Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

0uTkAsT's 4-Banger Base "Build"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #25
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

very nice. the grill looks great. its very hard to tell that it was painted. keep it up man.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #26
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought my black headlights (I know, I could've made them with the BHLM but I work for eBay and I had a ton of gift cards piled up so they only ended up costing me $30 + shipping) and the rest of the stuff for my breather mod so my next "project day" is going to consist of the breather mod, installing the Supertop and headlights, smoking the tail lights, and Plasti-dipping the emblems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
very nice. the grill looks great. its very hard to tell that it was painted. keep it up man.
Thank you!! I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Now thats not that bad...lol
I know, I'm not a fan of campers either but with a single cab it's kinda necessary for the kinda stuff I use the truck for. The Supertop is nice because it isn't ugly and in the way when you don't need to use it, and its a lot lighter than a 'glass shell, too. The black goes nicely with my color scheme too.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #27
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post

I know, I'm not a fan of campers either but with a single cab it's kinda necessary for the kinda stuff I use the truck for. The Supertop is nice because it isn't ugly and in the way when you don't need to use it, and its a lot lighter than a 'glass shell, too. The black goes nicely with my color scheme too.
I hear ya. I wish I had bought an access cab. Have you ever tried to take a nap in the regular cab? I use my truck for work so i broke down and bought a tool box off craigslist. Beats having all my tools behind the bench... Any toppers are not an option, because I haul a lot in the bed. Ya my bed looks like real truck bed...lol
Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #28
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hear ya. I wish I had bought an access cab. Have you ever tried to take a nap in the regular cab? I use my truck for work so i broke down and bought a tool box off craigslist. Beats having all my tools behind the bench... Any toppers are not an option, because I haul a lot in the bed. Ya my bed looks like real truck bed...lol
Haha yeah I've taken a nap on the bench seat, waiting for a class to start at ASU. I don't use the truck for work but it definitely sees its fair share of hauling. We have two dogs that go pretty much everywhere with us so its nice to have them slightly more secure in the back with a camper (same reason I carpeted the bed, gives them something to lay on and hang on to). It's also nice not to have to pack a tent every time I go camping (which is like 2-3 times a month) and move things into the cab if stopping at multiple stores and such (mild theft deterrent).
Old 04-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #29
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Did my breather mod and smoked the tail lights and 3rd brake light today. Tail lights didn't turn out quite the way I wanted them to but whatever, I can pull them back off and finish them better any time.

Sorry for the craptastic cell phone pics.

Start...

After wet sanding with 1500 grit...

First coat, kinda wished I would've stopped here...

Final sanding for the tail lights before polishing...

And installed back on the truck...

Breather union installed with 1/4" fuel line, Teflon tape, and a hose clamp...

I went with the storage box exit route vs. exiting by the gas cap...

Old 04-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #32
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great bud!...you should LT it down the road!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-n4f...layer_embedded
Old 04-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #33
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking about doing that... You just use a heat gun to remove them, right?
Meh here in AZ... Wait for nice day in July when the temps reach 120F... Use fishing wire to remove the badges then WD40 to remove goo residue. Did it on my truck and looks awesome!

Check out my build... I am local as well!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #35
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Scott... FACEPALM... He has 6lug
Haha I was gonna say...

Quote:
Looks great bud!...you should LT it down the road!
LT trucks are awesome, and I'd love to build one some day, but this is just a daily driven truck that I do mild weekend wheeling in, nothing crazy.

Quote:
Meh here in AZ... Wait for nice day in July when the temps reach 120F... Use fishing wire to remove the badges then WD40 to remove goo residue. Did it on my truck and looks awesome!

Check out my build... I am local as well!
Right on, I'll check it out! And I have a heat gun so that's not an issue... The less gooey cleanup the better.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #36
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Woooo! Got my Supertop and headlights at 5:30 this afternoon. They were both installed by 7

Yes the truck is filthy, don't hate.

Next step: Avid bumpers and sliders!! and I'm shopping for recovery gear, but that's not that exciting.

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to debadge it or plasti-dip the emblems or just leave it how it is... I'm leaning towards plasti-dip, but I'm still up in the air.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #37
Nom Nom Nom

Looks good! The tent-topper looks way better then the other camper shells.

The avid front bumper is the best looking out there, I have seen it in person...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
you and i are gonna have similar looking trucks pretty soon, except mine is red. but i too just got a bestop (although yours looks like it fits better in the rear), ordered black headlights, i have black wheels, blacked out tails.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #39
Gun Toting Gearhead

0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks good! The tent-topper looks way better then the other camper shells.

The avid front bumper is the best looking out there, I have seen it in person...
Not to mention Brandon from Avid is one of the best people in the industry. Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
you and i are gonna have similar looking trucks pretty soon, except mine is red. but i too just got a bestop (although yours looks like it fits better in the rear), ordered black headlights, i have black wheels, blacked out tails.
Haha sweet. Do you have a thread for your truck yet?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #40
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Bestop=awesome. I can't wait to get one. Where did you order yours from?

Did you figure anything out with the taillights? You should VHT Niteshade next time. That seems to work well.

As for the badges, I just used a hair dryer and fishing line. It's hot enough here that you don't need as much heat as a heat gun puts out. My bedside decals came right off last fall, without any extra heat. Heh.

Products Discussed in this Thread