Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

GatorComa Build

Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
GatorComa Build

Well, here's my build. Not anything special yet, but I'm hoping to add more as often as I can

Current Picture

Current Mods:

Suspension
Rough Country 3" Spacer Lift
1.5" rear blocks (now removed)

Wheels and Tires
Black pro comp 7089 16x8 (4.5" BS)
285/75/16 BFG KM2's

Lighting
Fog Light anytime mod
Interior LED dome and map lights (thanks to LJ24's group buy!)

Engine/Performance
Secondary air filter removed

Interior Misc
Mag light mount
Seat belt alarm silenced
All-weather rubber floor mats

Exterior Misc
Pinstripes removed
15% tint on all windows with strip on windshield

Here she is stock, 2011 TRD OR access cab with towing package

First, I added a 3" Rough Country spacer lift (I know, go easy on me please ), with 1.5" blocks in the rear. Added 16x8 procomp 7089's wrapped in 285/75/16 bfg km2's. Love it so far!

Finally installed the mount for my led maglight...fits perfect and very convenient.

Peeled off the factory pinstripes

Fogs

Tint (15% all around w/ strip in front)

LED dome and map lights (thanks again LJ24!)

Please let me know what you think and feel free to share any ideas! (I know I'll get hassled a little for the spacer lift, but the ride's great and it works for me)

Future mods:
Toolbox
satoshi
HID headlights and fogs
Seat covers
Black badges
Rear plate bumper (eventually)
....and more....

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
very clean looking truck! how are you liking the km2's
Thanks! I love them. This is my second set, I had some 305/65/17 km2's on my dodge ram, before I got this truck. They are awesome offroad, and have pretty good road manners as well (for such an aggressive tire.) You can hear them on the road, especially as they wear, but not as bad as some. Had a problem with the steering wheel shaking when I first got the tires put on, but just had them rebalanced and seems to have fixed the problem. Other than that I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #4

Added a maglight mount today, with an led maglight 3D cell. Fits perfect on the side of the seat and much more convenient Next up.....tint and a toolbox
Old 06-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
I think your truck looks good. I am running a spacer lift on mine and I havent had any issues yet. I do think there are better alternatives but mine works just fine for now. I dont wheel my truck hard but I do like to go to the beach, pull my boat and camper so I dont need an expensive lift right now. I am sure I will do something different a little later but for now I wanted to use the money for other modifications on the Taco first.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
Looking good
Thanks a lot. You've got a clean looking truck too man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGK View Post
I think your truck looks good. I am running a spacer lift on mine and I havent had any issues yet. I do think there are better alternatives but mine works just fine for now. I dont wheel my truck hard but I do like to go to the beach, pull my boat and camper so I dont need an expensive lift right now. I am sure I will do something different a little later but for now I wanted to use the money for other modifications on the Taco first.
Yeah i'm wth you. I agree there are better alternatives, but I haven't found any problems with the spacer yet. I hunt a lot and spend quite a bit of time on dirt roads in the woods, along with the beach and pulling a boat, but no heavy offroading yet for this truck (its still too new! haha).

Also, are you selling a fiberglass toolbox on craigslist? I was looking for one and it looked like your truck in the picture.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
Thanks a lot. You've got a clean looking truck too man.

Yeah i'm wth you. I agree there are better alternatives, but I haven't found any problems with the spacer yet. I hunt a lot and spend quite a bit of time on dirt roads in the woods, along with the beach and pulling a boat, but no heavy offroading yet for this truck (its still too new! haha).

Also, are you selling a fiberglass toolbox on craigslist? I was looking for one and it looked like your truck in the picture.

I use my truck as a truck but I cant bring myself to beat it up. I see new trucks running around here all the time covered in mud and beat to hell. I cant bring myself to treat my stuff like that anymore. It cost to much to fix.

That was me. I actually sold it tonight. I am going to use that money for some extra play money on my trip to mexico. Leaving in 10 days .
Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGK View Post
I use my truck as a truck but I cant bring myself to beat it up. I see new trucks running around here all the time covered in mud and beat to hell. I cant bring myself to treat my stuff like that anymore. It cost to much to fix.

That was me. I actually sold it tonight. I am going to use that money for some extra play money on my trip to mexico. Leaving in 10 days .
Yeah i ran my last truck hard like that and ended up having to replace an axle and whole front suspension before it was over (damn right it costs too much!). I"m trying to stay away from that with this truck though, hopefully i won't give in

I thought that looked like your truck. Oh well I'm planning on getting a fiberglass box, how did you like it? Did yours have a cooler in it? And how much did you pay for it new if you don't mind me asking? And i'm a little jealous about mexico, with the words "extra play money" and "mexico" it'd be hard to go wrong haha
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #11

Thanks a lot man, yours is sick too. I like the snow plow (dont see many of those around here haha)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I am in the same boat as you with the spacer lift. I had a 1st gen Tacoma I used them on. It didn't add to the performance it just made the truck look better, and it was a fun DIY project. I haven't decided if I want to use them in my truck or not though. I too have grown up a little, and now I find myself sticking to gravel roads at worse. My days of off road steep hill climbing are far and few.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
Nice truck! I am in the same boat as you with the spacer lift. I had a 1st gen Tacoma I used them on. It didn't add to the performance it just made the truck look better, and it was a fun DIY project. I haven't decided if I want to use them in my truck or not though. I too have grown up a little, and now I find myself sticking to gravel roads at worse. My days of off road steep hill climbing are far and few.

Thanks! Yeah I'm with you and it's something that can always be replaced down the road if need be. Yeah Im trying to tone it down a little, i wish there were some steep hills around here to climb, but all we've got is mud! I love it, but it'll tear your truck up for sure. Im trying to grow up a little and keep the taco out of it but its tough haha .
Old 06-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
RRFLEDRN is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
RRFLEDRN's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Where did you get the Mag lite holder?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFLEDRN View Post
Nice truck man! Where did you get the Mag lite holder?
Thanks a lot Robbie (nice name by the way haha). I think I ordered it on Amazon for like $3 or something just because I was ordering something else already. But I've heard you can just get them at walmart or ace hardware I think.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 AM   #16
RRFLEDRN is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
RRFLEDRN's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, what are you gonna do with your stock rims? If your selling them, how much?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 AM   #17
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome. I will be on the look out for it whenever i am down in St. Augustine
Old 06-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRFLEDRN View Post
Thanks, what are you gonna do with your stock rims? If your selling them, how much?
I'd be happy to sell them to you but I already sold them probably a month or so ago. But if you look on the buy/sell/trade forum on here, those rims seem to pop up there pretty often. Maybe you can find some close by.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Truck looks awesome. I will be on the look out for it whenever i am down in St. Augustine
Thanks a lot Ryan there's a lot more to come I just don't know how quickly it'll happen. Your truck looks mean too man! Alright I'll be here haha I'll keep an eye out for your truck too
Old 06-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #20
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
Thanks a lot Ryan there's a lot more to come I just don't know how quickly it'll happen. Your truck looks mean too man! Alright I'll be here haha I'll keep an eye out for your truck too
yeah i know what you mean. It took me like 2 years to get mine the way it is. And its never done. Yeah my truck is very hard to miss and theres not another truck like it.