Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

$Alex's PLATINUM Truck Build$

Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Keepin' it dirty in Texas
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alexmxman185's Tacoma Gallery
$Alex's PLATINUM Truck Build$

So Just to start this thing off my truck is a five luger and if you (adam, Derek) have a problem with it then .

My truck is an 08, 2.7 4 banger. When I got this truck It already had the Ready lift 2.75'' spacer and rear AAL. It sat on stock rims with Goddyear Wrangler 30x9.5x15 A/T.

First mod was the windows, I cant stand how hot my truck gets with clear windows. So I went to a local flea market and got them tinted. I got limo tint (5%) on the back and on the two rear access cab windows, and 20% on the front and a slightly illegal eyebrow. All of it was done for only $75 .

After reading all the 5-lug posts and only seeing 2 guys running tires bigger than 31'', I decided to go with BFG 32x11.5x15 A/T.

Alot of people said it wouldn't work and it would rub and not look right. But with the help of Keith (KPT) and alot of other guys from the Texas thread help I broke down the math to get my tires to fit with no rubbing.

I Also had to do quiet a bit of trimming in the front wheel wells and a tiny bit on the front bumper just to ensure the fact they wouldn't rub. The one thing that gave me the most room was removing the useless black boxes

I found a set of rims online with the help of my buddy from discount tire with a -19mm offset.

Ultra Motorsport Rouge #164 rims.

so once I got the rims in, I had them mounted on the 32's.

After the rims and tires I ordered my sockmonkey bedside decals.

I finally got my sound system in my truck. I installed a simple single din kenwood in the dash. I have a 1000 watt Kenwood amp pushing 2x Kicker CBR 12's

I have my 6000k HID's Installed as well, Ill take a picture of them when I get a chance. I also have my Muffler in and will be installing it soon!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. The rim/tire combo looks pretty sharp.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
golden is still better

and my useful comment here: i think i saw someone with a 5 lug running sway a way front adjustable coilovers....that is if you are willing to drop another $500 on suspension...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
golden is still better

and my useful comment here: i think i saw someone with a 5 lug running sway a way front adjustable coilovers....that is if you are willing to drop another $500 on suspension...
yea total chaos makes an entire replacement suspension that allows up to like 13'' of travel or something like that? but it would cost an extra 2.5 grand just to achieve another 3/4'' at most...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
yea total chaos makes an entire replacement suspension that allows up to like 13'' of travel or something like that? but it would cost an extra 2.5 grand just to achieve another 3/4'' at most...
yeah ive seen that....but this is just the coilovers. im still trying to find that build

edit---this one

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ger-build.html
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I want your wheels!

I think you should do a 6 lug conversion. Spindle are cheap, and a locker in the rear.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post
I want your wheels!

I think you should do a 6 lug conversion. Spindle are cheap, and a locker in the rear.
but then i wouldn't be a five lug anymore

and i like having a five lug TBH, It saves gas and its something a little different. so when I do all my mods it will be one of a kind

Edit: I know adam is going to say "one less lug nut doesnt save you gas". so let me restate... A five lug saves you gas because it comes with the 4 banger
Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but then i wouldn't be a five lug anymore

and i like having a five lug TBH, It saves gas and its something a little different. so when I do all my mods it will be one of a kind

Edit: I know adam is going to say "one less lug nut doesnt save you gas". so let me restate... A five lug saves you gas because it comes with the 4 banger
change out your hub assemby. changing to 6 lugs doesnt involve replacing the whole engine last time i checked so you can keep your lame 4 banger
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #14

Quote:
change out your hub assemby. changing to 6 lugs doesnt involve replacing the whole engine last time i checked so you can keep your lame 4 banger
awwww really? I could have sworn with a new spindle you have to replace the manifold

I like my five lug and I already bought the freggin wheels!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
awwww really? I could have sworn with a new spindle you have to replace the manifold

I like my five lug and I already bought the freggin wheels!!!!!
drill one more hole! duh!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #20

Quote:
just to clarify....i never came out...i was never in....noo gayness here...
Just FYI everyone, Denial is the first step

Its ok adam were here for you (metaphorically speaking only)