Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

SCHMEGGA'S '08 Black & Silver Build

Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
SCHMEGGA'S '08 Black & Silver Build

Some latest pics of the Taco with the newly added DeMello 3-Hoop Bumper, All-Pro Sliders, and Magnaflow Exhaust.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, let's hear the plans you got for it! Where ya located!?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Looks good man, let's hear the plans you got for it! Where ya located!?
West Texas-Abilene

And Thanks. Working on the writeup and pics of the new bike rack I just put on today.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great but dont be posting pics of your lube
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Token Gas Passer

Today I got in my new 1UP USA Bike Rack. It is CNC machined aluminum with all stainless steel hardware and then I had it ordered with the optional anodized black finish. Hey, it had to match the other accessories to my Taco! Anyway, kept reading all of the 5 star reviews about it on MTBR forums and decided to pony up and just get it. The only downside to this rack is the price. It is in the Porsche price range of bike racks but just like a Porsche, it is worth it. Usually $299 for a one bike setup in unfinished silver machined aluminum. It is an added $50 for the anodized black finish. So for $350 it is shipped to the door. You can add on up to 2 more bikes to the rack at the cost of $199 ($250 for black) for each additional rack section. So for 3 bikes you would be looking at $600-$750!
BUT, this thing is built like Ft. Knox! It comes equipped to fit both a 2" hitch or a 1 1/4". Out of the box, it took me a total of 5 minutes to get it on the hitch and get the bike on it. It comes with a proprietary locking mechanism which makes it basically "steal proof" since it can't be taken from the hitch without the appropriate tool. Once locked into the hitch it feels like it is welded to the frame! It really is that solid.
Will take it out on the road tomorrow for the first real-world test. Check them out at www.1upusa.com. You can only order direct from them.

The pics:

Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Welcome.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm diggin the bike rack
Old 05-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Token Gas Passer

My planned upgrades (does not include a lift. I have always liked the lower height with big wheels "look." Will post a pic of my first ever vehicle and then you will understand):

1. Already have ordered the Lamin-X yellow covers for the fog lights.

2. Will soon be ordering cross bars from Armor Tech Offroad so that I can mount my Kayak in the bed.

3. Satoshi Grill insert with behind grill light bar from Elusive Elements.

4. AFE drop-in air filter

5. New Cat-back exhaust, prolly Flowmaster

6. New headlight bulbs (still wavering on which way I want to go)-Convince me! Prolly HID with the Retrofit group buy

7. Relentless Fabrication's Aluminum Bumper

8. Relentless Fabs Rock Rails Hybrid With Kickout

My list... so far!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
Token Gas Passer

My first ever vehicle, and the reason I am a Toyota fan and have finally come back into the fold:
Attached Thumbnails
SCHMEGGA'S '08 Black & Silver Build-screen-shot-2011-06-01-12.28.13-am.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #10
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Cool dude, it's turning out real nice. I like the look of your old truck alot!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is extremely clean looking nice job
Old 06-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good so far, go with the magna flow over the choke master, they are just as deep but smoother believe me...good to see you representing west by god Virginia all the way down in Texas haha
Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
jcmartinez17 is on a distinguished road

Name: jc
jcmartinez17's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man. and sick bike too
Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
Mountaineer is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
Mountaineer's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome Ride

Truck looks great. I just ordered those wheels today. How do you like them so far?

The flying WV really makes the truck.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #16
Token Gas Passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
Truck looks good so far, go with the magna flow over the choke master, they are just as deep but smoother believe me...good to see you representing west by god Virginia all the way down in Texas haha
I'll remember that. And Thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #17
Token Gas Passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
Truck looks great. I just ordered those wheels today. How do you like them so far?

The flying WV really makes the truck.
The wheels are great! They just look so awesome to me. Pretty easy to keep clean, for a black wheel.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
juan01 is on a distinguished road

juan01's Tacoma Gallery
Off to a great (and fast) start! Love the look of the matte black wheels/silver exterior.

Question about the headunit. Can you still adjust volume and tracks from the steering wheel?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Token Gas Passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan01 View Post
Off to a great (and fast) start! Love the look of the matte black wheels/silver exterior.

Question about the headunit. Can you still adjust volume and tracks from the steering wheel?
Nope. My Taco didn't come with steering controls in the first place.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #20
bermslider is on a distinguished road

bermslider's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man. Those wheels are sick. I'm tossing up between them or the American Racing Predator. Anyway, what size tires did you put on and I am assuming you are at stock ride height?