LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

GENERAL OFFROAD's build

Old 08-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #21
upcountry is on a distinguished road
upcountry's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the setup! Have you had any driveline vibration issues? I am considering the expo stings from AP as well. Thanks for building this thread!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #22
GENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enoughGENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
GENERAL OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by upcountry View Post
I really like the setup! Have you had any driveline vibration issues? I am considering the expo stings from AP as well. Thanks for building this thread!
I have noticed ZERO vibes with this set up (trust me I'm super anal about stuff like that but I'm pretty sure we all are on this forum.must be a yota thing)..the flex is awesome..drive shaft doesn't seem to be in a bind anywhere..rides great..really can't complain after beating it up on the farm and beach the other day. All I have in the bed is a spare tire mount with a cooper stt with foxes set at 7 and rides fine, even tho that might be a little light for the weight these springs are built to handle. However its giving my 5100s set at 2.5 a run for the money(which is nothing compared to the rear kit haha) I'll be getting the LT done on the front by November the latest and that will set more weight to the rear by leveling out the truck..I'd say go for it
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #23
GENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enoughGENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enough

Retro fitting stock headlights (mini write up)

Did this before I made the build page..but thought I'd add it, who knows it might help someone who wants to do the same.

bought the XFR from TRS when we did the TW group buy
specs on the kit and tools:
-XFR projector
-50w morimoto ballast
-4300k bulb
-gatlin gun shroud
-torque driver to take apart headlight
-oven
-dremel to cut out back of reflector bowl
-8mm socket to remove reflector bowl from housing
-quick steel (for my glue) good up to 500*F

I did BHLM even on the shroud and bowl, lightly night shaded the orange reflector also..then tinted blinker covers yellow and replaced orange bulb w/ clear to give the blinker a yellow look and have them match the fog when I had a stock bumper

Once I had fitted the projector and tested to see if I liked the position for headlight alignment in XY and Z(rotational)

only one in and very impressed..however had to rotate it a few degrees counter clockwise to make it sit level (primary example of why you test the retro fit before putting it back together)

then complete the steps on the other light and finish painting

very important to let the paint dry so you don't get any moisture in the light late on that could come from the paint..I'd say minimum of 24hrs

in the car pics..I'll get better pics soon
Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFK View Post
sexy!
haha thanks man!..she's getting there
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
whats the Part number on those Fox rear shocks?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
whats the Part number on those Fox rear shocks?
just looked it up real quick and this is the same one but for stock height: PN 980-02-372-A, couldn't find the one for my set up though with the longer travel..
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #28
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have the FJ FOX shocks with the resi in the same position, having the control for vavling would be nice. Have you messed with it to see the difference in control?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #29

I think they are specific to the Allpro leafs and maybe can only be ordered from Allpro..I could be wrong tho..and yes I have messed with them..1 is Solid w/o weight in the bed and won't roll at all when cornering, 8 is pretty soft. so far I've been keeping it at 7 but when I tow i put them around 5 and it rides like the 7..pretty impressed so far
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #30
Almost there

sounds like a great option! I think ill just wait till I upgrade my rear end and get some sort of bypasses or something.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #31
RBPTaco is on a distinguished road
RBPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
u still have that bull bar for sale?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPTaco View Post
u still have that bull bar for sale?
i sure do.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bull-bar.html
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #33
upcountry is on a distinguished road
upcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL OFFROAD View Post
I have noticed ZERO vibes with this set up (trust me I'm super anal about stuff like that but I'm pretty sure we all are on this forum.must be a yota thing)..the flex is awesome..drive shaft doesn't seem to be in a bind anywhere..rides great..really can't complain after beating it up on the farm and beach the other day. All I have in the bed is a spare tire mount with a cooper stt with foxes set at 7 and rides fine, even tho that might be a little light for the weight these springs are built to handle. However its giving my 5100s set at 2.5 a run for the money(which is nothing compared to the rear kit haha) I'll be getting the LT done on the front by November the latest and that will set more weight to the rear by leveling out the truck..I'd say go for it
Thanks for the real experience feedback. I have been on the fence about doing this upgrade but think I'm going to pull the trigger. I hsve TSB leafs with OME AAL and OME Nitrochargers now but tow alot of stuff so this seems like a good fit.

Did you add shims to rotate axle?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcountry View Post
Thanks for the real experience feedback. I have been on the fence about doing this upgrade but think I'm going to pull the trigger. I hsve TSB leafs with OME AAL and OME Nitrochargers now but tow alot of stuff so this seems like a good fit.

Did you add shims to rotate axle?
nope. I'll try to get some better and more specific pics for you tomorrow so you can see how it looks..the kit is legit tho and have truly had no problems thus far...my stock leafs had bad axle wrap off road and these are solid compared the stock beaten leafs all the way from 05
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #35
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

for some reason i love this picture of your truck
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
for some reason i love this picture of your truck
haha..its got that "bro lean".. if i lived any where near the desert id go a completely different route..I might just have to move one day
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #37
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha..its got that "bro lean".. if i lived any where near the desert id go a completely different route..I might just have to move one day
Well just the truck all blacked out and the matching trailer just sets it off

Wait you live in texas? There no desert there?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #38
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
Ohh man nice job! i know a fabracator for some of the fox shock parts. nice ride!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Well just the truck all blacked out and the matching trailer just sets it off

Wait you live in texas? There no desert there?
I live in Houston..so not unless I drive 6 hrs...haha hit up the beach every now and then tho.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #40

Front suspension update

Some new additions I'll be putting on the rig hopefully next week.
Built Right UCAs

2.5 Fox Racing Shox with Resi (sry, its the only picture I got before I packed them back up to take them to my shop)

other items I have that I'll be installing are:
-Dif Drop (will be setting the foxes at 3in/maybe more)
-Got a new head unit as im setting up a custom camera system to watch the vitals under the truck when wheeling/driving

Things I've order but haven't arrived:
-AP sway bar collars
-Extended front brake lines

Also got a set of off-road rims and tires..well i actually have two sets of rims so will be selling one set soon when i decide which to keep.
Went with 285/70-16 GDYR Kevlars

and one of the wheel sets are the TRD sports i think?, the other set is my stock steelies, a better off-road pick as you can bend them back.

Products Discussed in this Thread