Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

NYCO Build Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #1701
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i was hoping to get up camping that weekend anyway
Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #1702
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
i was hoping to get up camping that weekend anyway
Hnmmm. Have to see if I can do this. How many other you think are doing this.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #1703
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
How come you chose the airflow snorkel over the ARB? I haven't seen many of these but they look pretty cool. Also how come the filter up top? do you also have the filter still in the engine bay or did that get taken out?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #1704
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
How come you chose the airflow snorkel over the ARB? I haven't seen many of these but they look pretty cool. Also how come the filter up top? do you also have the filter still in the engine bay or did that get taken out?
Makes great popcorn!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #1705
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Makes great popcorn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
you just wait! next year i'll be turning that popcorn maker into a bug zapper and kill all those damn gnats!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #1706
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
airflow is made for our trucks, so fitment is much better. larger diameter tubing than the safari. no need for cutting the inside of the engine bay to make things fit. and the price was right

filter up top is a donaldson pre-cleaner. i still run the main filter as well but the amount of dust that makes it to the AFE filter is significantly reduced with the pre-cleaner on.

after a week in moab for cruise moab running the main hood i had a large amount of dust that i was able to tap out. after a week in moab a month later with the pre-cleaner, barely any dust collected on the AFE. they report something like >90% of all dust/dirt gets removed from the air before entering the inake and i can definitely attest to that.

how it works:
Old 06-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #1707
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I'm always surprised at what gets through the snorkel. Always a bunch of bugs and shit stuck in my air filter. I just cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body last week and they were pretty bad. I'm already at 20 miles more to this tank than usual and I'm only at a half tank.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #1708
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
gotta keep that engine happy
Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #1709
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i actually had more dust in the air filter from the drive home with the normal hood on than i did wheeling in moab for a week with the pre-cleaner on
Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #1710
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i actually had more dust in the air filter from the drive home with the normal hood on than i did wheeling in moab for a week with the pre-cleaner on
Wow. Too bad it looks so funky
Old 06-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #1711
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
looks better now with the blacked out plastic at least..but yea the thing is huge and awkward
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #1712
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you just wait! next year i'll be turning that popcorn maker into a bug zapper and kill all those damn gnats!
Please do that! Fuck those things!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #1713
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_gnat
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #1714
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Oh eff those lil bastards so much!
Three days after I got home I was itching so bad. Just now starting to recede.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #1715
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
airflow is made for our trucks, so fitment is much better. larger diameter tubing than the safari. no need for cutting the inside of the engine bay to make things fit. and the price was right

filter up top is a donaldson pre-cleaner. i still run the main filter as well but the amount of dust that makes it to the AFE filter is significantly reduced with the pre-cleaner on.

after a week in moab for cruise moab running the main hood i had a large amount of dust that i was able to tap out. after a week in moab a month later with the pre-cleaner, barely any dust collected on the AFE. they report something like >90% of all dust/dirt gets removed from the air before entering the inake and i can definitely attest to that.

how it works:
That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I have heard that when putting a snorkel on you tend to loose a little bit of power, but is it minimal when using this method as opposed to the Safari Snorkel?
Old 06-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #1716

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I have heard that when putting a snorkel on you tend to loose a little bit of power, but is it minimal when using this method as opposed to the Safari Snorkel?
I didn't notice any power loss... Gained 1 mpg though...
Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #1717
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
no real power loss...it'll give you similar gains as a cold air system would give you, it just has a few more bends in the intake versus the normal cold air systems.

and the MPG gain is the most notable bonus of a snorkel. similar to other CAI as well.

i went from a Volant CAI with the ram scoop, back to stock then installed the Airflow all within a week and noticed the drop in MPG from Volant>stock then gained it right back with the Airflow. it was close to a 2 mpg difference between the Volant/Airflow and stock intake.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #1718
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Meh who needs an intake just run it open hole!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #1719
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
Meh who needs an intake just run it open hole!
this is me right now
Old 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #1720
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
this is me right now

Products Discussed in this Thread