BGreene Black Buildup

Old 10-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie Member
BGreene will become famous soon enoughBGreene will become famous soon enough

Name: Brandon
BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BGreene
BGreene Black Buildup

I bought my 08' Tacoma in March this year, and sadly enough I am just now getting to add modifications to it.

March 2008- New
2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5

First mod- 10/09/08

Side 'Tacoma' emblems were taken off today, painted black, and put back on. Not quite done with the back emblems. Still have to remove, paint, and put back on.

Front grille was also taken off today for all the chrome on the grille to be blacked out. No problems with paint- easy taken off and reinstalled.

Mods to Come
3" Lift
265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo Tires
16x8 Black American Racing Mojave Wheels
Blacked out back bumper
Tinted windows
Westin Bull bar w/Skid plate
Old 10-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
looking good man!!

What process did you do for painting the grill/frame/logo ?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man you gonna be doing the BHLM?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looking good man!!! gonna look really great when you get everything done, but you already got a good start!!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
Socalman...Your truck is an inspiration to me! Haha.
I had already planned blacking out everything, but you truck is sweet.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man much appreciated it takes time with all the mods but it looks sweet in the end!
Old 10-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
BGreene Black Buildup (2)

Second post- 10/11/08

I finished taking off the back emblems today and painting them black. I only put "Toyota Tacoma" back on and left PreRunner SR5 V6 off.

Windows were also tinted today. 20% all the way around. With the rear windows already tinted some they are darker than 20%, but not sure how much. The font is just a little lighter than the back, but not by much.

Lift, wheels, and tires are all coming next week!
Also, hope to get the back bumper painted soon

Old 10-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGreene View Post
Second post- 10/11/08

I finished taking off the back emblems today and painting them black. I only put "Toyota Tacoma" back on and left PreRunner SR5 V6 off.

Windows were also tinted today. 20% all the way around. With the rear windows already tinted some they are darker than 20%, but not sure how much. The font is just a little lighter than the back, but not by much.

Lift, wheels, and tires are all coming next week!
Also, hope to get the back bumper painted soon

great job man!!! emblems look sweet!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
BGreene Black Buildup (3)

Third post- 10/15/08

I painted the back bumper black today. It really brings the back end together. I need to black out the tail lights to complete the rear end. Only took me a couple hours because of sanding, painting, and drying times in between coats.

I couldn't bring myself to do the BHLM, so I order a pair of headlights already done- the will be installed Friday. I've sold my original headlights already. I've also had a buyer on my stock Dunlop tires that I will replace with Bridgestone Dueler Revos hopefully Monday- Tuesday at the latest.

Enjoy the pics. BG

Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is turning out great.
Are you going to lift it any time soon?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
I hope to have the lift put on Monday! (Keeping fingers crossed)
I've just been trying to line lift/wheels/tire install all up.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #14
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
BGreene Black Buildup (3 1/2)

Fourth post- 10/20/08

As I said in the last post, I just couldn't convince myself I could do the BHLM, so I ordered a set and they were delievered day before yesterday and installed yesterday. I will snap some pics tomorrow when it's day light again.

I also started painting my 16" steelie wheels today.
For the most part I followed the prep/paint instructions from this video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bh8hzwC2TA

....just incase you'd like to watch. Will post pics tomorrow when they are completed also.

My lift was also ordered today. It will be installed probably Wednesday and new tires put on the same day.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
BGreene Black Build Up(4)

Fifth post- 10/21/08

Here are some pictures of the new headlights I installed a couple days ago.

Finished painting all of my wheels today. I am actually VERY satisfied with them. I've also added pictures of them.

I am definitely getting the lift installed Thursday and tires Friday. Will have more pics up by Saturday!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Rookie Member

BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
BGreene Black Build Up (5)

Sixth post- 10/24/08

My lift was installed today. It is a 3 inch suspension- not even sure about the company that made the lift to tell you the truth! A local custom auto shop installed it. Also, got my new tires installed. I went with the Bridgestone Dueler Revos and stayed with size 265/75R16 for now. Thought about going with 285/75R16, but didn't want to trim anything right now...maybe sometime in the future.

Also put on the custom "TRD" decals that Sock made for me. Mad props to him! I went with "TRD Black", obviously because of my theme!

Sorry about the picture quality, it was a rainy day today.
Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!

Old 10-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #17
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sick! That think is murdered!!!! I love it
Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #19
KMADA has a spectacular aura aboutKMADA has a spectacular aura about
KMADA's Tacoma Gallery
nice process. By the way where did you order the blacked out headlights ?
Old 10-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Very good man! keep it up!