LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Luk8272's build

Old 09-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Luk8272's build (New pics)

This is my 2007 which I bought in 07 with 18 miles on it.
How she left the lot.

First things I added were the window vents, and bug guard, 5% tint, and stainless grille.

Then I installed a Toytec 3" Lift. With some Procomp 6001 17x9 rims wrapped in BFG A/T 285/70/R17

Then due to this site I removed all of my badges.

Not to mention about a week after I got the truck I tinted the windows 5%, removed the secondary air filter and with the GB I installed an AFE Pro Dry filter.
I have also removed my front mud flaps and cut and zip tied my inner fenders to keep them from rubbing.

Wanted to see what would rub, stacked 23" of logs. Did fine.

While the front was up I checked the clearance in the rear, its good.

Did the Fog light anytime mod. Thanks Pierced Tiger.

Extended diff breather, ran it up by the filler neck then to the top of the bed.

Hid Head and fog 6000k

Bypass the ABS system, again thanks Piercedtiger

Scanguage II from GB

Devil horns Courtsey of customworks83. Thanks Andres.

As of today I have the TC UCA's installed. 5-11-09

The zerks went in but they didn't wanna go.
Well I cut this lawn mower Blade.

To make these.

Took my highlift jack and did this. Was a 60"

Then used these to secure the brackets to the rails with some rubber pieces I had laying around

I mounted it like this.

cut about 1.5" off to make it fit, should have cut 2", I'll get it later.
Then I Drilled a hole under my center console(Removed console to do this.) and ran my coax for my CB.

Stuffed some foam in the hole to help seal it up, then put a grommet and clear silicone to seal up the hole.

Went under the console then passed it between the carpet and bottom of console to here, leaving some slack inside the console.

Followed the frame then went up between the bed and cab to tie into the mount.

My mount is a 3way mirror mount, with bracket made from iron laying around. I have a stud mount with quick disconnect. 3' firefly antenna and 18' coax. Recommended by firestik over their 9' coax. CB is in the mail as we speak.
Cut some more old lawn mower blades to mount my tool box.

Wet Okole seat covers came in today. While my daughter was taking a nap I installed them. (< 30 min. Required.)

No Piping, "Tacoma" stitched in. Black with Charcoal center. Fronts only.

Heres how I represent TW

Got board and did this

Needed a way to carry stuff in the bed for vacations. Came up with this, Thanks Matt.

Ordered and recieved (luckily) Revenge Fab sliders about a year ago. painted and kept in shed until today! 4-27-10

Purchased some TRD offroad rims from Red, placed them in my shed and left them there for a later date.
That date was today! 2/28/2012, recieved some 265/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs from Yamaha Dave

Ended up with this, its such a change I'm on the fence but it'll grow on me.
Smaller rims and tires, but I have to admit this Duratracs look very impressive

I'm happy though because the TRD rims and Duratrac's weigh 65 lbs. as opposed to my Chrome rims and BFG's weighing in at 83.4 lbs per. With this down sizing and weight reduction I'll essentially regain some gearing and mpg, I'll keep the chrome wheels for wheeling. Gotta admit the 33's give it a stance.

And now without the shell

Hope you enjoyed mine as much as I have enjoyed ya'lls.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride man!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Short and sweet. Great looking truck.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good looking,clean tacoma man!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
At photobucket you can actually change the size when you download it to your folder should be right there in the box it should say the size of what your downloading i keep it at 600x450
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Thanks guys. How do I get my pictures as large as yalls? my pics are hosted in photobucket.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice work, very clean look.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Clean looking rig, nice job.

Mike
Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:59 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Great looking truck. I can't wait to what comes next.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #15
SgtDrillbit is on a distinguished road
SgtDrillbit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Hid's have been in for some time 6000k head/fogs.

Also added a toggle switch to turn on/off my ABS

I do have my scanguageII installed just neglected to take some pics.
I also have one of the devil horns on order!
do people flash their high beams on you?.... i have glare issues when i installed hids... i even tried putting shields...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I have added a few pics to my original post, #1 lots of pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDrillbit View Post
do people flash their high beams on you?.... i have glare issues when i installed hids... i even tried putting shields...
I appologize for not answering you sooner, I was offshore and saw your question just now.
When I took these pics I was getting flashed, since then I have adjusted the headlights. When I took the pic I was on a slight hill in my front yard. I don't drive too often with my fog lights on as they are hella bright. When you installed the shields did you put them on the bottom side? I know that seems dumb but hey it happens. If you did they go on the bottom as to stop the light from bouncing up off of the reflective material into the eyes of on coming traffic.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #17
SgtDrillbit is on a distinguished road
SgtDrillbit's Tacoma Gallery
HID Shield

Quote:
I have added a few pics to my original post, #1 lots of pics.

I appologize for not answering you sooner, I was offshore and saw your question just now.
When I took these pics I was getting flashed, since then I have adjusted the headlights. When I took the pic I was on a slight hill in my front yard. I don't drive too often with my fog lights on as they are hella bright. When you installed the shields did you put them on the bottom side? I know that seems dumb but hey it happens. If you did they go on the bottom as to stop the light from bouncing up off of the reflective material into the eyes of on coming traffic.

I have it on the bottom part, i left the right top quadrant open so the light bounces away from oncoming traffic...... dont wanna spend money on a retro... still looking for a built kit thats made for the taco...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!

Products Discussed in this Thread