LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

0uTkAsT's 4-Banger Base "Build"

Old 09-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #241
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
how did you remove the clips for the fender liner without breaking them. i wanna remove the intake piece in there but idk how to do it.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #242
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Beautiful! Painting the area behind the bumpers made a HUGE difference!
I agree. I'm glad I didn't put it off any longer. It didn't "bother" me before but it looks much more "finished" now that it's painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
how did you remove the clips for the fender liner without breaking them. i wanna remove the intake piece in there but idk how to do it.
I removed the intake and all the square clips from the fenderwell from inside the hood, then I just pulled the liner down to reach up in the fender well. Once the giant plastic piece of shit was loose, I cut/broke the cone-shaped thing off while still in the fender well so that I could remove it in pieces. This prevented having to pull the whole inner fender well liner out. When it was all done all the clips went right back in.

I'm thinking about getting this to mount under the seat:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...PT.html?tp=114
I have a Pioneer 8" in a truck box along with a little Audiobahn amp, but they take up too much space. I'm not happy with the sound as it is now, so this might be the trick. What do you guys think?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #243
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 09-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #244
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol sorry, it's hard to explain and I didn't think to take any pics when I was doing it... If you lived a few thousand miles closer we could have it off this afternoon, lol.

Pop the hood and remove the airbox entirely.

You'll see square clips that you pinch on two sides to remove that hold the liner to the fenderwell.

This allows you to peel down the liner while you reach up in the fender to loosen the bolts that hold the baffle/silencer.

Once those are out, you can begin to pull the silencer out of the fenderwell, but I broke mine up into smaller pieces for easier removal.

You were asking about removing this crap, right? (bottom right corner of picture):

Old 09-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #245

like this? took me a minute to understand what you were talking about, but once the light came on i grabbed my tools and got to work. only took like 6 minutes to remove. haha
Attached Thumbnails
0uTkAsT's 4-Banger Base "Build"-img_1260.jpg   0uTkAsT's 4-Banger Base "Build"-img_1262.jpg   0uTkAsT's 4-Banger Base "Build"-img_1263.jpg  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
then this big turd comes rolling out, my face was like
same here. hahaha. and the quote of the year award goes to...
Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #251
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Was going to ask where that was till I saw the tortilla flats sign. Is it 2wd friendly out there?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #252
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Tortilla Flat is just a little "town" along a windy road on the way towards Canyon Lake. There's a ton of cool places to stop along the way but there isn't much for off-roading. If you go past Canyon Lake the pavement stops and turns to hard-packed dirt road with a washboard surface. The paved road is cool, I used to road race on it late at night back in the day. There are also several single-lane bridges that make for great photo-ops if you're there when there's no traffic. It's fun for a drive and Sam and I like to go up there to stop at the Mammoth Steakhouse/saloon that SGT_Taco introduced us to (great burgers & quesadillas) and the ice cream parlor in Tortilla Flat.

If you're going up for a relaxing scenic drive, I wouldn't recommend going on the weekends if possible. There's a lot of traffic and a very good majority of that is huge trucks towing huge boats that have no business being on that little road. It gets dangerous. In fact, we saw a Titan towing a ~25 ft boat side swipe two other trucks (a Ram 1500 and an F-150 towing a boat) back-to-back coming back from Apache Lake and then took off. He was probably drunk.

If you want to stop anywhere at any of the lakes to swim or whatever, you also have to pay. I don't know how much it is per vehicle but I do know there are rangers that patrol frequently and they have no issues with fines and towing shit that's parked without a permit.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #254
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Gonna try out my new system soon:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...PT.html?tp=114

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777P65C...65C.html?tp=12

Still saving for tires, gears, lockers, Avid skids, Weathertech mats, and a full clutch rebuild and short throw. Getting close, but lots to do.
I'd love to hear that compact sub in person... If I ever get a sub, that would be it, since there is limited room in these trucks. Even though I have AC, I can't put a sub box in the back, since I need to be able to have a car seat there for my son.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #255
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
I'd love to hear that compact sub in person... If I ever get a sub, that would be it, since there is limited room in these trucks. Even though I have AC, I can't put a sub box in the back, since I need to be able to have a car seat there for my son.
Yeah, I'd like to hear it before I buy it but I haven't seen anyone who has one. Once I get it and have it all hooked up I'd definitely bring the truck by sometime so you can hear it.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #257
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Stealing that sub idea hopefully it'll fit under my bench seat
Old 09-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #258

nice idea let me know how it works out when you get the set up. Sound Ordnance is a good product.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #259
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
Stealing that sub idea hopefully it'll fit under my bench seat
That's my hope also, I have the bench too. If you get it before I do, let me know how it is

Quote:
nice idea let me know how it works out when you get the set up. Sound Ordnance is a good product.
Of course! Will do!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #260
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Went out to Butcher Jones with Scott (SGT_Taco) again today and had a blast. There were a few casualties... He almost ripped his bumper off but ultimately just tweaked the shit out of it and pushed it up into his tail light. I buried the back end of my truck and had to have help getting out in almost the exact same place, but Avid's armor is amazing and pretty much took the whole truck's weight without being damaged the slightest bit... My spray paint didn't hold up so well. Scott also lost a Hankook, and the flat is currently in the bed of my truck waiting to go back to Discount. He also bent up one of his sliders on a rocky hill, and we tweaked the other with my Hi-Lift while changing his tire. Additionally, we think he cracked a leaf spring at some point.

Lesson learned today: I need lockers and 4.56s. We both need beefier rear suspensions. Scott needs a new bumper.

The end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1AQCZY0uwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8rjiYQX-Tc

Products Discussed in this Thread