1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

jackwithcorona's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by jackwithcorona, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Apr 4, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
    Ok so first off, most of my ideas/mods are obviously inspiration from TW, so THANK YOU to all who contribute to this AWESOME site... and on to the good stuff...

Day 1:
    New to me, she had 17988 miles on her odo, as a stock SR5, with an aftermarket trailer hitch (not sure which brand). Bought her in lovely NH for 20k... sorry no pics that day it was pouring rain, but y'all can imagine a silver access cab SR5 thats stock.

Day 5:
    First mod: the rear end the car in front of you mod...

[​IMG]

Yeah I was pissed... but life goes on, and it got fixed. However, words with my body shop guy got me a color matched grille as a replacement! Sweet!

Next Step:
    Being pissed and impulsive, I purchased a hunter bull bar with thoughts that it would protect my front end from collisions (I have come a long way since then, but it still looks good)
    So here's a shot with the color matched grille surround and the new installed bull bar

[​IMG]

at the same time, I ordered and installed hunter side steps (good to go IMO, and cant beat the $115 price tag for both)

[​IMG]

Right about this time, I got around to painting my emblems black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next step was my access literider tonneau, for a cool $280 thanks to the "list" and weathertech mats front and rear (thank you TW group buy!)
    (no pics of the mats, oh well)

[​IMG]

Next step:

Rear TSB done, sorry no before pics, but here are the springs:

[​IMG]

nothing happened for quite a while but towards the end of summer i painted my stock steelies black, and dented my bullbar offroading, so that came off...

[​IMG]

at some point in the winter amidst my hiatus from TW for one reason or another, I got billy 5100's all around set at 1.75", again no before/after, but you can judge off the other pics and see how it leveled off nicely.

Spring is here! lets mess with our truck! I decided I could stand the chrome headlights no longer, and pulled the trigger on the BHLM... sort of. I bought BHLM lights off ebay from rokucreations (DONT BUY) and they fogged AFTER I added addition silicone to them, and I was forced to put these new lights into the oven, and split them open, and reseal them from the beginning. So far, no more fog :) *knock on wood*

Before:
    [​IMG]

After (bull bar is back as well):
    [​IMG]

Next step:
    Firestone destination A/T 265/70/16 tires, Bestop Supertop, and a post-winter coat of rattle can on my wheels, minus the center caps:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few other Mods not picture worthy:
    GROM audio iPod/MP3 aux cord
    constant power to cig lighter mod
    no beep on door open key in ignition mod
    no sealtbelt chime mod (even though I wear mine)
    Rubber bed mat courtesy of "the list"
    tailgate hoseclamp mod
    dynolock tailgate lock
    (without my permission) gas pedal recall
    secondary air filter removal

Soon to come:
    Black rear bumper, either stock or armor
    sleeping platform
    (maybe) dual battery
    750w inverter (overkill for my purpose, but you cant beat free)
    bedlights
    roof rack

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    The truck looking nice. Its funny how many great ideas we come up with after seeing all the great looking trucks on TW. ;)

3. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    mcleod90

mcleod90 150,000 miles and counting

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    modesto ca
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab
    how you liking that best top?

4. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
    Thanks, and yeah my wife hates it too... fml lol

So far so good, it's only been about a week, so I haven't really put it through its paces... But in that week I did faster than usual (90 or so) on the highway and she was solid as a rock, and not loud at all even with the rear slider open it was manageable (i didn't do 90 with the rear slider open though), and I also had about 4-5 inches of that really heavy wet snow that didn't leak in or cause it to sag. To top it all off, today we had some pretty heavy downpours, and it didn't really leak at all, and the tiny bit that i did get was in the center of the tailgate so im not sure if that was from me opening the tailgate to check. I have a bed mat so the water stays under that for the most part anyway. It seems really well built, and it definitely makes the truck look badass IMO. I have yet to put it down in the collapsed position, or take it off, which actually seems like it would be really simple as the thing is held on by 4 good clamps

5. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    mcleod90

mcleod90 150,000 miles and counting

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    modesto ca
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab
    ya its definitely on my todo list

6. Apr 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    08FireRescueTaco

08FireRescueTaco 08Blue_Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Roanoke
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Manual 6spd
    2008 off road 6spd manual Procomp stg 1 6in lift Allpro hd expo leaf pack 16in fuel boost wheels 315/75r16 motto trail grapples Flomaster duel 40s exhaust Doug Thorley LTH Volant CAI Relentlessfab front bumper Fox 2.0 coilovers Prinsu designs roof rack Sport hood Urd short shifter Nfab side steps Bushwacker flares
    Good lookin truck! Sorry to hear about your finder bender, I have a full brush guard on my truck and i hit a deer last November. the guard basically saved my front end still needed a new bumper but it could of been worse!

Products Discussed in

To Top