LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

SilverTacoZack's Build

Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
SilverTacoZack's Build

*Updates*

Click here for most recent
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6898631

Ok, so this build is still in progress because I've got my lift still to come among other things. But I believe I've done enough to start a build thread now to document the progress.

The Beginning:
Here is the day I brought her home, a brand new '10 Double Cab Prerunner:

First Mods: Audio Upgrades

First thing I did was upgrade the factory stereo. Kept factory h/u and threw in an Audiocontrol LC6i interface unit, Pioneer PRS 720 Comps in front doors, and a Soundstream Tarantula 4 channel amp.

Next Mods: Retro Graphics + Toolbox

Next up came Retro Graphics and Whitetail decal by Sockmonkey, as well as a Kobalt slim low profile toolbox.

Next Mod: New Wheels/Tires

Next mod was the 285/60/18 Terra Grapplers on XD Monsters.

Next Mod: Ham Radio Install

Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Most Recent Pics

Next Mod: Plastidip Grill/Bumper

Most recent mod was plastidipping the rear bumper and front grill.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
looks sweet man nice job! do the BHLM now!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
NICE JOB! BHLM NEXT....
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Nice!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Do you have any rubbing with those tires?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Looks good! Do you have any rubbing with those tires?
Nope, no rubbing! Except in reverse on some weird grades, I get little. Only thing I had to do was do a very minor dremel cut to pieces of the inner fenderwell, but they were done in such a way that you can't even tell they were done. Well worth it.

I am considering doing the BHLM, but haven't been hardcore enough to put my headlamps in an oven yet.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapanel09 View Post
how did you fit 285s with no lift ?
Because these are "weird" 285's. Where most of the time, when you hear someone say "285'", they are talking about 285 wide tires that are 33 inches tall or so. These tires, being 285/60/18, are the same width (285 mm) as those tires, but they are only like 31.8 inches tall.

So basically, I got the width, but not the height, of "normal" 285's. Well worth it to me, although after I get a lift I will be going up to 285/65/18 Trail Grapplers.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
SICK!!! Hows the plasti holding up on the bumper? I just did the flares and lower valence but I'm nervous to do the grille and bumper b/c of the lines especially the triangles
Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
SICK!!! Hows the plasti holding up on the bumper? I just did the flares and lower valence but I'm nervous to do the grille and bumper b/c of the lines especially the triangles
Thanks man. Its holding up great. I kind of wish I had put one more coat on the front grill because I think it would have looked a bit better up close, but overall it looks great from like 3 ft + away. The bumper on the other hand came out totally perfect, probably because I did it second and had perfected my spray technique when I did it. I actually didn't even bother to tape up the triangles in the front grill when I sprayed it, I just fixed them afterwards with a barbeque skewer. It was real easy to get those fixed, but if you want you can always tape up the triangles. Do it!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm I do have 3 cans left
LOL my 1st flare I started on has a few little areas that are thicker but the other 3 are damn near perfect
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
hmmm I do have 3 cans left
LOL my 1st flare I started on has a few little areas that are thicker but the other 3 are damn near perfect
Haha peel and re-do. I did it after my first botched attempt on my front grill. The trick for me was to do really light coats, and let them dry at least 30 mins before next coat. Also, Everytime I started the spray I would already have the can moving left/right. This way I prevented runs.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #13
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTacoZack View Post
Haha peel and re-do. I did it after my first botched attempt on my front grill. The trick for me was to do really light coats, and let them dry at least 30 mins before next coat. Also, Everytime I started the spray I would already have the can moving left/right. This way I prevented runs.
Same here except I didnt wait 30 minutes between coats. Also I f'd up the front flares twice but now its all good
Old 04-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
Love the stance and the wheel and tire set up, and the retros on the tailgate. Nice truck. If I can emulate the stance of anyone's truck on here, it would be yours.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
Love the stance and the wheel and tire set up, and the retros on the tailgate. Nice truck. If I can emulate the stance of anyone's truck on here, it would be yours.
Thanks man. I like the stance too, though I do want to level it out with some front billies.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Love the Retro stripe...had similar one s on a 92 4-runner, also like the TOYOTA on the tail gate!!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdinfla View Post
Ditto. I also love the retro graphics.
Thanks guy! That has definitely been my favorite mod.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #19
I can save your life or ruin it
FireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really nice

Firefighter: Sergeant,Paramedic,Mandated Tactical Medic
FireTacMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad to finally see someone with the same setup im getting! My 18x9 vrock recons wrapped in 285/60/18's will be here in two days. Ive haven't found a straight answer on rubbing with this setup with no lift, and now I know! Thank you for posting this! You have definitely calmed my nerves about this not working.

What gas milage drop did you see with your new kicks?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTacMedic View Post
I'm glad to finally see someone with the same setup im getting! My 18x9 vrock recons wrapped in 285/60/18's will be here in two days. Ive haven't found a straight answer on rubbing with this setup with no lift, and now I know! Thank you for posting this! You have definitely calmed my nerves about this not working.

What gas milage drop did you see with your new kicks?
About 1 mpg drop in the city, about 3 to 4 mpg drop on the interstate going 75 +

BTW i've got another thread from back when I put on the wheels and you can see the areas in the fenders I dremelled to fix the slight rub I had.