Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

GENERAL OFFROAD's build

Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
GENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enoughGENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
GENERAL OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
GENERAL OFFROAD's build

Eric's '05 4x4 DCab

Modlist

Armor/Equipment Storage
Custom bed spare and tool carrier -G.O.
Custom rear bumper -G.O.
Custom Front bumper -G.O.

Performance
-TRD Intake 2.0
-URD Intake (used to have)
-URD MAF calibrator
-Aero 2525 muffler

Lighting
-TRS xfr projector
-morimoto 50w ballast
-4300k morimoto bulb
-Rigid dually floods up front
-Rigid 20" (white)
-night shade TL

Tires
-General AT2 265/70R17 (USED TO RUN)
-Goodyear Kevlar 285/75R16 (CURRENT)
-Hankook MT 285/75/R16 (SPARE)

Suspension
FRONT
-FOX Shox 2.5 w/ Resi
-Built Right UCAs
REAR
-Allpro offroad expedition leafs
-Fox 2.0 w/ resi
-OME carrier bearing drop

Exterior/Aesthetic
-GrilleCraft upper
-BHLM retro and emblems
-AP 2.5x3 front fenders
-Line x

Interior/Electronics
-Optima Yellow Top & (Stock battery-Dual setup coming soon)
-Jenson 7" Single DIN

Gears/Axle
-4:56 Supreme Gears
-Detroit Locker (rear)

Future modlist
-35x12.5 Thinking the next set is going to be Toyo MTs
-Build Rock sliders
-Aluminum skids (will be buying bc no press brake..yet..)
-TC 2+ LT kit (only front LT)
-Upgrade bump stops
-Redesign shock set up in rear w/ more travel

Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
NIce lookin whip man!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
now you just need some real generals, GRABBERS!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Get the chrome off and post some pictures of your flag mount, that's awesome!

Sweet truck man!!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good what part of texas are you in?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
clean looking truck man! +1 . Also, how do you like the URD maf calibrator? Have you seen some real gains?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #9
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
GENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enoughGENERAL OFFROAD will become famous soon enough

This is my flag mount for whoever was asking.

Thanks guys...here's a little update on what i did yesterday
went to tractor supply and got one of those 6x8 rubber bed mats and went to town..covered the bed, tail gate, and I'm working on covering up the back plastic sides of the interior seats. I use those a lot and shit just glides across the plastic backing when turning.

^Total Knee Saver when crawling into the bed

Also i was towing my trailer out to the farm w/ stock leafs and some MAJOR SAGGING was going on so ill be getting the rear done suspension wise (I'm thinking AP expedition leaf w/ fox) still deciding on what kit for the front or whether to go long travel or not..decisions decisions..

Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #12

Yay update on my build

Got the parts in last night minus the leafs that didn't make it with the rest of the stuff or should i say will be late to the party, anyways thanks Allpro offroad! yall are awesome can't wait to try out your product.

now for some eye candy.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #13
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL OFFROAD View Post
Got the parts in last night minus the leafs that didn't make it with the rest of the stuff or should i say will be late to the party, anyways thanks Allpro offroad! yall are awesome can't wait to try out your product.

now for some eye candy.

I think I'm jealous haha
Old 07-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
I think I'm jealous haha

haha. not yet man..they're not even on the truck yet!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL OFFROAD View Post
haha. not yet man..they're not even on the truck yet!!
Just knowing they're going on there is enough haha
Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #17

Allpro expedition rear suspension installed and front glass

Well it's been a long day but I really wanted it done right so no regrets.

started out with the fiberglass 3" rise and 2.5" flare. The fitment wasn't bad but now all I need is a bumper and to order some color matched paint..$$$

On to the rear suspension, fun and pretty easy install. so far rides stiff w/o the weight in the back but it has improved handling and the overall feel of the truck..can't wait to try it offroad.

leafs finally showed up..very heavy, poor fedex guy

yay, one side done

old vs new

My dad had some time to come over and help put in the other side and had some good ideas on how to put in the bump stop instead of welding as I didn't get the timbrens but I'll prob be getting the fox bumps put in later on.

Here's the bump stop situation on the flip kit and how it was done.

Brake lines would have been easy but they were so tight that they even started to round off with a flare wrench..(pic of a flare wrench below)

finally removed it and installed the new. ended up using vise-grips for removal.

and this is it complete

Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #18

update

Said goodbye to the URD and hello to the TRD 2.0 intake..Now that I have had both of the top intakes I would say they are about even on performance..The URD might have been a bit more powerful but for sure not water proof for the trails..however it is cheaper, sounds meaner and if you don't plan on taking your truck through water for sure the way to go. The vacuum gauge that tells you when to service the filter is cool on the TRD but I don't think I really need that.

Also took the trailer to the farm the other day and the ride was MUCH better then before..(comparison pic in previous post)

Then did some backyard off roading and was very impressed with the flex but then again i went from stock leafs to the full kit so I'm sure I'd be impressed.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #19
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! I also just did by retros so we have somewhat similar lookin trucks man. I can def see myself gettin my truck rigged up to be a mid travel with the glassworks fenders and new suspension like you have, I like your taste
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Nice build! I also just did by retros so we have somewhat similar lookin trucks man. I can def see myself gettin my truck rigged up to be a mid travel with the glassworks fenders and new suspension like you have, I like your taste
Thanks man, the Mid travel is kickass and is a way smother ride, however on the front I'm planning on doing the Total Chaos FJ 2" long travel kit opposed to the 3.5 just so I can still fit on tight trails and keep it somewhat stock looking. Also went with the expedition leafs on the rear bc I sometimes tow a lot and hope to fill it with lots of trail gear when it's finished up..Next mod will probably be a tranny cooler tho since I didn't get the tow package.