Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ShadesOfGrey's Build

Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #101
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
hahahahahah What?? maybe im too damn dumb right now but im not seeing how this could work. is the idea u can still drink what little water has yet to freeze?
Haha! Well if you put a bottle of water in the freezer the top part seems to freeze first. Just a thought. Lookin at it mostly for drinkin water, just in case, huntin and campin.

Gonna have to stick it in the freezer and check as it goes. Haha.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #102
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
Haha! Well if you put a bottle of water in the freezer the top part seems to freeze first. Just a thought. Lookin at it mostly for drinkin water, just in case, huntin and campin.

Gonna have to stick it in the freezer and check as it goes. Haha.
I suppose if it's frozen and u need it, you can just sit on it for a while
Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #103
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
I suppose if it's frozen and u need it, you can just sit on it for a while
Haha! Very true.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #104

Finally got my Sockmonkey bedsides on...

Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #105
VaderTaco
lortsie is on a distinguished road

Navy: Veteran, 1994-2001. USS Kittyhawk, USS Tripoli
Name: Adam
lortsie's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man!

Just put the MO in the mail for mine today. BTW how was it pulling the old off and aligning the new? Looks like you did a great job.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by lortsie View Post
Looks great man!

Just put the MO in the mail for mine today. BTW how was it pulling the old off and aligning the new? Looks like you did a great job.
Wasn't bad. Use a blow dryer or a heat gun to get the factory ones to loosen up. (Don't go overboard with the heat.) They should just come right off without much effort. Lining the new ones up aren't to bad. I used th top of the bed as a guide for keepin em level.

What kind ya goin with?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #107
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Former Reserve Police Officer
Toyota Man's Tacoma Gallery
I set you a couple of different options for sliders last night, when you get time in the next few weeks let me know what you think.

Don
Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Man View Post
I set you a couple of different options for sliders last night, when you get time in the next few weeks let me know what you think.

Don
I got em. Thanks Don. I will sit down and really look em over tonight. Appreciate it again.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #109
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds good,

Take your time, no rush
Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #110

Quote:
Sounds good,

Take your time, no rush
Work is dead... Lookin' at em now.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #111
VaderTaco
lortsie is on a distinguished road

Navy: Veteran, 1994-2001. USS Kittyhawk, USS Tripoli
Name: Adam
lortsie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
Wasn't bad. Use a blow dryer or a heat gun to get the factory ones to loosen up. (Don't go overboard with the heat.) They should just come right off without much effort. Lining the new ones up aren't to bad. I used th top of the bed as a guide for keepin em level.

What kind ya goin with?
Nice, thanks for that.

I had him make me some single cut "TRD black" ones out of flat black. Intended to be subtle. Can't wait to get em on!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by lortsie View Post
Nice, thanks for that.

I had him make me some single cut "TRD black" ones out of flat black. Intended to be subtle. Can't wait to get em on!
No worries. That should look sweet man. Gonna have to put some pictures up.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #113

Not at all. Man, that book came out and made me shake my head, was thinkin that will bring some interesting comments on here. Good one though.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #114
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
This is the fifty shades of grey fanpage right?
first thing I thought of when I saw the title.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Sweet truck though, I always loved that grey
Thanks man and back at ya. Waited a month to get the truck after payin, the down when I got back from Iraq. Really like the MGM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #116

Sliders are done!

So, I finally got my sliders done, and figured it was time to get the write up done.

A while back I was approached by another TacomaWorld member, Don (Toyota Man), as far as having some sliders built for my truck. I was of course interested. Don explained that he was starting a metal fabrication business here in Oregon, called North West Toys, and was wanting to get some product line and customer base built up. He offered to cut me a really good deal on sliders which in turn would get him some measurements for the DCLB, and a finished product out the doors.

I met with Don, who has a awesome 2011, a few times for some measuring and such to get the ball rolling and the project began. Through out the planning and building process Don stayed in touch by email and phone to discuss everything as he went forward with the project, which was great. As he was close to having the finished project I met him at his shop to see how everything lined up, which was damn near perfect, then met again later for the initial install. I was extremely happy with the final product.

I decided to go with Line-X on them, which I had done through Starbuck's Mid Valley Line-X (www.linexofsalemor.com) here in Salem. They did a great job on the sliders.

The finished product was outstanding. Don (Toyota Man) did great work and built a really stout and quality set of sliders. I will gladly go through him again for future projects, and would definitely recommend his work. Thanks man.

And now, the pictures...

Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #117
Toyota Man

These look awsome. It was a lot of fun building them. I hope you enjoy.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #118

Quote:
'

Will do man! Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #119
Patchiman is on a distinguished road
Patchiman's Tacoma Gallery
Slider

Quote:
Hi, Can you PM me the price of that slider I'm from North Cal. Thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchiman View Post
Hi, Can you PM me the price of that slider I'm from North Cal. Thanks
I'll pass this off to Toyota Man, in case he doesn't see it here.