Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The McJosh mini- beast

Old 05-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
The McJosh mini- beast

I've been checking out people's build threads and barely realized I didn't have one.

Well My truck is a 2005 small, base model, 5-lug tacoma. Currently sits with 72k miles. My first mod was the limo tint and smoked all the lights. I then picked up a scooped hood and color matched grille that both needed repair. And it looked like this:

(satoshi was done while it got repaired)

Next I got 30" BFG's with pro comp wheels:

Later on I found out about fatbob's and ditched the readylift idea. I also put 33" pro comp tires with new kmc enduro wheels. And 2 hellas behind the grille.:

I didn't like the chrome rear bumper so Avid Off Road made me a new tube rear bumper:

Avid O.R. Sliders came next:

I ran into a bush and got tired of the scratches on my front bumper cover and got a front tube bumper from Avid as well:

Throughout all that stuff, I put
-an afe CAI
-a flowmaster muffler chopped to dump over the axle
-3 stereos and 3 sets of subs with different enclosures.
-changed my bench for 2 bucket seats
-did the DIY armrest mod
-Installed a cobra 75 with 3' firestik
-Bought all weather Tacoma mats
-Installed 2 extra fogs in the bumper
-Put 3 rear lights altogether
-traded my scooped hood for a regular hood
-bought black bezel head lamps
-stuck some TRD decals on the bedsides from tunafish

Current pics:

Old 05-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
whoa.....beast dude.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Geez your truck has changed A LOT Josh! Mines pretty much the same since we last talked but damn you've done some major work on yours!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
great lookin truck josh!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
what procomp wheels did you have?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
whoa.....beast dude.
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Geez your truck has changed A LOT Josh! Mines pretty much the same since we last talked but damn you've done some major work on yours!
Yeah the mods never really stop.ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
great lookin truck josh!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
what procomp wheels did you have?
They were 8179's but required a darn spacer and my lug nut would only catch a few threads so I ditched the whole wheel and got my kmc enduro's.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
wow that thing is awesome! went from pretty ricey to BEAST! lol
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Looks good!
Well thanks scott. Yours isn't too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
wow that thing is awesome! went from pretty ricey to BEAST! lol
the wheels and tires did everything.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah, im loving that rear bumper! single cabs are awesome
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, im loving that rear bumper! single cabs are awesome
Avid Off Road, heard about 'em? lol
Old 05-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Avid Off Road, heard about 'em? lol
now i have if you dont mind, how much did that rear bumper run you?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Well thanks scott. Yours isn't too bad.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #17
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now i have if you dont mind, how much did that rear bumper run you?
About $350. I'm local so there's no shipping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Thats a damn nice looking 5 lug...what is your exact tire size? do you rub? i have 33s (285/75) on my prerunner w/ 3" lift and still rub....

and those bumpers are sex
my previous tire size was 33x12.5x15 they were pro comp x terrains. No rubbing after the little black box was removed and I also didn't have the fender well. The tires I'm running now are 32x11.5x15 (they're better suited for my needs)

Since your tire is 285 I'm assuming on a 16" wheel, that could make a height issue. My wheel's offset was also a role player in that.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #20
Keepin' it dirty in Texas
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alexmxman185's Tacoma Gallery
lol dont worry adam i already have my specs figured out thanks to keith.

but your build is awesome josh. thanks for the ideas man Ill have my rims and tires on my truck on monday. Then im debating weather or not to buy that front bumper.....