Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Going to purchase my lift. Anything I am missing. Opinions welcomed.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Jager01 is on a distinguished road
Army: Airborne!
Jager01's Tacoma Gallery
Going to purchase my lift. Anything I am missing. Opinions welcomed.

I am going to go with these tires on my stock rims:

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwi...0255%2085%2016

With this lift:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Is there anything else I need or should buy to complete it? I am thinking upper control arms, but if I purchased this lift:
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8414

Wouldnt the struts reduced sway while driving and negate my need for a UCA? Im a noob hence I dont really know what I am talking about. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
check the buy sell thread, someone is selling their un used OME setup
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
N8Dizzle is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
N8Dizzle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager01 View Post
I am going to go with these tires on my stock rims:

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwi...0255%2085%2016

With this lift:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Is there anything else I need or should buy to complete it? I am thinking upper control arms, but if I purchased this lift:
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8414

Wouldnt the struts reduced sway while driving and negate my need for a UCA? Im a noob hence I dont really know what I am talking about. Thanks!
Superwhitetaco is selling the OME kit. You might be able to save some money. Search this "FS: OME Lift Kit"
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-lift-kit.html

and hurry!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why the 886 coils ?

Are you planning on an aftermarket steel bumper and winch ?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The OEM UCAs are limited when it comes to alignment adjustability. It doesn't have to do with stability. Also, I doubt you will want the 886 coils unless as mentioned above you plan on running a big front steel bumper with a winch.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Jager01's Tacoma Gallery
I am not planning on a winch or bumper. I just want the extra load carrying capacity and I understand the ride with the 886s is just a little stiffer. I am going to keep the stock rims but go with 33 km2s. Do I have the correct dimensions?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not planning on a winch or bumper. I just want the extra load carrying capacity and I understand the ride with the 886s is just a little stiffer. I am going to keep the stock rims but go with 33 km2s. Do I have the correct dimensions?
That's dumb

No steel bumper , no winch , no need for 886 , you'll be fine with the 885's and you won't ride like you have Flintsone wheels
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That's dumb

No steel bumper , no winch , no need for 886 , you'll be fine with the 885's and you won't ride like you have Flintsone wheels
X2
Old 06-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
Jager01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's dumb

Haha fair enough. Any recommendations on tires if I am going to keep the stock wheels?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Jager01's Tacoma Gallery
truck

Quote:
What model is your truck ?
09 TRD Sport 4door. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
09 TRD Sport 4door. Thanks for the help.
265/70/17 on stock wheels

285/70/17 with some inner fender trimming , and mud flap removal if you use wheel spacers
Old 06-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
the price for your lift is pretty low. you are probably missing something. check out this website. that's what i'm planning to go with.http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm the total price for this set up is $1069 compared to what you're going to get and yes i'm going with 886's since i have an arb bumper on mine.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
the price for your lift is pretty low. you are probably missing something. check out this website. that's what i'm planning to go with.http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm the total price for this set up is $1069 compared to what you're going to get and yes i'm going with 886's since i have an arb bumper on mine.
Are you getting the Dakar rear leafs ?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
I compared the two and the difference is the dakar leaf springs. do you know what the difference is between the two? i know the dakars' a lot beefier.
The Dakars are a replacement leaf pack , the other option is just an additional leaf you add to your stock springs
Old 06-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Dakars are a replacement leaf pack , the other option is just an additional leaf you add to your stock springs
what's the pros and cons between the two? is it just that you can put more weight in your bed. I have a 2011 taco, so my rear spring are brand new. I wouldn't need the dakar set up? I also notice the other kit doesn't have the drive line bearing drop kit (carrier drop)
Old 06-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The Dakars provide 2 3/4" of lift over US stock height

You can buy the CB drop seperately , the OME fitting kit is FK29
Old 06-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
i like ur choice in tire and size i have the 255-80-17 km2's in my living room waiting for install i can get them much cheaper for you...pm me and they will be fine on your stockers....im gonna run 1.25in spidertrax spacers with my stock wheels for a better stance and stability