1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05ROCKSLINGER's Build/Photo Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by ROCKSLINGER, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Apr 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

ROCKSLINGER [OP] Zombie Response Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
    Got stuck the other night. Just wasnt my night. Didnt seem like any of my stuff wanted to work correctly. Hi lift was not jacking down. Winch was underwater so couldnt see which way to put the switch in and didnt think about it till the end. So I didnt think it was working.

Measured to the top of my light hoop bar almost 45 inches!!:eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whole tire is underwater.

[​IMG]

HID's are pretty much water proof. Headlight not so much driver sides got a little moisture in there not sure where it came in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note to self dont open door without looking first! EPIC FAIL!!!

[​IMG]

Ordered a new Hi lift,Neoprene Cover, Snatch Block, and Pa Speaker.

2. Nov 16, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    how'd your truck fair after this event? daaaamn!

question on your 305's...how's it stuff in the rear with the stock fenders....looks like you would have stuffed them up there quite a few times in your adventures...any issues there?

with the glass up front, sure you don't have to worry there...

you rub on anything else up front though? saw you have your cab mount chopped and pinch weld looks beat in..anything else done to help clear in there?

bad ass truck btw! you definitely been busy

3. Nov 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    He rubs the rear flares a little. Towards the front.

4. Nov 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,

Yeah after I let it dry out for a few days its good to go. Had to replace my fog light HID's and thats about it suprisingly. Besides all my fluids I changed just in case.

Yeah Max is right I rub on the rear a little bit.

I have rubbed on my fender well up top. Caught some air and heard it rub. Nothing to bad.

5. Jan 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Traction120

Traction120 "Not all those who wander are lost"

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB BLK
    SEE BUILD.
    Inspiring build man!

6. Jan 27, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Thanks I appreciate it.

7. May 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    Jg188

Jg188 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Spokane wa
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Stock
    Hey wicked build man but was wondering if you could divuldge the details of your anytime fog light mod. I have researched and looked everywhere and yours is the first ive found that is how i want my fogs to work.

8. May 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    I was trying to look back and remember exactly how I did it. If i remember correctly I just bent the two tabs in the picture and soldered a wire to connect them both.

This way they only come on when the headlight switch is in parking lights mode or all the way on. Instead of coming on when the key is switched to the on position.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top