Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gus's Second Gen Build

Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Gus's Second Gen Build

Figured i should start a page as I have been numerous small/cheap and easy mods to the new truck. Still have the 04 4x4 2.7L that is now my brothers first vehicle

But this is a step up haha

I started by removing secondary air filter, debadged and tinted tails

I then ordered the TRD Shift Knob, and got the old Kenwood headunit from my old truck put in this one

Lastly I painted the wheels gloss black with good ol Rustoleum

and this is how she sits as off 5 mins ago haha

I will be adding a AFE Pro Dry drop in filter and getting the 13inch wicked flow muffler in the next few weeks, but after that mods will be slow. I have thought about the 5100's but i never offroad anymore and I don't need them right now, and since its CPO i don't want to void warranty. Leaning towards getting pro comp 7089s in the fall/winter but still doing some research on any issues with them as the 8069's I had on my first gen created some vibes possibly due to backspacing too far out from truck?

thanks for looking and it will come along VERY slowly haha
Attached Thumbnails
Gus's Second Gen Build-new-truck.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
NICE!! keep it up.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE: the Pro dry gave me about a 1 mpg increase, still doing testing with diff octanes and stuff but went from 15-16 around town to 16-17. And the wicked flow WAS dumped over the axle and still sounded good but droned on highway in 6th gear was annoying. Had a local muffler shop fab up a new 45 degree exit pipe today, will update with pics later. Ordered front 5100's from DSMS and Will be adding them in a couple weeks
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #4

Been Busy

The first pic is of the Revotek headlights (ebay) that i got in about a week ago since i don't have time for the BHLM.

Second pic is of the 5100's set @ .85" and they ride GREAT! No vibes, Handling has improved, and as you can see the CV joints are unaffected.

Third pic is of the custom outlet pipe i had fabbed up for my wicked flow exhaust (which is getting replaced by an AT2525)

And the last pic is how it sits today 8/4/11, its just about level, only .25" lower in the front but if i had set it at 1.75" it would've been way nose high...
Attached Thumbnails
Gus's Second Gen Build-img_0154-1-.jpg   Gus's Second Gen Build-img_0155-1-.jpg   Gus's Second Gen Build-img_0156-1-.jpg   Gus's Second Gen Build-img_0157-1-.jpg  
Old 08-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck!! Love the stock rims black!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
travbz24 is a name known to alltravbz24 is a name known to alltravbz24 is a name known to alltravbz24 is a name known to alltravbz24 is a name known to alltravbz24 is a name known to all
travbz24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
The first pic is of the Revotek headlights (ebay) that i got in about a week ago since i don't have time for the BHLM.

Second pic is of the 5100's set @ .85" and they ride GREAT! No vibes, Handling has improved, and as you can see the CV joints are unaffected.

Third pic is of the custom outlet pipe i had fabbed up for my wicked flow exhaust (which is getting replaced by an AT2525)

And the last pic is how it sits today 8/4/11, its just about level, only .25" lower in the front but if i had set it at 1.75" it would've been way nose high...
Have you had the rear springs TSB done?
Old 08-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Lastly I painted the wheels gloss black with good ol Rustoleum

How did you paint the rims gloss black? Did you doit yourself or take it to a shop? If you took it to a shop how much was it? If you dont mind me askin lol
Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff man keep going. We have the same name lol.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles View Post
How did you paint the rims gloss black? Did you doit yourself or take it to a shop? If you took it to a shop how much was it? If you dont mind me askin lol
Did it myself. Wet sanded with 600 grit i think then cleaned with mineral spirits, dried, then sprayed 2 thick coats of Rustoleum white "clean metal primer", and then did 3-4 coats of Rustoleum gloss black paint. (waited about 10 min between coats) really easy, just gotta give yourself a day so you can let it dry a while
Old 08-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Good stuff man keep going. We have the same name lol.
ya if there was a poll on here titled is your name Gus?, there would prob only be two yesses haha
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did it myself. Wet sanded with 600 grit i think then cleaned with mineral spirits, dried, then sprayed 2 thick coats of Rustoleum white "clean metal primer", and then did 3-4 coats of Rustoleum gloss black paint. (waited about 10 min between coats) really easy, just gotta give yourself a day so you can let it dry a while
Dang i really want to do this but im not sure how much of a painter i am haha.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #13

Upddated Exhaust

Update: I replaced the Wicked Flow Max with the Kamikaze 2.5" in and out and its sounds great. Louder than the regular WF but with no drone and more rumble, highly recommend it and DOES NOT sound like straight pipes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice. I've been thinking about that kamikaze but have heard mixed views on it, like being to loud.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Nice. I've been thinking about that kamikaze but have heard mixed views on it, like being to loud.
i mean it is pretty loud around town, but quiets down a lot on the highway with no drone. You def get the flowmaster rumble noise that is hard to get on packing mufflers (magnaflow, borla, etc.) without the performance loss of a flowmaster or straight pipe
Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck man looks great.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Love the truck man looks great.
thanks man, will be looking a lot and uniquer in about a week w/ these
Attached Thumbnails
Gus's Second Gen Build-wheel.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
Victory is reserved...

Quote:
thanks man, will be looking a lot and uniquer in about a week w/ these
Man those will look sweet especially w/ the bronze color.

Can you do a drive by with the kamikaze?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Man those will look sweet especially w/ the bronze color.

Can you do a drive by with the kamikaze?
ya they look awesome! will post pics sometime this week prob. Sorry man, back to school and no time to do a drive by vid. The vid posted sounds very similar to what it is in real life tho...