Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Corbin's Build- Brunes Tacoma Work

Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Corbin's Build- Brunes Tacoma Work

Truck Stats-
Name: Corbin (My wifes choice- She names all the cars- I just drive them and do all the work on them)
2008 Access Cab- V6 with a 6 Speed Manual.
Radiant Red with Ash/Graphite Inside.
Purchased 23May08 with about 13 Miles-I put most of them there.

The First Photo- Tint Installed with a complete debadge.

This Weekends Improvements-Look closely at the 5 piece grill install.

Up Close for the grill

Next Up-DIY Black Rims.

and I need some opinions
BHLM or RHLM (That'd be RED HLM)- Take a look and tell me what you think (except for the part about my much my paint skills suck.)
BTW- not my truck- Borrowed the pic for the purpose of plotting the HLM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck!!! Diggin the red! I WANT THAT exact grill! very nice work!!

BUT...
that last pic, right headlight.... Looks like that was done with 'paint' (the windows program)...Bro that looks bad!! ..I mean very bad.Is it still like that?? Why only 1 side done?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
The last pic WAS done with MT Paint- It's a comparing pic.

I'm thinking about painting headlights red to match the truck insted of painting them black. I know that pic looks like @$$-but I'm no graphic artist. (That isn't even my truck...I needed one that had the BHLM done already...

ahhhhh ok I see now..... i feel much better now! LOL

I really dont know how I feel about painted headlights... But I do dig "eyelids"

tc
Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I like the black better, nice contrast.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sweet ride brunes!!! the grille looks awesome too man...good job. the headlights may look pretty cool red, but me personally, i'd do them black, cause a red truck with black accessories is hot as hell, imo!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
sweet truck!!! Diggin the red! I WANT THAT exact grill! very nice work!!

BUT...
that last pic, right headlight.... Looks like that was done with 'paint' (the windows program)...Bro that looks bad!! ..I mean very bad.Is it still like that?? Why only 1 side done?

Nice progress man!

I think I would go with black.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
My wife says you guys are a bunch of sheep for just wanting to do the BHLM.

I want to get rid of as much of the chrome as possible but I'm not sure that I'll be able to match the red color and I'm very sure I don't want to go to the stealership for it.
We'll see what happens-

Thanks for the feedback on the truck so far guys!!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rig, love the Red color too.

Mike
Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Taco, I would go bhlm to match the rims.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
TTT with the updated pics in my gallery. Added the ERG Slimline Window Visors

and have 1/3 of the rim paint project taken care of.

My hangover this morning prevented me from getting more done. I'll be painting front rims and red calipers tmrw. Bug Guard will be in next week. Muffler and exhaust outlets will be next month...I hope.

More to come tmrw!!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
As promised:

Sorry that the light is all wrong in these shots...I took me a while to get the paint right...and to do the prep work on the calipers....so it's dinner time now and the sun is almost set.
My camera hates me- so it didn't save the photos of the caliper prep and tape work I did.

Enjoy!!

Next up: BHLM maybe as soon as this week.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #16
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice lookin Taco, Whats next for it?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
gawd I LOVE YOUR taco man!!! I wish you"d post more pics!!

Mud flaps gotta go!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #19
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
It's been far to long since this post went TTT.

NEON- Have no fear- The mudflaps got taken off this past weekend.

Being shipped next week: OME Shocks and 885's for the front, OME shocks and the Wheelers 3 pack Progressive AAL for the rear with new brake lines for both. TC UCAs will be order in the next month (gotta pay the other car off first...). Some 265 or 275 tires will be going on the stock 17's.

I'm still shopping for the right muffler. Offroading gear (sliders, skids, recovery) are all on the list now...

Update: Wheelers Offroad is impressing me everyday with their customer service-Their order of 3 pack AALs get delayed...so they called me to let me know. It'll be the 15th before they ship my order so I'll go from there.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #20
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Update: Wheelers called last night- My 885s, 3 pack AAL, shocks, hardware, and brake lines are all ON THEIR WAY TO ME!!. UPS should be dropping them sometime in the next few days.
Hopefully control arms won't be too much longer.

Pics of the parts laid out and then the build will be coming along once everything arrives!!