Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Diary of a Madman..... OZ-T's build and pics

Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Diary of a Madman..... OZ-T's build and pics

This is by no means a serious build up thread , I just wanted to try to keep all my truck related pics in one spot

I will edit the OP as I get organized .

Current Spec :

2009 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4 with tow package
OME 885x coils , no spacer
OME 90000 front shocks
OME N182 rear shocks
OME Dakar rear leafs
OME CB drop
Wheeler's SuperBumps , front and rear
Toytec 3* axle shims
275/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATm's
2" stainless N-Fabs
Leer RCC Commercial canopy with DeWalt ProRac
Aluminum headache rack
Weathertech digifit floor liners
Weathertech in-channel window vents
OEM bed mat
HomerTaco M1 1 1/2" Satoshi
Grey Anodized Devill Horns by Andres
Sleeper style eyelids by Toyota Man
USA Spec PA15-Toy
ImMrYo rear view mirror relocation bracket
Relocated my horns

Stock

Add 265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT's and 2" stainless N-Fabs

Add the aluminum headache rack

Remove the TRD Sport bedside decals

Add the Weathertech In-channels

Repping TW in BC

In the shop to get the lift put on

Goodbye Toyota 4 leaf pack , hello OME Dakars

OME 90000 Sport fronts

OME N182 rears

We added a centre pin collar extension to the Dakars in case I needed to add axle shims later

Thanks to TW member PSU taco85 for this trick , you can find his thread on it here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...xle-shims.html

With the 885's no spacer , 90000's , N182's and Dakars

Up 2 3/4" front and back ( settled to 2 1/2" front and 2 3/4" back )

Centre of hub to fender measurements are 22 1/2" front and 24 1/2" rear

Added Leer RCC commercial canopy with DeWalt ProRac System

The roof rack can carry 400 lbs

Loaded with 16' finishing material

Just added the grey anodized Devil Horns by Andres , thank you sir

Trying out the no Nfab look for a bit

275/70/17 Hankook ATm's , Homertaco 1 1/2" reduced depth satoshi , Sleeper style eylids by Toyota Man , Mag Grey Devils Horns by Andres

That's where I am for right now
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm moving some of this stuff forward of the tampon-a-thon that are the pages that follow

When I got my aluminum bumper from Eric @ Relentless Fabrications , he needed to substitute a 5" ID tube for the foglights for the standard 4" tube used on the steel bumpers .

This gave me the option of using the 5" PIAA 540 series Plasma Ion foglights rather than the 4" PIAA 510's .

My lights finally arrived , and when they did , I found that they were slightly too big to fit in the tube , so I decided to use a router to make a bit of clearance room so that the lights wouldn't be in contact with the bumper . I managed to get some time to do this today .

Covers removed

They just don't quite fit

Scalpel

The full tube posed some problems for the router base to ride on because the light mounting tab
was a bit higher than the edge of the tube

I rigged up a temporary base that was notched over the tab to give a flat surface for the router

I changed the top bearing to get the bit to remove 1/8" of material

I sanded the rough edges with some 120 and then 240 grit

It now fits down to the lens side screws and has almost a 1/16" of clearance all the way around

Test fit

Test fit , pat myself on the back

So , because I had to remove the PIAA cages from the 540's , I thought I would try this out

1"x1" aluminum grate

Cut out and test fit

Cut out and test fit with light

Got my foglight grate welded into the bumper by my fabricator friend

Added Wheeler's SuperBumps , front and rear

Installed front and rear Wheeler's SuperBumps

OEM vs Wheeler's rear

OEM vs Wheeler's front

OEM

Wheeler's

Wheeler's front

Added the ImMrYo rear view mirror relocation bracket

Easy install , far better visibility , I highly recommend this mod

Relocated my horns , but it got too windy to paint the radiator today

Yanked out the plastic inserts behind the rear seats in order to remove the cast in shelf so that I can fit a tool box back there

Update on my rear seat cubby storage solution

Started with this

Milled the upper piece , added a 5/16" stainless through bolt to register the axe handle

Milled the lower piece , it needed to be rabbetted to span over the shelf support remnants

I fixed these pieces through the back of the cubby inserts with #8 x 3/4" screws and fender washers

I put the screws where I could cover them back up with the backing insulation so that they wouldn't rattle against the mounting surfaces

That left me with this

I built a toolbox that would fit the countour of the storage area under the axe

Lid :

Case :

Tool box :

Axe and tool box locations :

Still waiting on Quickfists for the final axe mounts and an ARB Compact Recovery bag that fits to the left of the tool box

Test fit

All back together

Got my Quickfists

Added one Quickfist to my axe set up

Got my ARB Compact recovery bag , fits pretty good

There is an ARB 17500lb snatch strap inside

Installed my sway bar relocates

Added a Stant locking gas cap

Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #4

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
looks good! nice and simple!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Nice build Alice
Thanks Boog

Continued

Received the LCAs and skids I bought from TW member thekernel114

Pulled the skids off , TC skids according to Boyd

Did a preliminary clean up and inspection on the LCAs , they look to be in great shape

Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #5

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to go ahead and build a new box with the revisions I wanted

3/4" wider , 1/4" shorter , 3/4" narrower at the top , move the hinge location up 1" and add a shelf to hold oddball sockets ( 32mm , 35mm ) extentions and other assorted tools

Got the case built , and the lid built today , after the glue has set up , I'll cut the opening portion of the lid out and mount the hinge

Old prototype box on the left , new box on the right

Finished Version 2 of my tool box

The lid was rabbeted to accept the socket tray

I use this Lisle 1/2" drive magnetic socket tray

Cut off the handle , removed the through rivets and drilled it out to accept 1/4" hardware

Used the tray as a pattern and drilled through the lid front , and attached 1/4"x 2" SS carriage bolts

Mounted the socket tray

Loaded it up with these tools

Test fit #2

Just needs a handle and some finish
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
You know....I'd throw a compliment at it or say something positive, but due to recent events of last night in the hockey world.....all i can say is GFY

Now Go Flyers!! Broad street bullies!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
You know....I'd throw a compliment at it or say something positive, but due to recent events of last night in the hockey world.....all i can say is GFY

Now Go Flyers!! Broad street bullies!
I understand
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Looks good OZ, now get that bumper you have sitting around installed.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
very funny brock!

Oz, how will the Leer fit with the headache rack? or am i missing something?
The Leer will be on in the winter , off most of summer , the headache rack will be the opposite .
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Pretty sweet! How's the difference in ride w/ that OME setup?
Honestly , no difference from the 4 leaf pack ( TSB pack ) ride I had before , my ride was always a touch stiff from the E-rated tires .
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #12
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice title
Truck is looking good man

Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Nice title
Truck is looking good man

Thanks Bubba
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #14
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
GET THE R FAB BUMPER ON!DAMNIT! haha go canucks.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #15
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
the lift looks good on it. made a huge difference looking at the pics.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Love the whole look. She'll look great with that front bumper! Nice headache rack.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Nice truck! If is disappears it wasn't me....
Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I hadnt noticed this build, until it was held over my head by an un named member....Anyhoo.....Very nice! I dig the headache rack!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I hadnt noticed this build, until it was held over my head by an un named member....Anyhoo.....Very nice! I dig the headache rack!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Bumper! Bumper! Bumper! Bumper! Bumper!