Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

NYCO Build Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #2181
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
oh yea you shouldn't be able to easily do it with the tent unfolded. The channels meet and interlock causing it to help hold it in more. Can't even imagine removing it with the tent down haha
Ok cool that's good to know. Your video wouldn't load for me, but you dont have to slide the Annex in while the tent is folded right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
so picked up the straps to test out, also got a shoe hammock

coleman zephyr light/fan for inside

and some dedicated sleeping bags for inside...going to zip two together

Nice. Shoe hammock is a good idea. I've been looking for a fan too. I just added an led light strip inside the tent and I have 2 more I'm going to use by the ladder. I think I'm going to add a 12v outlet and then be able to run a 12v fan or phone charger

I've been thinking about sleeping bags to leave in it too
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #2182
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea currently we slide our shoes between the rain fly and tent above, but this will be a bit more convenient..

i really need to get a dual battery setup

i feel i'm about tapped out..especially if i plan on running lights for camp
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #2183
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
now was that so hard? Its amazing what photos taken in sunlight can actually reveal.

Looks slick! Is it all just bolted to the composite bed? Any worry about strength of the mounting?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #2184
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
now was that so hard? Its amazing what photos taken in sunlight can actually reveal.

Looks slick! Is it all just bolted to the composite bed? Any worry about strength of the mounting?
mounted to the bed bolts in front, bed bolts and tie down bolt in rear. so it really should go anywhere.

the fat plates should help spread the weight out a bit as well.

should be stronger than if it were mounted on the bed rails. plus i still have full access to my bed rail tie downs.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #2185
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It wasn't a criticism of the design, more curiosity since I'm not as familiar with the structure of the composite beds.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #2186
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i know...

i'm not that familiar either...seems like a better option though versus on the bed sides..

running it this way also gives me the use of the soft top too...other bed side mounted racks would eliminate my topper mounts
Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #2187
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking about mounting my GTT to my RT so I can have a RTT.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #2188
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
Im thinking about mounting my GTT to my RT so I can have a RTT.

Was that the campsite in Vermont?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #2189
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Was that the campsite in Vermont?

Good catch!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #2190
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so picked up the straps to test out, also got a shoe hammock

Nice! i like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Ok cool that's good to know. Your video wouldn't load for me, but you dont have to slide the Annex in while the tent is folded right?

Oh bummer. Its on youtube. Just search Mt. Shasta annex

I always remove the tarp and install the first part of the annex before unfolding the tent. Its just easier. If you can watch the video and do the full setup..its not the greatest vid..but gives you a good idea.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #2191
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
it's doable

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ess-money.html
Old 09-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #2192
Member #12005
Quote:
it's doable

I knew it, that's the tits!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #2193
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
I knew it, that's the tits!
Why cuz it's pink and round-ish?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #2194
Member #12005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Why cuz it's pink and round-ish?
Why pink of course!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #2195
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i have that same fan Bob works great, love the led light too, still on the same batteries since 2 years ago...
Old 09-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #2196
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sweeet..seems like those things like that could be hit or miss, but that's great to hear

not sure how much air it'll move but in a place like moab, any circulation is better that none

should help to dissipate the dog farts too
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #2197
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sweeet..seems like those things like that could be hit or miss, but that's great to hear

not sure how much air it'll move but in a place like moab, any circulation is better that none

should help to dissipate the dog farts too
lmao...... nah its nice actually.... we rocked the fan a few nights this last year
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #2198
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Shastan farts? Shit you need a Binford 5000 turbo fan for that.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #2199
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery

trunk monkey controls these

which control these

Old 09-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #2200
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Got those in before the rain started again huh?

Products Discussed in this Thread