LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gregero's Build Thread: One Year, One Month, and Seven Days Later

Old 04-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #21
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
A couple weeks after getting the tires, I ran out to AllPro Offroad in Hemet to get some 1.25" hub-centric wheel spacers so I could mount my tires without rubbing against the spindle. Also bought some extended threaded lug nuts to better secure the spacer. Didn't want to wait for shipping; I was desperate to get my tires on.

My dad and girlfriend decided to lend a hand during the install.

Put some lock-tight in there to keep the ET nuts on there nice n tight.

So desperate that I forced my elderly father & my girlfriend to work tirelessly on it, wheres the hook you unappreciative little... Oh yeah I just gave to you, heheh you can paint it black or whatever if the blue don't work for ya ..... besides you're going to need it ...!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #23
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The blue works fine. Thanks a lot for it, man. I don't plan on it, but there's no doubt I'll need it in the future.

Skid plate coming tomorrow when I dig it up.

edit: tomorrow...? Today?

Looks good , its off a 4runner, & tomorrow is today
Old 06-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #24
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
We did Greg's AAL last week, its from ProComp & its for a pre-'95 Toyota SR5 , not for a 2nd gen. (thinking outside the box again) & gotta tell ya this is one stout little arced piece of steel, he got a full 2" lift in the rear & firmed things up nicely....

Old 06-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #25
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty amazed by that tiny piece of metal- they sure weren't light though. We came from 38.5" and ended up with 40.5" Still have yet to beat it down into place- hopefully this weekend providing we find a trail. The ride is definitely smoother with this AAL and the overload gone.

edit: still been trying to find those skid plate install pics- probably in one of Martha's many cards. Sucks because I wanna give everyone who helped work on my truck their due credit! Lembowski! Here's lookin at you!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
So you got AAL put in recently. I'm looking for a pair now, to level out the truck. Let me know how yours is working out for you.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #28
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to Matt (Lembowski) for helping me with the skidplate install at Fiesta island. What started out to be a meet turned into a mod day.

Removing the factory aluminum foil

Factory plate on the right. Replacing it with an AllPro skid. Heavy? Bulky? Yes. But fuckin durable.

Takin those sway bar brackets off. This plate requires the removal of the sway bar- reason why I got it so cheap.

Ryan weighs in on what we should do next

On it goes

It's huge. We need something to prop it up with while bolting it in.

A case of beer does the trick

Done. (Notice the new MT Baja ATZs )

Reaches pretty far back there.

And Matt (RecklessTaco) does some trimming
Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Damn truck looks real good... i'm lovin that skid plate
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #35
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, guys. I've been wanting to do a photoshop of Doug's head mixed with an emu/ostrich's body for his OMD shop sign.
No NO NO! we will come up with a sick ass design and i will have some decals made so we can pass them out! "OMD, Is the Place to be for Automotive Fabrications Outside the BOX" THat is his new slogan! hahahahahahahahahahah
Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #37
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A silhouette of him hunched over on a shitty stool smokin a cig- that'd be the logo

Yeah but more a silhouette of "the Thinker" hunched over a shitty stool...

You Tool..!!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #39
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a nice skid plate Greg! I haven't ever seen that before. What's next? And do you have pictures of your new springs installed?

As for Doug's logo....There's a couple pics here on TW of the old man that would be a good logo I think Steve (Bajamoon) has a collection going.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #40
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05offroad View Post
Thats a nice skid plate Greg! I haven't ever seen that before. What's next? And do you have pictures of your new springs installed?

As for Doug's logo....There's a couple pics here on TW of the old man that would be a good logo I think Steve (Bajamoon) has a collection going.

derp !!!