1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Micron's Mobile Command Center Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Lord Micron, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Apr 14, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    Lord Micron

Lord Micron [OP] Montani Semper Liberi

Member:
    First Name:
    Dorsey
    MD/WV
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DC/Short
    Grillcraft Upper, Lower and Side-Vent Grills, Anzo Blacked Headlights
    Sooo... Had my Taco since last August, and am starting to piece together a build. I do a good bit of traveling with for my businesses, including offroad due to some of my clients having offices in remote locations. IE: Coal & gas companies, etc... Try taking an Altima Coupe like I had previously up a "road" that consists of a bulldozer through the woods up the side of a mtn! :der:

One of my biggest priorities is interior comfort, but will be addressing the rest of the truck as well! :D

So here's what my 2007 TRD Sport Double Cab, Short Bed w/ Tow Package looks like @ the moment:

[​IMG]

Modifications thus far:
    Grillcraft MX Upper Grill
    Grillcraft MX Side Vent Grills
    Grillcraft MX Lower Grill (Installed 05/03/2011)
    Anzo USA Crystal Black Headlamps
    Sylvania SilverStar Front & Rear Turn Signals
    Sylvania SilverStar Brake Lights
    Bosch Icon Wiper Blades
    Mobil 1 (Switching to Redline 5W30 after this next Mobil 1 change to flush the non-synthetic fully out prior to using the Redline)
    K&N Performance Oil Filter

On Deck (Already purchased):
    Agri-Cover Access Limited Tonneau
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar (black)
    Westin Signature Step Bars (black)
    Black Chrome TRD badges for grill and rear (Will be debadging it mostly)
    Geoshield Dark Matter tinting (Wife's V-Day present to me, just have to schedule the install with Westminster Speed and Sound [Christian owned business!!!] :eek:)
    145sq/ft of Dynamat Xtreme (dbl layer on floor, firewall, doors, cab wall, pillars and roof)
    100sq/ft of Ensolight Foam (single layer on everything but pillars)
    Infinity Kappa 50.9cs Components (Front)
    Infinity Kappa 60.9cs Components (Rear)
    PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth (Already have Torque for Android to read from it)
    HID Retrofit heads and fogs (Talking to Matt @ TRS so I can hop on the TW group buy!)

DIY:
    Broadband - I'm modding a Linksys router with DD-WRT to support a 4G USB Aircard, which will then be connected directly to a Wilson Communications signal amp. The reason I am choosing to go this route is because it will give enough signal so that I don't have to be in the immediate vicinity of my truck to use the connection. Plus, it will have much more signal strength for its cellular connection and won't be tied to any one technology and/or carrier.

I'll also be adding a dual-band wireless Wilson booster for phone usage, with the internal antenna that the phones talk to installed underneath the ceiling covering just in front of the overhead light.

Backup Lights - Already have a pair of 45W Sylvania SilverStar fogs modded, just need to install them!

Wish List:
    Pioneer AVC-Z130BT head unit
    Pioneer Stage 4 A/B amp (components)
    JL 500W D amp (sub)
    JL 13.5 pancake sub (Will have to figure out a box, as I want to sacrifice as little storage space as possible!)
    Optima Deep Cycle battery
    5F cap for each amp
    New wheels (The OEM 17s are FUBAR, as the elderly couple who previously owned the vehicle didn't know not to use certain cleaners on alloy wheels! :eek:)
    Automatic sliding rear window
    Electric tailgate lock
    TRD Supercharger Kit
    Thorley long tubes
    CAI Intake (URD? TRD? aFe?)
    Exhaust (URD? TRD? etc?)

So needless to say, I've got my work cut out for me! :D

2. Apr 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Sounds like a plan! You may also want a lift so don't forget that!

3. Apr 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    sounds like you have some cool ideas. need more pictures though. lol

4. Apr 18, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    gov875

gov875 WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    Wet Okole's (front & rear), Weathertech Floormats (front & rear), cheap tailgate theft mod, extra d-rings, low profile toolbox (flat black), Thule Roof Rack (58" load bars), Thule Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack, Blacked Out Badges, Fishing Bobber Trailer Ball Cover, AVIC-X930BT w/ XM & steering controls, 5100s All Around (front set at .85), Eibach Coils, Rear TSB, rear AAL, LR UCAs, Toytec Diff. Drop, Mudflap Delete, Tailgate Reinforcement, Spidertrax (all 4), 285 Nittos, Rear Diff Breather Extension, TRD Exhaust, Powered Rear Sliding Window, DeeZee Bedmat, rear-view anytime mod, trailer bracket relocate, fog light anytime mod, redline hood struts, Satoshi with Homertaco Custom TRD Mesh, Hella 500s behind the grill, Brighter Reverse Lights
    lookin' like a real nice plan. More pics = more better.

5. May 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    Lord Micron

Lord Micron [OP] Montani Semper Liberi

Member:
    First Name:
    Dorsey
    MD/WV
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport DC/Short
    Grillcraft Upper, Lower and Side-Vent Grills, Anzo Blacked Headlights
    So, finally got around to installing the lower grill... :goingcrazy:

I also took a can of Krylon Fusion "Camoflauge Series" Ultra Flat Black and dusted a few coats on everything behind the upper and lower grills to enhance the look. :cool:

Unfortunately, the weather and my phone did not permit a good shot to show just how flat (and pretty much invisible) everything is behind the grill! :(

So here we are as it looks today:
    [​IMG]

A little closer:
    [​IMG]

A close-up angled shot to show the side-vent grills, which really complete the look that trucks without are lacking:
    [​IMG]

Finally, the lower grill:
    [​IMG]

And an attempt to look through the upper grill to see everything behind it:
    [​IMG]

6. May 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Great build man...love that you are building some technology into it...very cool. I'm an IT Manager and dig integrating cool, useful stuff. Will be watching your build to see how the Linksys router works out.

I have a Verizon MiFi for work that I use all the time. There is very good Verizon wireless signal where I am 99% of the time so I'm generally good-to-go.

Again :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top