Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Hunters Build, Dream truck coming to life....

Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Hunters Build, Dream truck coming to life....

Well if your not into reading skip all this till you get to the bold.

Since I was 9 I have always wanted a tacoma, lifted, with bumpers, dark windows, sliders, and some recovery gear, 4 door.

So lately my dream has become a reality and Im so happy!!! Thanks to my awesome family, my wifey, and TW to helping me out. My wifey is the one that financed the truck for me because I had no credit, my family is the ones who backed me to get my truck even though gas prices were climbing because it was my dream.

My wifey and family also pushed me to make it my dream truck because I have no bills right now and live rent free (thanks mom and dad!!!) I still have 2 years of college left. Then Im gone which is a catch 22 happy but sad haha!

Ok now that props are done to them time to move onto the truck!

2006 Tacoma SR5 with 50k on it as of 6/4/11, it was a gift on 11/20ish/10 with 36k

We purchased it and sadly we got raped on it because, it was our first time buying from a dealer. Live and Learn I LOVE my truck.

Heres a pic the day I got it!

All stock, some scratches and dents here and there

I dont have pics of every single thing done so, sorry

First thing (thanks to TW) was my Weather Techs! (no pics)

Then came HIDs (fog lights)

265 75 16's

Plasti dipped grill, badges, and rear bumper (I dont like chrome)

Then came 20% tint, not dark enough retinted to 5% LOVE IT!

Not a fan of to many stickers but love this one

I play with the thought of decorating my rear tailgate with stickers but eh, not sure.

Then I got the BHLM and my bumper

As of 6/7/11 stay tuned, shortly to come are my sliders, Lift kit 3" (within the next week)

Still to come are the following things,

Rear Bumper, UCAs, Tonneau (sp?) Cover, XD Addicts, New shoes, Onboard air to run tools and my train horns, Winch, Off road lights.

One of my hopefully next things I want to personally work on are some projector lights but cant find any real write ups on them.

Tons of more pics to come next week after sliders and lift!!!

Also Im a FF so if any interest Ill get a pic/video of my light set up.

Anyway all comments and suggestions appreciated good or bad!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks great. i want an arb so bad i cant stand it!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ga Taco,

I LOVE my arb, I was very indifferent about it until I got it.

Thanks to my wifey for pushing me to get it because she knew I wanted it, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!

I can tell a difference because of the weight (not to bad) once I get my lift and new coils Im sure it will be better!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see you finally got the ARB. I've seen you're posts on ARB bumper threads. What's springs did you decide on? Nice truck.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Im not sure what they are exactly called but they are made by TJM demello off road hooked me up with them.

Same as OME type, TJM is made to support ARB accessories.

Haha I thought he bailed on me at first because I did not hear from him but he came through I was pretty stoked!!/still stoked!!!

Thanks its changing quite quickly, keeping a eye out for some rims I would love some XD addicts but keeping my options open.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
let me know if u need help with projector installs, its really not that hard, especially if u get the morimotos, its literally pull apart the headlights and screw the projectors in.

Good job so far!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
let me know if u need help with projector installs, its really not that hard, especially if u get the morimotos, its literally pull apart the headlights and screw the projectors in.

Good job so far!

Is there a write up of how to?

I havent really found any info on them haha any help would be appreciated, I heard they are a lot better then HIDs which is why I was looking at them.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Is there a write up of how to?

I havent really found any info on them haha any help would be appreciated, I heard they are a lot better then HIDs which is why I was looking at them.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...l?highlight=fx
Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice start pal, and that sticker is amazing! Looking forward to its progress
Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Nice start pal, and that sticker is amazing! Looking forward to its progress

Thanks! Yeah, if all goes well it will take off pretty quick and stay a steady pace until finished (unless something comes up).

I found a way to get all my stickers!!! I saw a pic of a tacoma with stickers in the inside of the bed!

BINGO so now Im ordering all my stickers!

Also got a request for my lights so going to take a pic of them and upload them.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
Pics and Vid of lights on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbCrfy-WHwI

Old 06-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #12
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your truck is nice! Love the bumper and the LIGHTS are CRAZY. What kind you use whelen?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #13
The front is a undercover whelen, the sides are whelen 3 leds (forgot the name), the rear stick is a 911, and the two on the plates are also whelen.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
Well looky what showed up to my door!

Well I have not heard much about TJM so I'm going to do a detailed review after some miles. If everything goes right monday it will be installed if not by tuesday, going to go to a friends house next weekend if possible and knock it out.

Also want to throw out a thanks to Demello Offroad I called they hooked me up, saved me some $$$, and shipped quickly!!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
Also sliders will be put on this upcoming week, hoping for monday as well.

Ordering my rear bumper beginning of next month looking at Allpro or CBI, I do tow a boat so has to have a hitch.

I like the way the high clearances look, plus it will help so thinking of that one.

I was told to space the sliders from my pinch weld a little maybe 3/4" any input on that?

Leaving for fire school not sure how busy I'll be so see you guys sunday!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta update your sig...your stock truck is still chillin in it. Sexy bumper by the way!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
FF4RC5
08FireRescueTaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer FireFighter
Name: Hunter
08FireRescueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
The front is a undercover whelen, the sides are whelen 3 leds (forgot the name), the rear stick is a 911, and the two on the plates are also whelen.
They are AWESOME, im kinda afraid (and broke) to get anymore. Really my station hasnt gotten enough calls this year to justify getting more. And what do you mean by "fire school" were you a Volunteer goin paid? sorry to get off topic of your truck.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #19
Lol no worries.

We had 326 calls last year and so far this year we have had 160ish calls.

Also the fire school is state fire school, like learning about technician stuff and the basics. People come from all over to take classes.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #20
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing your progress. I was on a forest service handcrew for a few summers while I was going to school. I know wildland firefighting is different but it sure paid the bills! I didn't have much of a relaxing summer, but I didn't have to work so much while I was in school either.

P.S. Those lights are pretty rad!