LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

NYCO Build Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #1481
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
That sasquatch or lurry there?

he was carrying a bag of jerky...so maybe
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #1482
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Damn you Bob. Atleast its warmer in jersey than Denver today.

yea weather is terrible here...idk why anyone would want to live here

funny how a couple weeks ago we were in the 70s for a week...then a couple weeks of snow..60 by sunday then snow again monday-tuesday and another 1-2 feet expected in the mountains from today-tuesday

i keep putting off working on my truck because the snow so i can get up and enjoy good snow, but i only have 2 weekends left to get it ready for cruise
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #1483
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
yea weather is terrible here...idk why anyone would want to live here

funny how a couple weeks ago we were in the 70s for a week...then a couple weeks of snow..60 by sunday then snow again monday-tuesday and another 1-2 feet expected in the mountains from today-tuesday

i keep putting off working on my truck because the snow so i can get up and enjoy good snow, but i only have 2 weekends left to get it ready for cruise
What a sad life you live...
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #1484
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #1485
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
buddy made this photo while we were at Loveland Tuesday

Dirty Ass Truck.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #1486
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Bob did you have a brand new 1 piece made or did you have them chop up a used 2 piece? I'm wondering if it's cheaper to make a new one or to use an existing one for the flanges.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #1487
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Bob did you have a brand new 1 piece made or did you have them chop up a used 2 piece? I'm wondering if it's cheaper to make a new one or to use an existing one for the flanges.

new

still have my old as a spare

they might have refurbished old parts from other setups but not from mine.

if that makes sense
Old 04-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #1488
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
got some stuff done this weekend..

TC spindle gussets

still have some room
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #1489
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
we also got eric's in yesterday as well..

for comparison, his are from all-pro and he has 285/75/16 duratracs

Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #1490
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
then today while eric was swapping out for his defined shackles, i did some cleaning up..

repainted the grille, sliders and rear bumper

Old 04-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #1491
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. Did you just tape some newspaper to your doors and sand them a little and then just hit it with paint?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #1492
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
took eric's pressure washer to them to get some of the old hurculiner off that was pealing, then sanded them down a bit to get some of the surface rust off..

then using a piece of cardboard as a protector i sprayed them down..few coats of rustoleum then few more coats of bedliner

eventually i need to take all of the hurculiner off so it's all one consistency... but that'll have to wait until another day
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #1493
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is so shiny now.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #1494
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
wash and wax planned for saturday if it's nice out..work on getting that jerry can setup too..sounding like jace will be able to get my maintenance work taken care of wednesday
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #1495

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
welded the gussets with the spindles still on the truck?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #1496
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
welded the gussets with the spindles still on the truck?
yea for both trucks we were able to keep them on and get enough coverage
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #1497
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
took eric's pressure washer to them to get some of the old hurculiner off that was pealing, then sanded them down a bit to get some of the surface rust off..

then using a piece of cardboard as a protector i sprayed them down..few coats of rustoleum then few more coats of bedliner

eventually i need to take all of the hurculiner off so it's all one consistency... but that'll have to wait until another day
Yeah I need to do this.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #1498
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
finally got out wheeling with the new setup...and i fucking love it..

rubbing like i expected on the top of the fender, about 3/8" of the flare is being rubbed on with the wheel straight and complete compression..front and back of the tire have clearance though which is the major areas of concern. my fender/flare will give before anything breaks hopefully

tires didn't skip a beat (given we didn't do anything crazy, but did the harder lines on what was available)

48 hours til i leave for moab for the real test!!!

went to metberry gulch with some friends to seek some dry trails

dog met a new friend

trailhead

end of trail stops at the south platte..lots of camping options and we had great weather to get out and enjoy the day

will be posting pics and video i got from others elsewhere and hopefully will see some more pics of me wheeling next few days..

only one so far
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #1499

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good weekend!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #1500
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
it was great getting out for sure..mid 60s and sunny couldn't have asked for a better day to wheel

looking forward to the season..few of us have our eyes set on holy cross again this summer and with two trips to moab and a trip to the san juans, there will be plenty of trails to be done

Products Discussed in this Thread