Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gregero's Build Thread: One Year, One Month, and Seven Days Later

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Gregero's Build Thread: One Year, One Month, and Seven Days Later

Bought the truck on February 11, 2010. It's my first truck. I've been meaning to make my build thread but have just been too lazy. Well my TV has been hijacked and I'm bored, so here it is. I'm gonna get it done in a series of posts; a single post with it all would just take forever and would be damn long.

EDIT 8-28-2011: A SWB Sport parked next to me at Fry's. Took a pic for a good comparison:

Here's the truck as I bought it before any of the carnage began. Photo was taken with an iPhone. If I can find any better ones on my desktop later, I'll change out the pics.

edit: Just noticed that I had already changed out the tail lights. I'll post those changes in bit. Bought it stock by the way. 2006 TRD Sport Prerunner.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
dammit ya noob! build threads ----->http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/
Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Heh. Hold on there, Doug-man. We're gonna do this chronologically- gonna try to at least

Sorry if I offended you for posting in the wrong spot, Greg The beanie is still keeping me warm in the mornings, but I want a beanie in blue with black TOYOTA font!

Once I can get my dekstop running again, I'll post them pics of the tail light switch-a-roo.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #6

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Fuckin power issues have kept me from my desktop, but extension cord worked out.

I had just gotten my Tacoma and five days later a goofball taps my driver-side tail light. It was brand new and there was no way I was gonna enjoy my new truck with a crack in my tail light so I bought LEDs.

Original tail lights:

New tail lights:

I think they look awesome and couldn't be happier. This was my first time changing something out on my truck so I was scared, but god damn- I had to pull hard to get those tail lights off. Very simple process after done once like most things on these trucks.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #8

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
I got to feeling there was too much noise on the tail gate so off came the badges! I'll get some better picks at work tomorrow and upload them (I'll try and make it fancy since it'll be the same parking lot.)

The process was simple. I used a heatgun and set it to 1050 (my guns max) and went over the badges slowly, working on bit by bit. After I would get a portion of the badge hot, I would run some fishing line behind it in a sawing motion. I heard GooGone is a good product to use though I used some spray car cleaning thing, a useless credit card, and a cloth to get the adhesive off. It takes some time.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya Greg it's about time. Where's the rest of this build?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha right on man. Looking forward to the rest of it
Old 03-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #14

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
....The one pic of my CB install??? I could have sworn I was snapping away during this install... I'll run out and get some pics with my phone cam when it lights up outside.

Anywho! Got me a Uniden PC68LTW and had a friend- who was in the know how- help me out with the install. He did it very professionally and my set up works and looks more than great.

Booya! on to the good stuff- suspension next.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #17

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
No pics of the 5100s during install but took these pictures bout a month ago. Did the rear shocks first and the front about a week or two later. The fronts are set to 0", letting the OME coils do the lifting. We were in a rush, starting my truck at 9p.m., so we didn't measure the height before-hand, but it looks damn well near 3". Props to Reckless and 4WD for help with the install.

Rear:

Front:

took that sway bar off too
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #19

Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
A couple weeks after getting the tires, I ran out to AllPro Offroad in Hemet to get some 1.25" hub-centric wheel spacers so I could mount my tires without rubbing against the spindle. Also bought some extended threaded lug nuts to better secure the spacer. Didn't want to wait for shipping; I was desperate to get my tires on.

My dad and girlfriend decided to lend a hand during the install.

Put some lock-tight in there to keep the ET nuts on there nice n tight.