Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Seabass's Fish Taco Build

Old 05-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Seabass's Fish Taco Build

The Fish Taco

As she sits today....

But in the beginning...

Here's the earliest pic that I can find of her when all I had done was put some BFG AT's on with no lift. No other mods were done at this point.

2006 Indigo Ink Pearl access cab 4x4 Sport - bought new in late '06 as a birthday present to myself

Next up.... spacer lift so I could fit my BFG KM2's. Also threw in a Kenwood DNX-6960 head unit so I could watch movies, hook up the iPod, have in-dash GPS, etc.

Also added a machined aluminum grill set because I was set on having the machined finish on everything instead of chrome.

Installed my CB behind the console, added a 150w PA system, and wired up a switch so I could flip it on and yell at bad drivers without having to reach behind. The switch powers up both the CB and the PA amp and is lit so I don't forget to shut it off and kill my battery.

Got tired of the rims and the grill being machined, so I decided to black them out with lots of scuffing, primer and Duplicolor wheel paint.

Then, the accident happened... hardly visible from the pics, but I got a fat check from the other driver's insurance company. Time to spend!

After getting the tailgate fixed and the hitch removed, I decided to make some changes with the large chunk of cash I had left over.

I had been eyeballing the All-Pro bumpers for some time and really liked the look of them. I don't go smashing my truck into boulders and deer, so I felt this bumper was right for my uses and I really liked the angles that the AP has. Conveniently there was a group buy going on, so I picked up a front and rear bumper plus the sway bar friendly IFS skid plate. Next up was to add sliders, so I picked those up local from Avid Off-Road. Brandon at Avid did the thermal coating on the sliders and bumpers in one shot so the textures all matched. Decided to go out of pocket and add the Warn M8000 winch before I installed the bumper so I wouldn't have to deal with it later. Also threw in PIAA 510 driving lights and hooked them up to the fog light switch.

It was also time to ditch that spacer lift, so I decided to pull the trigger on new suspension. 5100's to the front and rear, new Light Racing UCA's, and Old Man Emu 885 coils to get her going. Already had a 2" AAL for the rear springs.

Got her aligned, did a headlight restoration, and here's how she sat:

The oil on the ground is from the Jeep Grand Cherokee that parks next to me all the time LOL

Finally after over a month of having a naked light hoop, I pulled the trigger on the new LightForce Genesis 210mm lights. Here she sits as of today:

Body/Chassis
  • 2006 Indigo Ink access cab 4x4
  • Custom aluminum machined grill set, painted black
  • One-of-a-kind custom pinstriping

Suspension
  • Bilstein 5100's all around, fronts set to 0
  • OME 886 coils
  • Light Racing UCAs
  • Rear 2" AAL

Wheels and Tires
  • 285/70/17 KM2's
  • MB Wheels (Discount Tire) 17x9's with 0mm offset - coated black with Duplicolor rim paint

Armor/Recovery/Expedition
  • All-Pro front/rear bumpers with shackles
  • All-Pro IFS skid plate
  • Avid Off-Road sliders (welded)
  • Textured thermal coating on sliders/bumpers
  • Warn M8000 winch
  • 60" Hi-Lift mounted/locked in the bed
  • 5 gallon military surplus plastic jerry can
  • Long bed roof rack with custom-fabbed drop-in baskets and awning mount points
  • Tepui Kukenam 3-man roof-top tent
  • ARB 2000 awning (6'5" wide x 8'2" extended)

Electronics
  • 2 LightForce Genesis 210 (first edition) offroad spot lights
  • Tuff LED 4" round utility lights for fogs
  • Kenwood DNX-6960 double din GPS/DVD/iPod interface w/bluetooth
  • Boston Acoustics component speakers
  • Uniden PRO538W CB radio
  • Astatic noise cancelling CB mic
  • 150 watt amplified PA speaker
  • Wilson 1000 series 3000 watt 62" antenna
  • UltraGauge mounted above rear view mirror

Realistic Future Plans (2014)
  • Olive drab green full Plasti-Dip spray
  • Expedition leaf pack (All-Pro)
  • 10" rear shocks
  • More lights
  • Onboard air plumbed through bed cubby w/30' coil hose

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you've got a good start

Nice Looking Truck

Didn't want the side pieces for the rear bumper?!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Casey31 will become famous soon enoughCasey31 will become famous soon enough

Name: Casey
Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin' truck, man! Love the color!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
millerlite002 has a spectacular aura aboutmillerlite002 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: maitance
Name: David
millerlite002's Tacoma Gallery
hey man if you don't mind me asking how much did that all pro bumper cost for everything?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Indian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ashil
Indian Shifter's Tacoma Gallery
sweet ride bro...love the color
Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Looks like you've got a good start

Nice Looking Truck

Didn't want the side pieces for the rear bumper?!

Thanks!

I decided against the side extensions because I didn't really care for the look from the profile. Plus, I saw one of them get hit in person and it pushed right into the fender causing body damage, anyways. So, I just saved the money.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #7

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlite002 View Post
hey man if you don't mind me asking how much did that all pro bumper cost for everything?
I got in on a group buy in March so it was discounted. I think everything shipped came to about $1800 which included front bumper with light hoop and fairlead, back bumper, and IFS skid. Shipping was about $300 of that total. I had my bumpers powdercoated locally to save the $$ and the risk of shipping damage, too.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh yea, I was kinda worried about it...but 2 weekend ago (our long weekend) some drunken idoit slammed into my truck (into the bumper/side pieces) and was amazed, it didn't bend, move nothing, the quad literally bounced off sideways, all it did was scuff the top coat of the powdercoat! Thought I'd share!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
looks better in person
Old 05-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
YEAAAAAA BUDDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #11

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Oh yea, I was kinda worried about it...but 2 weekend ago (our long weekend) some drunken idoit slammed into my truck (into the bumper/side pieces) and was amazed, it didn't bend, move nothing, the quad literally bounced off sideways, all it did was scuff the top coat of the powdercoat! Thought I'd share!
Good to know. At least they will be a pretty east add-on if I decide to go with them in the future. For right now, I am saving for those new Lightforce Genesis lights to hang on that naked light hoop
Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #12
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Good to know. At least they will be a pretty east add-on if I decide to go with them in the future. For right now, I am saving for those new Lightforce Genesis lights to hang on that naked light hoop
Yea, I put mine on after cause I really wanted the bumper on my truck!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #13

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Got the new lights on the hoop last night. Can't wait to test them out on the trail.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #14

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Added a bunch of new pics and better write-up to the OP. Check it out and let me know what you think
Old 07-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
nice build you got going! we need to hit up some trails at night!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #16

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
nice build you got going! we need to hit up some trails at night!
I can't wait to see what these things can do on the night trails. It should be like daylight
Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #17
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Looks great man... but you don't have a lot of spaced gap on the AP front... You haven't had issues with it pushing the fenders up and bending them yet? I know mine would without the gap I have.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #18

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Looks great man... but you don't have a lot of spaced gap on the AP front... You haven't had issues with it pushing the fenders up and bending them yet? I know mine would without the gap I have.
So far it's been perfect and I've whomped it a few times pretty good. I have a 1/8" gap above the top of the bumper all the way across (perfectly level) even after romping it and with no paint touching at all. I hit my driver's side tire up into my fender well twice and popped a couple fender clips before, but nothing happened between the bumper and fender.