1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Corbin's Build- Brunes Tacoma Work

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Brunes, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Aug 12, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    [​IMG]

The only photo I have with the 285/70R17 tires on...My wife has both the cameras in New Orleans...Also did a sway bar delete and installed 1.25" spacers to fit the tires. I'll have to trim and take new ride height measurements when I get to my Dremel and my tape measure in New Orleans....=)

2. Nov 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    [​IMG]

It's been a while since i put anything in here. This photo is my new grillecraft upper and triangles installed in my grille surround that I painted with bed liner. Also did the horn relocate. The Exclusive Elements light bar is on the way...Gotta figure out what lights I want.

I think the BHLM is next with the same bed liner I used on the grille surround. HID Retro is probably also in the works-Head lights and Fogs.

What say you??

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Grille shot with the BDF light mount set up.
    [​IMG]

Looking down at the BDF mount. Great fitment-SUPER easy install. Really nice quality. I'm super happy with the purchase. I can't wait to get my hands on the Kragens I'm after-Trying not to spend full price...
    [​IMG]

Had some extra bed liner. "Stealth" Toyota logos on the engine cover...
    [​IMG]

And then yesterday I had time to do the fogs anytime mod-I used the thin male spade to get the hot wire anytime the ignition is ACC or ON. Might work an inline fuse into that wire setup for some extra protection.
    [​IMG]

I could be a need a take a photo of the package tag that came in the mail...I think my lights are waiting for me to pick them up at the post office...I wasn't home yesterday to get them. Have to find some time to get the BHLM/Retro done....

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Weird.... Your wife named your truck after me... Thats like a twisted love triangle I didn't even know I was a part of..

Looks good though :thumbsup:

5. Nov 20, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I'm hoping the BHLM will make it look clean enuf for the time being. A plate bumper is on the list....and that'll be all black. I've got the grille craft lower mesh to install and I've kicked around doing the middle of the bumper black...kinda draw a ling from where the grille surround sides are straight down to the edges of the lower grille and then down the valence.

6. Nov 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the feedback and ideas- Keep 'em coming!! I've also kicked around doing the blazer fog light HID retro....I really like having lots of real good quality light. Specially after the night I had in the fog last night...

7. Nov 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Next Step- BHLM+HID Retro, Bumper gets some bed liner and a grille craft lower, and cleaning out the dirt that gets into all the nooks and stuff.

The starting point
    [​IMG]

My...workshop?
    [​IMG]

Bumper w/ bedliner drying in the garage.
    [​IMG]

Painted shrouds - This kit
    [​IMG]

Headlights out- Needa get cleaned and then heated to start the retro fit.
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna do some trimming in the fender wells to take care of a little bit of rubbing still going on. And I'm going to try to get to my buddies place to chop cab mounts in the next couple weeks.

8. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    The bed liner paint... Is it Rattle Can? If so, what kind? I wanna get my hands on some quick!

9. Nov 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Duplicolor Bed Armor...Takes some getting used to the texture/weight of the spray...Takes a lot more VERY light coats to get it right. I'm still working on that....Hoping there aren't many drips on my light shrouds.

10. Nov 22, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I've come to the conclusion my garage is way to fuckin small. I've got too much crap in there to be move...never mind be able to paint and stuff.

This just had to sit and dry- but it was raining outside so it came in.
    [​IMG]

These had me pretty nervous...The oven thing scares me...Like I almost died the other night and I'm pretty over that...but I'm still nervous about putting my damn lights back together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm done for tonight. The fans are staying on the light housings until tmrw afternoon. Gunna run wire in the AM if the weather is crappy...If it's nice-I'm working on the yard and the wiring will be tmrw night.

11. Nov 23, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I started out on the drive way but the wind picked up and the rain was coming. Good news is that it is like 8 or 10 degrees cooler than this time yesterday....

12. Nov 23, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I was working until about 1030 last night to get that paint laid and ready to go. Gave it all night to dry-Had to patch a couple spots up this morning due to me sucking at painting and/or bumping into hard edges.

But: Lenses and Bezels Assembled:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Projectors installed in housings:
    [​IMG]

Everything is wired up and working right...Gunna leave them apart tonight to let the paint cure.
    Helos:
    [​IMG]
    Projectors (Lows):
    [​IMG]

13. Nov 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    TennesseeFan76

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    Your build looks great! I love the front valence. Looks awesome in the bedliner paint! I used Plasti-dip, I used to think mine looked good! I've got to find that stuff and paint again!! Thanks for the input!

14. Nov 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man. I'm pretty happy with the results too. I'm curious to see if I'm going to want to spray the space between the grille and the valence with bed liner too...

I still gotta figure out how da eff to get my fingers into the space behind the grille craft to install that bad boy.

Probably be Friday night before I put it all back together. I really want the paint to be cured and I have to work tmrw and Friday.

15. Nov 23, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    TennesseeFan76

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    Hey bro, It's your truck, do as you please, but IMO it looks sic as is!

16. Nov 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Sweet-Thanks man.

17. Nov 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    Looks good man I hope you like the projectors.

18. Nov 24, 2011 at 4:28 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    They look good so far. I need to be more patient=Already messed up a bit of paint cause I was rushing...but I fixed it.
    The light patterns looked good during the day- We'll see how the look once it's all back together and at night on level ground. I did forget to take photos of the stock set up at night...but these were too cool to wait!

Thanks for the hook up on the light kit!! If you don't mind- might borrow some photos you took and do a whole install thread.

19. Nov 24, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    I like the projectors...Looks good.

20. Nov 24, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    TennesseeFan76

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB

Yes to retro install thread!!

Products Discussed in

To Top