Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Diary of a Madman..... OZ-T's build and pics

Old 03-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #1481
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Get a room
You found caps lock :golfclap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
So this would be the basic set up

The magnetic socket tray would be fixed to the lid

Jesus. Now I have some size perspective. Are you planning to get a set of 3/8 in there, too? And is that 1/2 stuff for the jobsite, or do you just like bad mileage?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #1482
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post

Jesus. Now I have some size perspective. Are you planning to get a set of 3/8 in there, too? And is that 1/2 stuff for the jobsite, or do you just like bad mileage?
No 3/8" , go big or go home
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1483
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No 3/8" , go big or go home

So you use a chainsaw where a coping saw is necessary?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #1484
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So you use a chainsaw where a coping saw is necessary?
No

I'm just kidding , this kit will get used for work too , but only by me
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #1485

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No

I'm just kidding , this kit will get used for work too , but only by me
Muricah.

Why not impact?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #1486

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Muricah.

Why not impact?
I keep my impact stuff at work
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #1487

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to go ahead and build a new box with the revisions I wanted

3/4" wider , 1/4" shorter , 3/4" narrower at the top , move the hinge location up 1" and add a shelf to hold oddball sockets ( 32mm , 35mm ) extentions and other assorted tools

Got the case built , and the lid built today , after the glue has set up , I'll cut the opening portion of the lid out and mount the hinge

Old prototype box on the left , new box on the right

Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #1488

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Finished Version 2 of my tool box

The lid was rabbeted to accept the socket tray

I use this Lisle 1/2" magnetic socket tray

Cut off the handle , removed the through rivets and drilled it out to accept 1/4" hardware

Used the tray as a pattern and drilled through the lid front , and attached 1/4"x2"SS carriage bolts

Mounted the socket tray

Loaded it up with these tools

Test fit #2

Just needs a handle and some finish
Old 05-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #1489
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Liking the toolbox idea OZ. What all is involved with removing the plastic bins?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #1490

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Liking the toolbox idea OZ. What all is involved with removing the plastic bins?
They are held in with interior panel pins and a couple screws

The driver's side overlaps the passenger side

Others have unbolted the rear seats , I didn't , but it would certainly have been easier in hindsight
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #1491
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Wonderful. I tried one night to pull the passenger side and didn't pay attention to the fact the driver's side overlapped. Guess I know what I'm doing in the morning!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #1492

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Wonderful. I tried one night to pull the passenger side and didn't pay attention to the fact the driver's side overlapped. Guess I know what I'm doing in the morning!
There are bolts through the mid lip in the panels , then it's just a matter of working the pins loose

I broke a couple but I took one down to my auto parts place and was able to match it up and buy a package of replacements

Why are you removing the panels ?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #1493
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are held in with interior panel pins and a couple screws

The driver's side overlaps the passenger side

Others have unbolted the rear seats , I didn't , but it would certainly have been easier in hindsight
Good to know, Thanks. I'll be removing them sooner or later.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #1494

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why do people want to remove them ?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #1495
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Why do people want to remove them ?
I'm thinking of doing a dual battery setup

Old 05-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #1496

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I'm thinking of doing a dual battery setup

Oh , that's pretty cool
Old 05-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #1497

Quote:
Oh , that's pretty cool
Saw it on ExpoPortal, guy said its capable of handling 3 batteries. Dont need that many but still pretty sweet to know it can
Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #1498

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Saw it on ExpoPortal, guy said its capable of handling 3 batteries. Dont need that many but still pretty sweet to know it can
I think I would rather do a 2nd battery in the engine compartment and save that area for dry storage myself but still an impressive use of the space
Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #1499

Quote:
I think I would rather do a 2nd battery in the engine compartment and save that area for dry storage myself but still an impressive use of the space
Saw another with a cap and storage bins with a fridge on rails.

Plus I was thinking you could place a compressor in the battery section of the engine, that way you dont get the buzzing of the compressor inside.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #1500

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Saw another with a cap and storage bins with a fridge on rails.

Plus I was thinking you could place a compressor in the battery section of the engine, that way you dont get the buzzing of the compressor inside.
Can't you do a dual battery at the factory battery spot and add a compressor on the passenger side where Ant mounted his ?