Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MTNmann's Taco Build

Old 05-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
MTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to behold
Army: 10th MTN DIV
Name: Matt
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MTNmann
MTNmann's Taco Build

Hey everyone, I just bought my 2011 Tacoma TRD Offroad DBL Cab, and thought I would start a build thread to share all the mods I make over time. Please feel free to comment and make suggestions as to future upgrades. Thanks!

Current Pic 5/5/12

Current Mods:
Pro Comp stage 1 6" lift
325/65R18 Dunlop Fierce M/T
AXT Force (teflon) wheels
Tinted windows to match the rear
Roll-n-Lock bed cover
Semi-custom rack
Devil horns
Painted chrome grille surround flat black
Painted badges flat black
Weathertech rock guard
weathertech vent visors
Maglight Mod
Tail gate theft mod
Rear Diff Breather Mod
JET V-Force Plus Programmer
Back up camera anytime Mod
Yakima Load warrior Rack
Custom Axe and Shovel Mount

Future Mods:
Sliders
Armor
Cold air intake
Front and rear bumper
regear to 4.56
BHLM

Here is how she looked when I bought her from the dealer. 5/13/11

The first thing I did was tined the front two windows to match the back two.

Next I did a couple cheap mods starting with the tailgate lock (kind of) and the MagLight mod.

Next I went and painted my badges.

Bought Weather Tech window vent visors and rock/bug deflector

Painted the chrome grill surround flat black.

Next I bought a roll-n-lock truck bed cover.

Then I added a semi-custom rack system on top of the roll-n-lock

Next I finally was able to get my hands on some bad ass devil horns for my truck! Thanks andres

Finally after almost a year, I was able to get my lift! Its a Pro Comp 6" Lift, 18" ATX Force wheels (teflon coated), and 325/65R18 Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T.

Finally got some mud on her

I like to treat my truck like my women...ride them hard and put them away wet....and muddy?

Went and picked up a Yakima Load Warrior Basket for my soon to come spare tire and other equipment.

Then I spent about a day making a custom mount for my axe and shovel. I just fabricated the brackets out of a piece of 1/8 in sheet metal and added some conduit clamps. works great.

Also, I did the back up camera anytime mod...no pics though. The write ups on this site are spot on though. Thanks for the info!

Any suggestions for future mods are welcome!

Also, if anyone is up around Watertown, NY and knows of some good trails please let me know!
Old 05-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
MTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to behold
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
I actually went into a place around here and was looking at the ATX Artillarys. Also was looking at the Firestone Destination ATs but have been hearing alot of good things about the Duratracs. Now I just need to find a shop near me that will install the lift at the right price and knows what they are doing.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my new lift, wheels and tires sometime this week!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 04-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride!!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
Stay thirsty my friends
BroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: Fire Fighter
Name: Jake
BroliathTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man whats next?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
I love that all black look! Great looking truck
Old 04-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! Good choice with those tires! I love mine. What size did you go with?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #12
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Looks good man! Good choice with those tires! I love mine. What size did you go with?
I went with 325/65R18
Old 04-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #13
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroliathTRD View Post
Looks good man whats next?
I need to do a bit of trimming in the wheel wells, so probably the cab mount chop mod, the the diff breather mod once the parts arrive. once i get some money in the bank I will be looking for some sliders, lights (BHLM and some off road lights), I need to re gear, then some armor.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
Stay thirsty my friends
BroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of lightBroliathTRD is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: Fire Fighter
Name: Jake
BroliathTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNmann View Post
I need to do a bit of trimming in the wheel wells, so probably the cab mount chop mod, the the diff breather mod once the parts arrive. once i get some money in the bank I will be looking for some sliders, lights (BHLM and some off road lights), I need to re gear, then some armor.
Very nice man, sounds like u got it all planned out. I just recently did the BHLM and retrofit and I gotta say its well worth it.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroliathTRD View Post
Very nice man, sounds like u got it all planned out. I just recently did the BHLM and retrofit and I gotta say its well worth it.
Yea I just need a long weekend so I can get it done right. I will need to repaint my grille surround again too so I might as well just do it then.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Bray is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantryman 2-14IN
Name: Bray
Bray's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck there is an ok trail down by the black river just outside of post. I've been searching for trails around here too but haven't really had any luck.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray View Post
Nice truck there is an ok trail down by the black river just outside of post. I've been searching for trails around here too but haven't really had any luck.
I have heard about that spot. I plan on getting out there soon. I might have to do a little trimming on the fender before.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Just found out my rear diff parts are showing up tomorrow. Guess what I will be doing this weekend? might also do the BHLM too if time permits. I still have to get some fishing in...lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #19
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Completed the Rear Diff Breather Mod. Couldn't find the right parts at the store to do the BHLM. Maybe next weekend. Now time to go fishing!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
trucks looks good.