Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Slimwood Shady's 09 Access Single Cab Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery

Lighting
-The Retrofit Source Retro (GB) – DS2 Mini w/55watt ballasts and Phillips bulbs, Apallo Shrouds
-Rigid D2 (Driving Pattern)
-Anytime Fog Light Mod
-LED Dome and Map Lights (GB)
-LED Bed Lights (GB)

Audio/Visual
-Eclipse AVN 726e
-JL Audio HD 900/5
-JL Audio 13TW5
-Hybrid Audio Clarus components in all 4 doors
-Back up camera in rear view mirror connected to head unit for back up camera
-4Runner Blutooth steering wheel controls
-Completely sound deadened cabin (MLV, CCF, Dynomat)
-Columbia Overland Dual Battery Box w/2 Diehard Platinum Grp 35 Batteries

Interior Comfort
-Wet Okole Seat covers (GB) (Graphite grey and black with gun tote, seat heaters, map pockets)
-Wet Okole Arm rest mod (GB)
-Black Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners (GB)
-TRD Shift Knob
-IMMRYO Rear View Mirror Relocate (GB)
-ARB 50 Qt Fridge Freezer with ARB slide and tie down

Communications
-Uniden PRO510XL
-Wilson 1000 antenna

Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Drivetrain
-Icon Dynamics 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers w/King Springs 14"x700lbs
-Icon Dynamics rear VS. 2.0 shocks custom length
-Total Chaos UCA
-Nitro 4.56 gears-ECGS Solid Spacer for rear
-ARB Front Locker (RD121)
-All Pro Expedition rear leafs
-All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit
-16x8 Procomp 7089s
-315/75/16 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar
-Cab Mount Chop
-ATO Shackle Flip

Armor
-ARB Deluxe Bull Bar Bumper
-ATO Rear Wrap Around bumper w/tire carrier
-ATO Front skid plate (GB)
-ATO Transmission Skid
-ATO T-Case Skid
-ATO Gas Tank Skid
-BAMF LCA Skid Plates (GB)
-4x Innovation Sliders DOM w/Kickout (84")

Recovery
-Smittybilt XRC10 Winch w/in cab controls (regreased gears)
-Hilift 60" jack
-ARB OBA CKMA12
-Southeast Overland 3/8" amsteal blue line
-Rugged Ridge strap, d-rings, gloves, tree saver
-ARB Snatch Block 9000
-Bubba Rope

Exterior
-Debadged
-Sport Hood
-20% window tint
-Toyota Bed Mat
-Redline Hood Struts (GB)
-Leer 100r Topper
-Protrack Roof Rack (on topper)
-AVS In-Channel Window Deflectors
-AVS Hood Deflector
-OEM Roof Rack
-Homertoshi
-ruggedT Bedside Decals
-ARB Awning

Performance
-TRD Exhaust (chopped over axle)
-OCTaco extended stainless steal brake lines (GB)
-ARB Safari Snorkel
-EBC Green Stuff Brake pads
-EBC dimpled and slotted rotors

July 22, 2009 I purchased my first brand new car, Silver Streak Mica 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Rd Edition. I got it with a Remote Start Alarm, Tube Steps, TRD Exhaust, Tow Package, First Aid Kit, Floor Mats, 6 Disk in-dash CD Changer, and iPod Adaptor all for $30,000.

My first mod was the Undercover Bed Cover

Then I put on the ICON 2.5 Ext travel Adjustable Coil Overs, TC UCA, U-Bolt Flip Kit and All Pro Expo Leaf Pac, Pro Comp 7089 16x8’s wrapped in BFG A/T 285/75/16’s

Redline Hood Struts..

Then I got someone to trade me hoods as well as I scored a TRD Skid Plate and painted my lower valence black. I also bought a Sport Grill…

I finally decided to work on the interior since I spend so much time in the truck. I got Weathertechs, Wet Okoles (arm rest mod as well), lighted 4x4 switch, Eclipse AVN 725e, Hybrid Audio Clarus highs in the front and rear, JL Audio 13TW5, JL Audio HD 900/5 amp. I also painted the center console black along with the radio bezel…

Then I decided to sound deaden the entire truck…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1kSwIP8AxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlWcZLfBjsk
http://youtu.be/NHxfzPq14i4
http://youtu.be/8iI5BmKOxyo
http://youtu.be/0Jh1pyvylD0
http://youtu.be/6QkufF88OKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMoY6eNzyu8

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking...
Attached Thumbnails
Slimwood Shady's 09 Access Single Cab Build-cropped.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks looking pretty good, how much did all the material for sound deadening cost you?

On another note, I didn't look at your username on the side, and was scrolling through your post. I saw the glow belt around your headrest and I immediately had to scroll back up to see which branch you were in! Was figuring on AF since they are the biggest supporters/users of the glow belt.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineTacoDriver View Post
Trucks looking pretty good, how much did all the material for sound deadening cost you?

On another note, I didn't look at your username on the side, and was scrolling through your post. I saw the glow belt around your headrest and I immediately had to scroll back up to see which branch you were in! Was figuring on AF since they are the biggest supporters/users of the glow belt.
LOL, yeah the Army. We all have to wear them while we do PT in the mornings as well as other training. All together I probably have about $400 invested in the deadening stuff. It was a HUGE task, but well worth it. I can drive down the highway at 70+ and still have a decent conversation. It also contains the sound within the truck very well!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
The truck looks good. How are you liking the undercover tonneau cover. I am thinking this will be one of near future mods?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2010taco View Post
The truck looks good. How are you liking the undercover tonneau cover. I am thinking this will be one of near future mods?
Thanks, i absolutely love it! Easy on easy off. It also gives me the ability to lock the tailgate; so no pop-n-lock needed for me!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great
Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
badass truck looks really good
Old 04-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
boy imma shit all in this build. lol. looks good man
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
badass truck looks really good
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
boy imma shit all in this build. lol. looks good man
Old 04-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Bout damn time Linwood! Looks good man!
Haha, thanks Colton!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
how much of the ensolite did u use? also, dibs on ur current headlights if and when u get the other ones.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #15
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
nah see pics @ work why you no host em here on TW
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #16
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking truck. Clean, tasteful and well thought out.

I'll have to see it in person next meet up.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #17
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
BUILD SUCKS!!!!!!

I would like to thank all the haters out there who inspire me to keep doing what I am doing!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #18
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
how much of the ensolite did u use? also, dibs on ur current headlights if and when u get the other ones.

Deal!!! You can have them for free I won't need them

Products Discussed in this Thread