Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

05ROCKSLINGER's Build/Photo Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
05ROCKSLINGER's Build/Photo Thread

Note to self don't move your pictures around on photobucket. Grrr gonna take a while to get them back in here.

Current mods:
Suspension:
Revtec 3" Lift
Skyjacker rear 3" leaf springs
Bilstiens 5100
Down South Motorsports UCA's
Chopped Cab Mount

Under the hood:
Throttle body spacer
K&N Intake
K&N Filter wrap
Flowmaster Exhaust
Doug Thorley Headers
Dual Optima battery conversion
Flex-lite Electric fan
Hypertech Speedometer Recalibrator
Quick Lift Hood Struts

Interior:
CST Black Leather w/red stitch
Heated Seats
Painted black center console
Weathertech Floor Mats
Dual guage pilar pod
Tacoma Door Sill Protectors

Lighting:
4-7" HID Lights Summit Ridge(orielly)
ddmtuning 55watt HID headlights and fog lights

Wheels and Tires:
Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Black Wheels 17x9
305/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Mtr's
On Board Air:
Viair Constant Duty On Board Air
The Source 10lb CO2 Tank

Exterior Accesories:
Tactical Armor Bumper With custom prerunner light bar
XRC-8 Winch Front
Relentless Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper
Relentless Fab Sliders
Painted Red Calipers
Slotted and Drilled Rotors
All Pro Front Fenders
Billet Grill
5% tint on rear 35% on front
Sport Scoop Hood

Electronics:
Rockford Fosgate P3 slim
1800 watt Kenwood Amp
1 farad Rockford Fosgate capacitor
Garmin GPS 1490
Whistler 695se Radar Detector
Ultra Guage
Digital volt meter

Mods coming soon!
Relentless Fab Front Bumper W/custom pre-runner light bar
Relentless Fab Skids
BenWA's Power Rear Slider

As it sits now.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I bought my truck in January of 2009. 2005 TRD 6 speed double cab short bed. Paid $19,000. Came lifted w/intake and exhaust. Made the dealership tint the windows.
I always liked the look of the 2nd gen tacomas but just couldn't find myself to pay so much. Once I saw it was a six speed I couldnt walk away from this one 4 door, lifted, intake, exhaust and six speed!
Looked like this!

Got stuck playing in the mud one night! That was one long night. Had to call my boss at 2 a.m. to get a ride home to get my girlfriends Montero Sport.

The after pics!

After getting pulled over a few times for speeding had to buy a Hypertech Speedometer Recalibrator. Now speedo is correct half the time. Still not sure why it says I'm moving sometimes(mostly after breaking the tires loose) Luckily I got a gps that tells me how fast im going. Its very annoying not sure how fast Im actually going sometimes. Dont always use my gps.
Not having enough money for a front plate bumper I did some research and found the n-fab light bar and topped it with 4 hella 7 inch lights. Shortly after replaced the bulbs with super white 100 watt bulbs.

Did some testing and did my own version of the foglight anytime mod. So my fogs would come on when my running lights were on with the key on, Also with the brights.

Then came some HID lights for my headlights. Bought some cheap ones off ebay. They were only low beams. Didnt like them and found a better deal after doing more research from ddmtuning.com so got the high/low beams and fogs.

Tinted my tail lights.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Zombie Response Team

Got a Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer
Still need to take a pic of that.

Bought BFG Mud Terrain KM2's 285/70/17 from discount tire. Paid a little over $1200 out the door with warranties.

Added smittybilt black steps

Got a good deal on some Glassworks fenders and caps.

Added rubber undercoat to the inside

Painted Silver

Added some Bilstein 5100 from downsouthmotorsports.com painted my stock coils red.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Zombie Response Team

Got stuck in the snow.

Posing on the snow pile.

More playing in the snow.

Added a system to my truck
Rockford Fosgate p3 slim
Rockford Fosgate 2 farad digital capacitor
Kenwood 1800 watt amplifier
2 guage wiring
Went and played in the mud!

Little video playing in mud.
http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=truck009.mp4
More MUD!

Pulling out my buddys F-150 in the mud

And in the snow

Kept hearing my fan hit the shroud. Though it was just a bad motor mount ordered a new one from the dealer. Did some research online and found my frame broken. Had to weld it back together! Better then new now!

Motor mount EPIC FAIL!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Zombie Response Team

Out offroading busted my tail light

Got some new LED tinted tail lights

Got my guages and radio done by prsguages.net white with red

Bought new Ballistic Jester 17x9 with -12 offset.
Seen these on someone elses Tacoma and liked them alot!
At the Shop

Day after.

Added Kobalt slim tool box.

Another stuck in the snow.

Added a K&N Filter Wrap

Cool pick of the truck I took late at night.

Headlights got a little fogged. Cleaned them look much better.

Ended up just buying new headlights anyway from certifit. When I bought the truck it didnt have the spring to hold the bulb in correctly had got one from another car at the junkyard just wasnt right.
Painted calipers Red.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Zombie Response Team

Finally saved up enough money for a Tactical Armor Bumper and mounted xrc-8 winch. Had them make a custom light bar to hold the 4 hellas.
Before I mounted my winch all up took it apart and cleaned out all the nasty grease it comes with and put in full synthetic.

New bumper installed.

Some pics at pismo beach.

Bought a dirt bike barely fits in the bed!

Out shooting in the rain and snow.

Playing in the snow!

More playing in the hills

HID Offroad lights.
Was wanting to upgrade my hellas and got a great deal on the 7" HID offroad lights they sell at orielly. Gotta say they are nice definite upgrade from the old hellas but still seems like my headlights are brighter since they are 55watt and these only being 35 watt.

My little helper. Damn dog has to be doing everything I do. She is cute though.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Zombie Response Team

My rear bumper and bedside got damaged.
Turns out my truck had been damaged before I bought it and I had no idea. My insurance adjuster was amazed how much bondo was on there.

Mounted my hi-lift.

Full Size Spare
Got a full size spare then did the full size mod and mounted it under the bed.

Cup holders for the bed.

Electric Fan Conversion
Bought a flex-a-lite electric fan conversion.

Dual battery setup.
Got a painless wiring dual battery setup. Added a yellowtop then for some reason my redtop died. Had to buy another yellowtop. Had to move my fuse box back a few inches.
Battery trays

Had to make some battery hold downs.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Zombie Response Team

Classic Soft Trim Leather.
Got in on a group buy for some CST black leather with red stitch. Heaters for the two fronts. Painted the bottom of my seats and center console with duplicolor black vinyl and fabric.
Painting bottoms of seats

My little helper not being much help

Leather spread out in front of fire place.

Heaters for front seats

Center console painted.

Heated seat switch.

New Relentless Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper!

Mounted my trailer plug tucked under my bumper. And hooked up my reverse light.

New Relentless Fab Sliders

New Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Black 17x9 Wheels

New Hood Struts

Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
HomeRunner is on a distinguished road

HomeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet rig and great pics of the mods!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Zombie Response Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunner View Post
Sweet rig and great pics of the mods!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerstrom28 View Post
sweet truck man! how much those rims cost you??
I think they cost me close $700
Old 04-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build I like the rims and the fenders!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
king22spade is on a distinguished road
Army: king22spade@yahoo.com
Name: king22spade@yahoo.com
king22spade's Tacoma Gallery
how much did the seats cost i would love to do that and tou should do the arm restt mod to would look great i think
Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #14
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
whoa very nice!! this is one dirty thread!

What did you clean your headlights with?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
Zombie Response Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by king22spade View Post
how much did the seats cost i would love to do that and tou should do the arm restt mod to would look great i think
The group buy is still going on! You can still get in on it.

I think I spent a total of $950 since I installed them myself. I have the leather for the armrest just havent done them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
whoa very nice!! this is one dirty thread!

What did you clean your headlights with?
I believe Meguiars headlight restoration.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
nice truck man but i think u need to stay away from the snow since u get stuck in it alot
Old 04-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #18
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
I really like all the mods especially the front bumper and the leather seats. I am working on saving up for a set now. It looks like you have a lot of fun with the truck . keep posting pictures.....Looks good.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
CTID
bitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: STG2 - USS Lake Erie CG70
Name: Kelly
bitejr138's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
nice truck man but i think u need to stay away from the snow since u get stuck in it alot
As long as you can get out, don't worry about getting stuck! Hell, I'm always TRYING to get her stuck just as long as I've got a way to get her out if I do. It's more fun that way!

Nice build...love the pics of your puppy! If she rides around with you a lot you should look into one of these:
http://www.kurgo.com/products/wh.html
I love mine and it keeps the seats halfway protected!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #20
Zombie Response Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
Yeah I know. But thats half the fun. Im getting chains soon and new MTR's so Im sure Ill be getting stuck big time.