Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My first Tacoma build

Old 05-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
My first Tacoma build

Here it is. Just your basic 2011 Access cab. While testing trucks I decided to get this. Loved the TRD, but I wanted to build it myself with the mods I wanted. So here she is
-
Suspension
5100's front at .85 + Eibach
5100's real with Toytec 1.5 5th Leaf
Light Racing UCAs
-
Wheels:
P285/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2s
17 inch Pro Comp 7089's 4.5 BS
-
Exterior:
Extang Solid Fold Tonno cover
BHLM
5300 Pop N Lock
TRD skid plate
De-badged
TRD Hood
Thin lip Satochi grill
Mud flaps taken off
-
Performance
Doug Thorley header
Jardine CatBack
AFE pro dry
2nd filter delete
0w20 synthetic

Other mods -
Brake controller
Towing hitch/wiring
extra D-rings
Factor bed mat
-
Next Mods:
-Cab mount chop
-URD supercharger kit
-
Heres how it sits today October 8th 2012

3 mins after I bought it and left the dealership April 19th 2011

Scanguage2

OEM Rearview camera mod

Front grill

Factory all season mats

Little Blackberry holder to use the GPS

A little anti-theft action

D rings in the drain holes

Extang Trifecta installed

New TRD sport rim

-

With the 265BFs
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Wish I hadn't got the TRD now that I'm ripping so much out and changing it. If I do it again I will just get the Base model and add what I want.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronzo View Post
Looks good! Wish I hadn't got the TRD now that I'm ripping so much out and changing it. If I do it again I will just get the Base model and add what I want.
Ya I know. I remember thinking "ok, I HAVE to get the SR5 obviously, but not the TRD. I want to build it". I would get the bone stock 2011 black one now if I could do it again. Keyless is useless once you get an alarm, cruise and wipers are an easy add-on, the black looks fine with the fenders the same color, and I swapped rims already. Meh, still love the blue though
Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Ya I know. I remember thinking "ok, I HAVE to get the SR5 obviously, but not the TRD. I want to build it". I would get the bone stock 2011 black one now if I could do it again. Keyless is useless once you get an alarm, cruise and wipers are an easy add-on, the black looks fine with the fenders the same color, and I swapped rims already. Meh, still love the blue though
What rims did you swap? Pictures?

Frank
Old 05-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
What rims did you swap? Pictures?

Frank
Just a set of 17" sport rims. Like them more though
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Just a set of 17" sport rims. Like them more though
Pictures? What size tires did you go with on these?

Frank
Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #8

They are still shipping right now. Bought them off a guy on here. I also just bought a set of used stock bridgestone Duellers 265/65/17 that have about 80% left. I wasn't sure what suspension/lift/tire size I wanted so I decided to just go cheap stock for now. I will have pics soon when they are installed friday though
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #11
donovan6241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Donovan
donovan6241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
What did you mod on the back up camera? Nice lookin truck!
X2 i didnt know there was a mod to do that
Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rubi View Post
What did you mod on the back up camera? Nice lookin truck!
He has the SR5 , it doesn't come with the camera / rear view mirror monitor , he added one .
Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #14
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new build! I got the pretty base access cab too. Not even and SR5! I'd like to start the mods but I'd have to start saving for that stuff. Keep us updated, I'd love to see the changes.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #18
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #19
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
how much slower did the truck get with the 285's?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
how much slower did the truck get with the 285's?
Feels the exact same, but keeps momentum better then the 265 BFs
They are P rated and weigh 46lbs a tire, and the 265 BFs were 45.76lbs a tire. So the weight is the same, but the lighter tread makes it smoother. I love them. Im pretty sure I will finish the tank with +.5-1 mpg better too because of them.