JOHNH7's Build "SKY"

View Poll Results: What do u think of my buid so far
Awesome 18 85.71%
Not my style 2 9.52%
ehh... 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
Name: John
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
JOHNH7's Build "SKY"

Hey guys i have been a toyota owner since 2000 and i learned how to drive with a 1970 BJ45 3sp.

I currently own 4 Toyotas and i love them.

This build is on my 2007 Tacoma DC TRD Sport 6sp manual 4x4 speedway blue, a.k.a. SKY.

I ordered this truck before leaving for Iraq in March 2007 and i was able to get R&R leave at the end of August. By then my new truck was waiting for me for 2 weeks in the corner of the dealership...

i was so happy

brought her home and cleaned her up a lil but dint have too much time to do anything since i only had 2 weeks

and she sat for 12 more months waiting on my return. While deployed i was bored i started looking parts up and what i wanted etc etc so i started ordering parts and more parts...
When i got home the process started to mod her out just the way i wanted too...

Now i dont have any pics of the process all i have is the finished product as off right now. I get impatiante and want to see it finished and i dont feel like stoping and taking pictures blah blah blah... anyways the important stuff follows now...

these pictures are as of 6-june-11, SKY has roughly 41000 miles on her...

Now for the list of parts...

Engine
URD TCAI / AEM Dry Air filter Red
Optima Red Top Battery
Doug Thorley LT Headers
Jardine Exhaust from the Y back 3"
Throttle-body Spacer
TRD Anodized Light Blue Oil Cap
Redline Hood Struts
K&N Oil Filters
5w30 Royal Purple

Interior
Color Matched Double Din H/U Surround, A/C Backpanel and cupholder.
AVIC D3 Navi System with Ipod hook up, Bluetooth, Back-Up camera Parking Assistant with external remote and fully unlocked for movie watching during road trips
Boss Chaos Exxtream Series Door speakers
Pionner 750W 2CH Amp
Pionner Shallow Mount 10" Sub in Tacotunes box
FJC fog light switch for future brush guard lights
FJC roof lights switch for cargo light
Cobra 75 CB
Turbo Gauge with 3 layers of Amber tint to color match with factory dash lights
Old Style Thick All Weather Tacoma Mats
Door sill protectors
2D Blue anodized Maglight
(cane is not a mod, i got blown-up in Afghanistan and use it 70% of the time)

Exterior/Suspension/Brakes
Toytec OME 885s coils for the front with factory Blisten shocks
Toytec AAL in the rear with 1" block (eventualy i will swap for the DAKAR LP)
TRD Ivan Stuart Rims wrapped with 285/75/16r BFG AT (full size spare in stock location) and blue anodized TPMS valve stem caps charged with 40psi of nitrogen.
Satoshi Grill with "toyota" emblem off FJC.
Brush Guard with added reinforcement
Step Bars
Tail Light guards
WeatherTech in vent window visors
35% Front window tint
2008 Checy Colorado 3rd Brake light w/cargo lights
Back up camera in license light
Tail gate EZ Drop kit with hose clamp mod
4' Firestik adjustable tip with heavy duty spring on stake hole
Truxcedo tunneu cover
OEM Bed Mat
a total of 6 rail tie down points with added bed rings on bed bolts in middle and front bolts
Front calipers painted with ceramic red high temp paint and rear drums painted with ceramic black high temp paint
extended steel braided rear brake lines
carier bearing drop kit (will be ordering one piece DS from Tom woods soon)
front swaybar relocation kit
pop-n-lock

Fluids
75w90 Royal Purple in all of drivetrain
Orange stuff rainX for windshield wiper fluid
Wearever Gold brake
And Castrol Synthetic Tranny oil for Power steering

Detailing
Call me OCD but i wash my truck twice a week and wax it once a month and get it clayed every 6 months.

UPDATED 10-JUN-11

So i got bored this week and i decided i was finaly gona tackle this issue we have of not enough toggle/rocker switches. as we all know toyota only gave us 6 spots on the drivers side and in my case 3 were already taken for the clutch cancel switch, inverter, and OEM fog lights.

Well i will eventualy add fog lights on my brush guard so i got this switch

then i did the 3rd brake light mod and for that i added this switch

and i will eventualy add a in cab inverter so that will take my last spot left on the drivers side so i decided to make a center control panel right underneath the a/c control panel.

and here are the pics

then i decided i dint like the silver color that surrounds the painted blue head unit dash kit so i painted it and while i was at it i added 4 5v powered USB plugs to it so i can charge several things...

here are the pics

now this is how my dash looks like now

for those that are asking themselfs whats that white thing under the CD, thats a Electronic cigarret, since i dont smoke in my truck i use that to kill the urges, and it charges via USB so another reason why i wanted to add the USB charging ports.
let me know what ur thoughts are guys...
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
life. It goes on.
johnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nicejohnh7 is just really nice

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved2
Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved3
Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved4
Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck Dude! Really Clean
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy92 View Post
Nice Truck, and thank you for your service

X 1000!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy92 View Post
Nice Truck, and thank you for your service
Cannot be said enough!

How is the ride with the factory bilsteins and the 885 springs? I've been thinking about using some 884s on mine cause money's tight and I've heard of people doing it.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #10
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
i like it if i compare it with my 07 4runner limited its alil harsh but then again its a truck and i dont mind it being a lil stiff...

Im also tight on money so im in the process of saving up for the rear leaf package swap and some ome shocks.... but i think the order i need to do it is rear leafs then get the onepiec DS then ill do the front.

i just ordered some 07 4runner windshield wiper nozels cause its a 3 squirt system and there all adjustable, it will be better that that spray style we already have... ill post pics when i get them in
Old 06-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP for update

(check around the end of post 1)
Old 06-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man. I love the interior work you did. The back up camera is a very sleek and nice touch.

Thanks for the good read and view.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
badass! thank you for your service.

How easy was the Colorado 3rd brake light mod? I miss having cargo lights!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #14
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
it was realtively easy, the hardest part for me was taking a dremel to the roof... the only thing i can say is measure 3, 4, 50 times before cutting.

after i cut it out drill out wholes for the plastic screw ports and push them in
then get touch up paint and rustoleum primer and spray some primer in a lil cup and with a acid brush brush the edges that u just cut, then let dry and use the touch up paint brush and paint the primer and make it look pretty.

then cut the plug off the tacoma light and solder it to the brake lights off the colorado one. the ground wire for the cargo lights should be grounded with the brake lights then all you have to run is a 12vdc wire between both lights to one and run it to were ever ur switch will be.

and use a weather striping black silicone to fill in the gap between the roof and the light.

Its relatively easy just time consuming.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #15
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys here is the layout for the 6pin plugs used on FJC aux switches. I will make one for our switches also so that way its out there for other people.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6pin FJC Aux switch layout.pdf (134.1 KB, 72 views)
Old 06-21-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, i like what you did with your headunit surround and a/c controls!!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I was the only one that matched his cup holders and cd player surround. Sid u clear coat them?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
life. It goes on.

Army:
johnh7's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i sanded and painted them and clearcoated them with the same paint i used for the grill... i bought a second grill to do the satoshi grill so i would have a stock one just in case but the stock one got stoled along with alot of other parts i had for my truck and 85 supra...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what kinda paint? and where you get it? also tail light guards where you get those? you get my message? lots of questions!!