Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

New2010taco's Slow build....

Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
New2010taco's Slow build....

Well I bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD offroad about 10 months ago for my wife. We had a plan for me to take the truck once I got rid of mine and got her a new vehical. I had a 2006 chevy 2500 crewcab 4x4 that I bought new and loved the truck except for the fuel milage (10.8 in town and 14.6 on the highway). I got rid of the chevy in January and bought my wife a 2011 4runner and took the Tacoma for my truck. I have been slowly planning on what I want to do with the truck by lurking around here and looking at all the great looking trucks and getting ideas. So on to the progress/build so far. The first thing I done was put 20% tint on the front windows. Then I done the reverse camera anytime mod. The next thing I done was the fog light anytime mod. I then decided that the Chrome grille had to go....so I bought a base model grille and made a sotashi grille for the taco. This thing looks 100% better that the chrome grille IMPO. Yesterday I ran across a set of Moto-Metal wheels with 285/70/17 BFG AT TA KO's that look practically brand new for a great deal. I am having a leveling kit installed tomorrow and will post pictures once I get the wheels on. Well here is a few pics so far. Not a lot of pictures and nothing great yet but I will get some better ones once I get the wheels and tires on.

Here is a couple of pictures of the grille
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2512.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2513.jpg

Here is a few pictures of the wheels and tires. I cant wait to get them on the truck.
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2514.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2515.jpg

I will post some more pictures tomorrow once I get them on the truck.

Mod's and Improvements
20% tint......Done
JLAudio amp and 12" JL sub.....Done
Color matched Satoshi Grille.....Done
Anytime Fog light mod.....Done
Anytime rearview camera.....Done
Leveling kit.....Done
Rear spring TSB.....Done
Moto Metal MO957 Black.....Done
285/70/17 BFG AT KO.....Done
DTRL Stealth mod.....Done
Anytime locker mod.....Done
Constant power mod.....Done
Hard wired Radar detector.....Done
Debadged.....Done
Devil horn emblem......Done and Thanks Andres
BHLM.....Done
Blacked out tails......still not 100% sure on this one
Wet okle seat covers
Access Limited tonneau cover......Done
replace chrome bumper with Painted bumper
Double din 7" touch screen W/DVD,Bluetooth,and Ipod hook up.....Done

Pointers...suggestions...Ideas are welcomed.

Updated Pic.....

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2548.jpg
Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
good start those wheels will look sweet
Old 03-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Night Fury is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Night Fury's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin sweet man. i would suggest some JLM HIDs 8000k for both headlights and fogs. look sick
Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
Lookin sweet man. i would suggest some JLM HIDs 8000k for both headlights and fogs. look sick
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
good start those wheels will look sweet

Thanks for the compliments.......

I am pretty excited today. I got the leveling kit installed and the wheels and tires on. I will post up some pics in a few.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #5

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Well.......I got the leveling kit on it today. Once I picked it up I came home and installed the Craigslist find wheels and tires on. I think it is starting to turn out the way I was hoping. I still have a bunch of things that I want to do to it but I got to save up more money.

Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think and I am always open to suggestions, ideas. Let me know what you think.

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2519.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2520.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2521.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2524.jpg
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #6

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a few more. The wheels and tires stick out a little but not bad.

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2525.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2527.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2529.jpg

Here is one of the wifes new Toy.......we love it.
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2526.jpg
Old 04-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #7

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Rear TSB done........

Well.....I got the rear TSB done today at the dealership. They done a great job and aligned the truck better than the shop that I had install the leveling kit. I have attached a before and after pic measuring at the rear bumper.

Before measurement
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2523.jpg

After measurement
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2530.jpg
Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #8

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
before and after rear TSB pics....

Here are a couple of pictures of the Taco before and after the rear TSB.

Before rear TSB
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2521.jpg

After rear TSB
New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2532.jpg
Old 04-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #9

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got bored and my son and I went out and debadged the truck. I am debating blacking them out now and putting them back on. Tell me what ya think. I am kind of linking the no badge look

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2542.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2541.jpg
Old 04-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Said it before, truck looks good! Nice choice in wheels btw
Old 04-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #11

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha....Thanks. I just realized after checking out your thread that we have the same wheels. We have good taste

BTW Your truck looks good also.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #12
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good man, loving the black and gray. Where in FL are you!?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #14

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Looks really good man, loving the black and gray. Where in FL are you!?

Thanks man.....I am a little West of St Augustine.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #15

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Well.......I decided to get rid of the light grey pinstripe and the rear TRD Logo. Here is how the truck is currently looking. I am happy with it so far. I played around with the second picture. Just something for a different look.

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2548.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2549.jpg
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
ride BMX!

Looks better IMO, as you can tell with mine I took all logos and decals off mine aswell.

Your trucks looking like a grey version of mine, haha.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #17
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2010taco View Post
Thanks man.....I am a little West of St Augustine.

Cool man, I'm in Tampa area.

Truck looks good without pinstripe!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #18

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Looks better IMO, as you can tell with mine I took all logos and decals off mine aswell.

Your trucks looking like a grey version of mine, haha.
Yea.....I was starting to notice that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Cool man, I'm in Tampa area.

Truck looks good without pinstripe!
Thanks, I am starting to think that myself too.

I stopped by the upholstry shop today to see about buying some leather for the armrest and a guy walked up to me and said that I had a good looking truck. Then asked what kind it was.....hahaha. No stickers, emblems or anything on it. The sad part is it was one of the guys that worked there. Now my wife said I have a generic truck .
Old 04-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #19

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to do some of the cheap free mods today.

The first one was the anytime locker mod. I tested it out about fifteen times and it worked great with no issues. Here is the link to the one I used.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=226409

The second one was the constant cigarette power mod. It was pretty simple to do and is working great

http://www.rdtk.net/files/2005constantpower.doc

The third one was the DTRL stealth mod

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...alth-mode.html

Thanks to everyone who has posted the How to's for everyone to copy . It sure makes working on, modifying, and tinkering with our trucks a lot easier and more enjoyable.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #20

TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of update pictures of the tacoma.....

last weekend I plasti-dipped the switch panels and the center section of the shifter.

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2555.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2556.jpg

This weekend I washed, clay barred, and waxed the tacoma.

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2557.jpg

New2010taco's Slow build....-100_2558.jpg