofFURY is on a distinguished road
Army: CH-47D
Name: Charlie
FourWheelsofFURY's Tacoma Gallery
The building of FourWheelsofFURY

I've had this truck now for almost 4 years. I have been a quiet member since 2009. My truck isn't built up as awesomely as some of yours, but it still bleeds the same blood! I owe thanks to many of you for the original and continuing inspiration that has manifested itself in my ride. I present to you FourWheelsofFURY!! Enjoy.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
More pictures to come...
Okay, the first thing I got to do was get a tonneau cover. My wife actually suggested it. It was pretty cool to hear that from her. Anyway, I actually found it from a vendor on eBay. It was an Armor Lid. The draw back to the armor lid was that it hung over the bed by a few inches, but the black looked really good on the silver. Most of these were taken in July/August of 2007 during our PCS to Alaska. My wife was about 4-5 months pregnant so she got to drive the Taco and stuck me in the bouncy uHaul.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin ride! I like the color.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Here's a closer look at the trailer v1.1. It was a plain 6x12 that I enjoyed upgrading! First I took down the plywood and insulated the walls and ceiling. I added two standard outlets that had a master plug that could either be plugged into a wall, RV port, or eventually my generator. I put a master switch on the wall just inside the door so you could reach in and turn everything off before plugging or unplugging the master cord. I really wanted to put a retractable reel underneath the trailer so it would ratchet itself back in but nothing suitable could be found in the time I had to design it so I just made a box underneath to manually pull and stuff the cord back in.

I don't have any more of my original pictures of the inside. Fortunately the inside hasn't changed much so I can add some later. Here's what the inside looked like when it was ready for the trip from Alabama to Fairbanks!

If you thought wolf t-shirts were a turn on for women, go get yourself one of these! I actually bought it from the local market set up outside our base in Iraq. Those of you that have the Iraqi fake mink blankets know how comfortable they are. Mine just happens to look awesome too! I tried to make my interior trailer mods with dual purposes in mind. I used Gladiator mounting brackets for hooks and baskets so that they would be compatible with garage storage. The homemade plywood cabinet on the left (there's one on the right too) attaches to the wall by dropping 4 bolts through several small angle iron brackets and held in place with wingnuts for easy removal and mounting in the garage. I made sure to make them the right size to fit my jack stands. And yes, underneath that wolf blanket is my tempurpedic mattress. I originally designed this to hold a queen sized air bed but soon realized if it would hold a queen sized air bed why couldn't it hold the real thing! Out of 10 nights on the road, we stayed in 1 hotel. It was the worst night's sleep of the trip for both of us!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
I'm going to keep the focus on the trailer for now because it occupied so much of my time thus taking it away from the truck! I started this in the fall of 08 but most of it was done in the summer of 09 and 10. I'll let the pics do the talking this time you should get the idea.

After posting this I noticed you can see my TRD sticker in the garage window. I thought it was pretty cool to point out.

Aluminum would have been great to use but it was way too expensive. I did not do the welding. I had a friend do it. The steel was really heavy, and prone to rust, but it worked fine and eventually would save my trailer on the PCS back to the lower 48...stay tuned.