Automatic 4x4

Suspension
3" Rough Country Spacer lift
2" Blocks in rear w/ shocks

Tires
285/75/16 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM2

Wheels
16 x 8 Motometal Chrome 955s.

I researched and researched. Pros and Cons, back and forth. Does it rub or doesn't it. Will it clear or not. To clear the air about aftermarket wheels rubbing the brake caliper, these dont come close. There is no rubbing the suspension components with the tire and wheel combination I have either. I didn't have to trim anything. This truck is 80% for looks and I am in no hurry to place it in the mud being my daily driver and all.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Uprising!-100_0486.jpg   The New Uprising!-100_0487.jpg   The New Uprising!-100_0488.jpg   The New Uprising!-100_0460.jpg   The New Uprising!-100_0485.jpg  

Old 05-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I like it
Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
North Georgia Member
TacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoXtreme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoXtreme's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 TX and want to give it a little bit of a lift. RC has always been good quality to me. I think this just solved my issue on which 3" to buy. The truck looks sweet man and I dont blame ya for not putting it in the mud. the new ones are waaay to nice to mud out and crawl with. But a little "lift for looks" never hurt anything. Any problems with alignment or ride quality?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
BBBsti LTD will become famous soon enough
BBBsti LTD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!! Very clean.
I wonder why it does not rub? Have you tried with the suspension compress?
I love the 285s but I don't want to trim the cab mounts.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
If you knew you weren't gonna hit any mud, why get KM2 MT's, It would of been better on your MPG if you went with a low pro/all terrain. But i guess the KM2's add that cool off road look with the big 'ol knobs. Cool truck though.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Cause they look sick!

I Kind of did the same thing....Mud terrain and living in the city, not that great of a choice when in comes to MPG's. I think what I am going to do in the near future is get a set of stock wheels and tires and switch out when I now I going camping/offroading.

I crunched the numbers between 17mpg and 14mpg(current), 15,000miles a year and at 4.20 a gallon. It creeps on you with cost!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
jmcclellan is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jmcclellan's Tacoma Gallery
Well...if I went with the all terrain slicks, I would limit my options on where I can go. We all know Tacomas eventually make it off road. It only rubs a little with you go in reverse and turn the wheel sharply to the left or right. You can glue a rubber stopper on the inside of your turning stop. It will limit your turning radius a little but it will keep ya from chopping up your fender. KM2's are the bomb...the ride is awesome! I had to get everything re-aligned afterward but she rides great! No complaints here.